Allergy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
I HAVE BEEN USING BARE MINERALS FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW, AND i LOVE IT, BUT I THINK I AM STARTING TO HAVE A REACTION TO IT, MY FACE IS VERY SORE AND DRY AND LOOKS AWFUL, HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS ? I SOMEHOW THOUGHT THAT BECAUSE IT WAS MINERAL, THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN.

There's something called Bismuth (SP?) in Bare Escentuals which you could be allergic to. Lots of people react badly to it - my daughter got quite nasty, almost septic, pimples. I think it's there to help the product cling to your skin. Some mineral make up doesn't contain bismuth; I had some from ebay which didn't and the instructions suggested I apply it while my moisturiser was still 'damp' to help it adhere to my face. The one I got was cheap and home packaged, but I think some of the big brands may not use bismuth either - if that is what your skin is reacting to. Are you using the BE flawless face brush? That makes my skin prickle horribly, so it could be that too.

Bismuth is a mineral but has been used to poison someone. Natural does not mean you will not be allergic to it unfortunately.

LilyLilo mineral makeup does not use bismuth, its a UK brand and you can buy samples to try.

I'm not a fan of mineral makeup and all that buffing around. Give me liquid any day.

Bare Essentials made my face red and itchy, I use Lily Lolo now and have no problem with it at all. :sun:

Both myself and my daughter had sore itchy faces after using bare minerals. We are both ok with the Bella Pierre mineral foundation from QVC. It comes in a compact. We use a Smashbox foundation box as the bare minerals brush seemed a bit prickly for sensitive skin.

I use nothing but mineral makeup because so many liquid foundations have made my sensitive skin flare up. I have dry sensitive skin and some mineral brands simply don`t do it any good. The 2 brands I find to be the best are from Elemental Beauty and Barefaced Beauty, both do trial sizes and the barefaced beauty finishing powder which goes on top of the mineral foundation is like silk, so smooth and non drying. Both also list all their ingredients.

https://www.barefacedbeauty.co.uk/

http://www.elementalbeauty.co.uk/

Last edited:
I use the real techniques expert face or buffing brush to apply mineral foundation, I found a huge difference in how it applies! The brushes are really soft too and often on offer 3 for 2 in boots!

People can be allergic to just about anything, even 'non-allergenic' or 'hypoallergenic' products. That phrase just means that the product doesn't contain ingredients that are known to cause allergic reactions in a lot of people. I'm allergic to plenty of things in these products, not least an ingredient in a skin cream designed to soothe and neutralise allergic reaction!

Latest posts

Back