Alison Young At It Again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought I had written this post, but it seems you beat me to it. Couldn't agree more but it would seem we are in the minority.:flower:

I like AY. She has a good sense of humour and is a bit mad. To me it looked like a playful slap between friends and if I'd seen it before I read this thread I would have smiled.
I don't think the guest seemed offended at all. It just looked like a bit of horse-play to me. They're only flogging make-up and imo it's best done with a bit of fun and a slap or two.

I'm delighted to see you are in the minority, rightly so and I myself wouldn't be proud of it either.
For the life of me I can not think of one reason what hitting someone in the face has got to do with providing advice on make up or the selling of it.
I'm totally disgusted with the behaviour, I watch a make up show to learn and buy make up products not to witness AY yet again assault someone.

The impression I get is that she is enjoying herself. I didn't realise that so many people are so easily shocked and offended by a TV sales person giving another presenter a tap on the chops. It was hardly an assault.

I don't think anyone has saidthey were 'shocked' or 'offended', just commenting that it's inappropriate behaviour for on the telly.
And maybe she was enjoying herself , (tho I was under the impression she was there to do a job of work presenting products we may wish to buy, not to have a good old laugh), I doubt the girl with the slapped chops was enjoying it quite so much.

Very constructive contribution to the discussion.

At least I don't resort to abbreviated swearing when criticising other forum users opinions. I thought the point of the thread was to express our opinions about AY, not attack others because their opinions don't match your own.

The impression I get is that she is enjoying herself. I didn't realise that so many people are so easily shocked and offended by a TV sales person giving another presenter a tap on the chops. It was hardly an assault.

I think you need to look up what physical assault means, love :taphead:

And what if one of the male presenters decided to give a female guest a "tap on the chops"? Or a male guest playfully punches a female presenter? Would you be happy seeing THAT on screen?

Just because it's a woman doing the slapping doesn't make it right.

At least I don't resort to abbreviated swearing when criticising other forum users opinions. I thought the point of the thread was to express our opinions about AY, not attack others because their opinions don't match your own.

Please feel free to post your valued opinion on why AY hitting Lee in the face enriches your shopping experience with QVC.

Please feel free to post your valued opinion on why AY hitting Lee in the face enriches your shopping experience with QVC.

I think you're all getting rather wound up over something and nothing. Thanks Bags for your permission to give my opinion ~ however my 'shopping experience' was neither enriched or unenriched by watching Slapgate. I really couldn't care less and I'm surprised that so many of my fellow forumites are so enraged. each to their own though, after all that's what a forum is all about :flower:

I didn't see this so can't comment, but has anyone who did actually complained to QVC ? I think this is the only way to get them to sort her out.

I watched the clip, it was meant in jest and was just a laugh. Some people need to lighten up. I like her because she isn't full of herself and is capable of having a joke and larking about. For instance, I'm watching her during the Elemis hour and she is really funny, its been a lovely, light-hearted show.

If you want a serious make up lesson go to make-up school!

I watched the clip, it was meant in jest and was just a laugh. Some people need to lighten up. I like her because she isn't full of herself and is capable of having a joke and larking about. For instance, I'm watching her during the Elemis hour and she is really funny, its been a lovely, light-hearted show.

If you want a serious make up lesson go to make-up school!

And if she wants to behave like a Clown,she should join the Circus.She's about lipstick not slapstick!

There are many things worth getting worked up or upset about, murder, famine,illness, cruelty,seeing your home and belongings washed away but the antics of a TV makeup person is not one of them in my humble opinion.

And posting 'lighten up' is expressing your opinion about AY and not having a pop at someone elses opinion then is it?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so please do not attack someone for posting their opinion.

Personally I thought what AY did was out of order and I sent an e-mail of complaint to QVC about it. Equally I switch on tonight and she was on with Elemis and she was on good form, having a laugh and a joke, all good fun, just shows that when she tries hard enough she can have fun and be funny without hitting someone.

Im surprised that some on here are not marching to QVC Towers, awaiting to lynch AY.. And Petpixie, as was Loveheart, were right to express THEIR opinion, as everyone else has done so.. Just because it doesn't match yours, then thats your problem.. Some saw what AY did as playing around, while others saw it as assault (or similar).. Its up to Lee to do something about it, if wanted..
If you don't like AY, don't watch her fgs!

And posting 'lighten up' is expressing your opinion about AY and not having a pop at someone elses opinion then is it?

I have the right to answer my critics surely? If you single out my post and use abbreviated swear words to show your displeasure with my opinion, then I'm obviously going to reply. I do think you should lighten up ~ you seem very angry :sad:

Im surprised that some on here are not marching to QVC Towers, awaiting to lynch AY.. And Petpixie, as was Loveheart, were right to express THEIR opinion, as everyone else has done so.. Just because it doesn't match yours, then thats your problem.. Some saw what AY did as playing around, while others saw it as assault (or similar).. Its up to Lee to do something about it, if wanted..
If you don't like AY, don't watch her fgs!

I don't watch her and consequently miss out on stuff I might have been interested in. However my few (non) purchases won't dent QVC's profits :giggle:

if ANY of you went to work on monday and a colleague laid their hands on you in this way then you would have every right to complain.

i have NO doubt that AY thinks this is lighthearted and funny. she is wrong. the woman she slapped instinctively said "I'm being bullied" after she was hit and i think this says a great deal about her immediate reaction to the assault.

what is it about alison young that makes her behaviour acceptable to some people? if you met her at a beauty event and did the same to her do you think you would be happy?

what is it that makes her think the usual rules dont apply to her?

i cannot stand her. if i met her i'd probably smack her in the face ... happy with that?

Last edited:
Then it is up to Lee to make a formal complaint about the incident to qvc.. If you're so outraged, ring the CEO's office and make a formal complaint about Alison's behaviour, instead of trying to shout down the posters who have a different point of view!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so please do not attack someone for posting their opinion.

Personally I thought what AY did was out of order and I sent an e-mail of complaint to QVC about it. Equally I switch on tonight and she was on with Elemis and she was on good form, having a laugh and a joke, all good fun, just shows that when she tries hard enough she can have fun and be funny without hitting someone.

The elemis show was thoroughly enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back