Ann dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tulip

Registered Shopper
My god cannot someone please shut this women up,:mysmilie_51:she goes on and on about nothing, and that ****** voice goes right through me. Who ever employed her should get rid of her

I cannot stand her accent, to my ears she is not easy to listen to. I have to wonder why they got rid of Debbie Greenwood but still want Ms Dawson ? My mouth just dropped open - 'how's this for a phenomenal price of £18' - WHAT ???? for a box of BISCUITS ??????????

I don't mind her accent, but I have family who were Scots.

Its the rambling on about told crap which 9 times out of 10 has nothing to do with the product she is suppose to be selling.

My god cannot someone please shut this women up,:mysmilie_51:she goes on and on about nothing, and that ****** voice goes right through me. Who ever employed her should get rid of her

I don't mind if they get rid of AD....but pleaseeeeeeeeeee not before CR and Marverine.

I couldn't agree more, Tulip. She is simply awful today. She was on with lying Ultrasun Abby Cleeve earlier and she said: "Sit up and pay attention!" in a harsh way. I thought: "I don't want a litre of aluminium-infused gloop that isn't as good as Soltan! Then she was blethering on about how she spent some time in Israel, and how it was 43 degrees and how there was only one tree with about 30 people trying to get under it! Dreadful!

Mind you the other people on today haven't been much better. Catherine Huntley made me laugh when she tried to convince us that she liked the slab of lemon calico fudge she shoved in her mouth. Her voice sounded like molten caramel as she did the obligatory "mmmmmmm, that's so yummy!" yet her face told an entirely different story. Something like: "Sh**, I've stuffed a sickly slab of fat, sugar and lemon food colouring in my mouth, now it's going to my hips!"

Then Dawson was back on, whining like a set of out of tune bagpipes telling us what pheNOMINAL value a 20 quid tin of biscuits was! Really Ann? pop down to Waitrose and I'm sure you'll see something comparable for less! She keeps saying "salubrious" today, like it's a new word she's trying to commit to memory. She's used it at least 5 times. I wish she'd sod off to the God Channel or wherever else it is she presents. Her dogmatic, preachy style would go down a treat with all the fairy tales she could read from the bible!

Last edited:
My head hurts whenever she starts talking. It is the most awful voice for tv, nothing to do with the accent.

I turned on this morning and AD was on and unfortunately the sound was turned up (I always turn sound off unless I'm interested in buying item) her ****** voice is awful she is even worse than AY.

I am scots and god forbid i ever drone on like her, her voice is awful in fact the woman is just awful awful please go Ann if you have found god please don't try to sell him anything or you will end up with the :devil:

I tuned in and couldn't stand the screeching, nothing to do with the accent, so switched over - after I'd turned the sound down, and it was still grating even then. Why oh why do they keep her on? She hardly ever smiles, she screeches, she goes on and on - same ole same ole - horrible to listen to and a complete turn-off. I was going to post something on here then but I thought no, I'd be nice for a change and at least shut up about it but you've all reminded me of a nasty experience so it's all YOUR faults that I've posted!

Cannot watch any shows she's on.....dreadful voice and lousy presenter. You learn nothing at all about the products as she's too occupied talking rubbish about herself.

I lasted about 20 seconds before turning over to a different channel. She has a voice akin to nails down a blackboard. I just cannot stand it, so it's an automatic reach for the channel changer. I wonder how many viewers and more importantly to Q how many sales they lose this way.

I lasted about 20 seconds before turning over to a different channel. She has a voice akin to nails down a blackboard. I just cannot stand it, so it's an automatic reach for the channel changer. I wonder how many viewers and more importantly to Q how many sales they lose this way.
If sales were down when she presented compared to sales when other people presented similar shows in similar time slots then surely QVC would get rid of her. So I can only conclude that some people don't mind her, watch her shows and buy the items she presents. Personally I find her voice painful to listen to and her constant shouting really annoying.

If sales were down when she presented compared to sales when other people presented similar shows in similar time slots then surely QVC would get rid of her. So I can only conclude that some people don't mind her, watch her shows and buy the items she presents. Personally I find her voice painful to listen to and her constant shouting really annoying.

I agree. Sales are the motivator to success for any retail company. If the presenters' hours were not meeting the sales target, I don't think the Q would have any qualms about getting rid. For every viewer who hates a presenter, another will have no problem with them.

Could be all sorts of reasons - they didn't meet sales targets OR they didn't toe the company line OR they were just too outspoken OR they stood up to the bosses - or anything else at all.

Is that because she keeps saying hello this is Richard gardens Jackson i have lost count how many times she has said that,dear dear.

I don't mind Anne at all and her voice doesn't bother me. Rather hers than Julia's or Catherine's, neither of which I can bear to listen to.

Latest posts

Back