Annaleise šŸ‘°

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw Alex Hayden and Annaliese presenting Mr. Max last night. I don't know if Alex's calm and cheerful style simply works well with Annaliese's personality but I found them so engaging as a duo that I actually watched it, rather than just had QVC on as background noise.

I saw Alex Hayden and Annaliese presenting Mr. Max last night. I don't know if Alex's calm and cheerful style simply works well with Annaliese's personality but I found them so engaging as a duo that I actually watched it, rather than just had QVC on as background noise.
Alex can be raucous, especially when she laughs for no apparent reason. Annaliese is the more cheerful of the two imo. I didn't watch the programme but I'm glad that they hit it off together.

Alex can be raucous, especially when she laughs for no apparent reason. Annaliese is the more cheerful of the two imo. I didn't watch the programme but I'm glad that they hit it off together.
They were a good pairing. Unlike Alex H & Knuckles,constant shouting urgh! As long as Ophelia is out of the building I'm happy šŸ˜‰

Alex H irritates the life out of me with her overtly American accent and raucous laugh. I wouldn't call her style "calm" - anything but.

The 'stylist' who I do find 'calm' is the well spoken one with the short pixie haircut - she's never anything but professional, and I'd be more than happy if she was a permanent presenter.

Alex H irritates the life out of me with her overtly American accent and raucous laugh. I wouldn't call her style "calm" - anything but.

The 'stylist' who I do find 'calm' is the well spoken one with the short pixie haircut - she's never anything but professional, and I'd be more than happy if she was a permanent presenter.
I think her name is Caroline

Can't be any worse than what I was called :rolleyes:, and looking back at the archive that 'new member' hasn't engaged since. BUT I did take note of who agreed with her name calling of me, and they are still regular contributors !!!! I don't forget - or forgive, you know who you are !
As no one can do anything to change their skin colour and why should they? I will call out racism anywhere I see it. I am glad my posts got some likes but above all my faith in humanity was restored by the direct messages of support I got from some members of this forum. There are good and decent people in this world and some of them are on here

Hello ! she's back again. I'm seriously past the age where I worry what I'm thought about, so I'll say what I think and if I'm cancelled, trolled, whatever then go ahead and do it. All comments won't be read by me on soshal meeja as I'm not on it ! As for the racism comment, its easy to play that card even where it doesn't exist. Par for the course these days.

Last edited:
Hello ! she's back again. I'm seriously past the age where I worry what I'm thought about, so I'll say what I think and if I'm cancelled, trolled, whatever then go ahead and do it. All comments won't be read by me on soshal meeja as I'm not on it ! As for the racism comment, its easy to play that card even where it doesn't exist. Par for the course these days.
Playing the racism card?! Ha! donā€™t make me laugh
Iā€™m not seeing things that are not there, the people who sent me messages of support clearly also saw bigotry and racismā€¦ Iā€™m not alone.
As for being cancelled I believe I was the one who was cancelled by the moderator who seemed to defend the despicable behaviour of others (very few) and you in particular.
You see brissles I have an extremely busy life so I hardly come on here but I will always find time to call out racism and prejudice. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to be a painā€¦
I am reminded of the poem by Martin Niemƶller ā€œFirst they came forā€¦ā€¦ and I did not speak outā€.

Playing the racist card?! Ha! donā€™t make me laugh
Iā€™m not seeing things that are not there, the people who sent me messages of support clearly also saw bigotry and racismā€¦ Iā€™m not alone.
As for being cancelled I believe I was the one who was cancelled by the moderator who seemed to defend the despicable behaviour of others (very few) and you in particular.
You see brissles I have an extremely busy life so I hardly come on here but I will always find time to call out racism and prejudice. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to be a painā€¦
I am reminded of the poem by Martin Niemƶller ā€œFirst they came forā€¦ā€¦ and I did not speak outā€.
If you were that busy, you wouldn't be watching over a small forum as is. Have you set alerts?
Why not go & enjoy some parties?

If you were that busy, you wouldn't be watching over a small forum as is. Have you set alerts?
Why not go & enjoy some parties?
Trouble is nowadays you are not allowed to make adverse comments without being accused of being racist or anti lbgt. If someone is not up to the job that's it regardless of whatever their ethnicity or whatever.

Trouble is nowadays you are not allowed to make adverse comments without being accused of being racist or anti lbgt. If someone is not up to the job that's it regardless of whatever their ethnicity or whatever.
Agree. Try tellingthat to Koj (are you watching?) - actually, don't bother.

Initially Koj accused some posters of seeing diversity and inclusion as a bad thing, and said that they didnā€™t like seeing it being sneered at, or laughed off as ā€œwokeryā€ - A fair, and valid point I think. As a contributor of one such comment (I used the words ā€œtick box systemā€) this did make me think. Iā€™ve concluded that anything negative Iā€™ve subsequently said regarding these new presenters stands to linked back to the colour of their skin. I can assure everybody reading this that anything I dislike about them has everything to do with their presenting style and nothing to do with their creed or colour. I cannot take back the comment I made, but I can most certainly see how it smacks of racism and anti inclusivity. Itā€™s easy to say ā€œIā€™m not racistā€ - Hand on heart , I do not dislike anybody on the basis of the colour of their skin , but I made a racist comment, so what now? I could say sorry for making that comment, but how can I be sure that others would simply believe Iā€™m just saying this for my own benefit? - I canā€™t
Koj, I understand your wish/need to call out racism where you see it (or believe you see it) but coming back with personal insults that include age, gender, and skin colour is as bad imo!
As for the private messages you received in support, itā€™s a pity that these people felt unable to offer their support publicly. This forum has had many differing points of view over the years, which have largely been discussed without resorting to personal attacks.

Last edited:
I would like to add this - why, when nothing remotely racist has been said prior to something negative spoken or written about a person of colour does it have to boil down to racist hatredā€? Itā€™s an easy/lazy accusation that equally deserves to be called out.
I understand how Koj might see comments such as ā€œmy best friend is blackā€ as a little bit ā€œcringeā€ - but a little bit cringe is favourable to being downright rude and nasty! The real cringe is the often heard saying ā€œIā€™m not being racistā€¦ but ā€œ - Sadly itā€™s become a defence mechanism because people are so afraid theyā€™ll be accused of racism when none is intended - and it always backfires!

In my many years of retailing I've stopped my share of people stealing from shops.

I've often heard 'you only stopped me cos I'm black' (no I stopped you because you have items you haven't paid for) no-one has ever said you only stopped me cos I'm white/gay/trans/etc

Before anyone accuses me of being biased against people of colour, I can assure you I'm not, I am biased against thieving gits whatever colour they happen to be but unfortunately there is a growing trend of people seeing racism where none exists.

Well, I think its the first time in living memory that I got "called out" for describing a place I visited as a toilet. (it was Casablanca - and it was).
I think if somebody described my hometown as a $hithole, I'd have something to say! I'd also defend my favourite holiday destination, or any other place that meant anything to me if I read, or heard anyone bad mouthing it. On paper, a place is an inanimate object, but in reality, it's someone's home, a place full of happy memories. Of course if you didn't like a place, fine nobody's suggesting that one should pretend otherwise - but a toilet?! Sorry, but don't be surprised if anyone takes umbridge! Love ya Brissles but I don't think that comment needed another airing. However, we can't all agree on everything!

Latest posts

Back