Alice Cooper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point Graham was making that no-one is obliged to but if they don't it doesn't mean they should be accused of thinking x, y or z! After all many people don't have time to read or reply to all threads.
If everyone on here did a welcome back post it would result in some very long and tedious threads.

He most certainly is not!

Alice is an American legend and pioneer of shock rock and Ozzie Osbourne is the Brit God of metal and bat killer.
That woman on QVC is most certainly not an erudite, entertaining and extremely intelligent person like Alice nor does she seem to grasp the importance of image as he does.

Agreed! Lol. Although I libelled him about the bats (sorry Alice) I was attempting sarcasm with the Chloe comment but failed I think.

I think I will go and dig out my old records I am sure there is some Alice Cooper somewhere. As for the girl next door song thats the one ruined in pubs during drunken kareoke (sp) isn't it? "Alice Alice, who the feck is Alice..."

What did I start about chickens and ducks! You can see how chinese whispers can get started. Soon poor Alice Cooper will be further libelled as killing Orville on stage and appearing on QVC to promote his new album.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Wow it managed to make it through the night without being closed

Just shows what I know

For some reason she comes across as quite tomboyish and masculine to me, not that there's anything wrong with that just an observation :blush:

How have we ended up here again?!

Anyway, I like her. Can't say I've noticed the eye makeup, but I have no problem with her. Would be boring if all the presenters were clones of each other.

She comes across as just another presenter to me. Some are blonde, some are dark, some are tall, some are small, some are fat, some are thin, some grate on you, some don`t etc etc etc etc and some will appeal to some of the people part of the time and some won`t. Same as any workplace really. You might walk into a shop and one day a nice cheerful, attractive, friendly person might serve you and then on another day you might be served by someone you feel is miserable, unfriendly or unsuited to the job. Most of us just accept it as being part of the retail business, whether in shops or on TV and don`t make a big deal of it. Afterall the customer is King or Queen, you don`t like it, you don`t buy it, you don`t like the presenter, you don`t watch it. Simples.

You havent noticed the eye makeup!!! come on, whether you like it or not surely nobody could fail to notice the eyeliner she has on. I know Alison and some others wear it but not all the time and never quite as heavy as she does.

Incidentally, how many qvc presenters are off at the moment, Iv got up all happy over Easter and so far she has been on almost all the morning, please qvc mix it up a bit, nobody wants the same presenter for 2 hours then a hour break and then another two or three hours, continuing like that for almost a whole holiday weekend!

As Snowstorm said yesterday:

'Just dipped in to have a little read. What is all this if you don't like it switch over?? I thought the whole point was to say what you like and don't like. Yes we know we can switch over but I thought the fun was to watch then critique? Am baffled sometimes. '

I agree Snowstorm

The newish presenters often get landed with the bank holiday shows.

I think Jackie must have other projects. She does very few shifts. She is so very good at it and its not through practicing because she is hardly ever there but I just hope we keep her even if for a few shows. Bloomin Alice though is a permanent fixture!

Chloe was only scheduled for two hours according to the TV guide on the website so maybe she has had to cover due to someone being absent unexpectedly. On the guide most of the presenters are shown as presenting two hours apart from Julian who has three, so it looks like the plan was to have a decent mix of presenters.

What is it with the high rate of absence that is affecting all the regular presnetsr? I know of Anne Dawson, Catherine Huntey and Claire Sutton at the moment.

It is Easter holidays, Pipa and Jilly are both on holiday as their kids are off school.

She comes across as just another presenter to me. Some are blonde, some are dark, some are tall, some are small, some are fat, some are thin, some grate on you, some don`t etc etc etc etc and some will appeal to some of the people part of the time and some won`t. Same as any workplace really. You might walk into a shop and one day a nice cheerful, attractive, friendly person might serve you and then on another day you might be served by someone you feel is miserable, unfriendly or unsuited to the job. Most of us just accept it as being part of the retail business, whether in shops or on TV and don`t make a big deal of it. Afterall the customer is King or Queen, you don`t like it, you don`t buy it, you don`t like the presenter, you don`t watch it. Simples.

actually no, it's not simple(s). some of us watch certain shows to see the product. therefore if the presenter is shouting over the guest or whatever, naturally it can be annoying. obviously different presenters appeal to different people and equally obviously everyone is different. does that mean it should never be commented on, on here??

Watch what you like but if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Very simple, actually. You can always order the product online.

Watch what you like but if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Very simple, actually. You can always order the product online.

you don't exactly get a lot of product information online. if it was that 'simple' they'd only have a website.

It really is that simple.

Some would say presenters don't always give much product info. Anyway. I rarely watch the shows in their entirety these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back