any review for Judith Williams skincare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm using the phytominerals range at the moment as I wanted to break my this year's increasingly expensive gatineau habit - like the look of them (purple bottles!) and think they are working ok, but skin not as smooth feeling as with gatineau, definitely. I'm in my forties and combination/ whingy is my skintype (!). Good luck with them though, it really does seem the case that you have to find things that suit your individual skin, and of course even that changes...

I can't believe I used to be a cleasing tissue from tesco girl in my previous decade. Whatever was I thinking! Still, you can go too far the other way and end up radiant but bankrupt....

Attica x

Hi Attica
Thanks for your review. One of the reasons I'm interested in the range is because of the value for money, as you say a skin care habit can become increasingly expensive.

So you are a whingy skin girl like ArtDeco and me :happy:, I thought it was interesting with the J Williams range that there isn't an exfoliator at the mo - I' sure she does one but its not available over here. The enzyme mask in the original try me got good reviews too. I'm using a simple exfoliator at the mo and its as good as any run of the mill one I've tried although I know there are probably far more sophsisticated ones about.

Well I'm quite excitied about my kit coming. Missed out on the fresh cells serum which sold out - I'd be interexsted in that. I saw the 9pm show last night and Judith Williams emphasised that serums are really her speciality so I guess you have a base range of skin care and can add to it. I get quite confused with all these products though sometimes - which one to get for which issue, If I'd tried to address all my skincare concerns I'd need to layer about 20 serums lol

LT
xx

i really like the JW phytomineral range. i have the tube with the serum which i bought first to try it out and loved it, bought the big tub and love it but the yellow balls at a total pain. they do not dissolve but i can live with it for the cream. it has made a difference to my skin. i also bought the eye cream which is great and much better than some of the really expensive makes i have bought.
i bought the pink range for my mother who is exceptionally difficult to please and she liked it. i personally think it smells lovely and i bought a trial kit for myself with the neck cream which is nice.
the serums leave my skin feeling great. the first time i used it i thought i was having an allergic reaction as my skin started to feel strange but i realised it was just sucking it up as quickly as possible lol

i really like the JW phytomineral range. i have the tube with the serum which i bought first to try it out and loved it, bought the big tub and love it but the yellow balls at a total pain. they do not dissolve but i can live with it for the cream. it has made a difference to my skin. i also bought the eye cream which is great and much better than some of the really expensive makes i have bought.
i bought the pink range for my mother who is exceptionally difficult to please and she liked it. i personally think it smells lovely and i bought a trial kit for myself with the neck cream which is nice.
the serums leave my skin feeling great. the first time i used it i thought i was having an allergic reaction as my skin started to feel strange but i realised it was just sucking it up as quickly as possible lol

Thanks so much bored now - looks like those balls in the cream need some vigorous massaging. Its great to hear about the results you've had. I've found creams sitting on my skin a bit recently so maybe this will be better. I like the idea of it absorbing so readily :)

Thanks for the review on the apple serum - very interesting, more hype then mmmm but the price of the superdrug one is very good and they are cruelty free too.

Well woo hoo my starter packs turned up, I got the one with the serum and the one with the eye cream.

Pheweeee not sure about the smell doesn't - smell like perfume as such so assume its the actives in the products as they all smell similar barring the eye cream.

I've got a horrible cold and chest infection at the mo so not looking my best and gone a bit spotty so this'll really test the range. If it makes me look human I'll be chuffed and I will report back. :sun::sun:

Last edited:
I popped into Superdrug today and it looks like it is already available only the shelf was empty!

Something else to consider is that the manufacturer of this ingredient recommends concentrations in products to be between 2-5%. JW has said her's is 2% and some of the expensive brands quote 5%. It would be interesting to know what Superdrug's concentration is for that price.

It's one thing that it contains this extract but how much are you actually getting? and what other ingredients are in the serum? Difficult to go by price alone.

Many brands quote active ingredients but you never know unless stated what percentage that product contains. You need to have enough to have an effect on the skin without irritation.
Sometimes a very low concentration takes a lot longer to see results and in some cases none at all. Always worth checking when buying expensive serums etc.

:flower:

Thanks sue54, Ms Trouble, debunker and Lady Tia for pointing me in the direction of the Optimum range from Superdrug. Had never heard of it until I read your posts. Just ordered the apple serum online. Will keep you posted when it arrives. x

re code for superdrug

Hi every body i have just ordered but got a 15% code from uk hot deals her it is Discount: 15%
Minimum Spend: £0.00
Promotional Code: BRINGONTHESUN

Promised to feed back

Hello
I promised to feed back on the range so here are my thoughts.

Cleanser (phytomineral)
Nice, quite runny and pretty effective at getting of makeup - it says not to use around the eyes but I did and it was fine. I don't like the smell though, too strong for me.

Toner (phytomineral)
Again nice but nothing special and no better than my waitrose gentle toner that costs a princely £1.90

Moisturiser (day night cream with red and yellow bits in it)
Very rich texture, does sink in well but agian, the smell just isn't for me and i just couldn't get used to it.

Eye cream (phytomineral)
I liked this, rich and creamy, no smell that I could notice and goods at moisturising the eye area

On the whole the range isn't for me sadly. I found that my skin became quite congested, sore and irritated after around a week and I started to get the dreaded breakout which to me is my skin's way of staying, GEROFFFFFFF, stop using that stuff.

I've ordered the Ark age maintain essentials so I'll report back on that :)

Hello
I promised to feed back on the range so here are my thoughts.

Cleanser (phytomineral)
Nice, quite runny and pretty effective at getting of makeup - it says not to use around the eyes but I did and it was fine. I don't like the smell though, too strong for me.

Toner (phytomineral)
Again nice but nothing special and no better than my waitrose gentle toner that costs a princely £1.90

Moisturiser (day night cream with red and yellow bits in it)
Very rich texture, does sink in well but agian, the smell just isn't for me and i just couldn't get used to it.

Eye cream (phytomineral)
I liked this, rich and creamy, no smell that I could notice and goods at moisturising the eye area

On the whole the range isn't for me sadly. I found that my skin became quite congested, sore and irritated after around a week and I started to get the dreaded breakout which to me is my skin's way of staying, GEROFFFFFFF, stop using that stuff.

I've ordered the Ark age maintain essentials so I'll report back on that :)

Sorry to hear it wasn't the 'wonder' range that all of us with whingy skin are on a mission to discover :giggle:. I'd say the eye cream is my fave from her stuff too, in fact just re-ordered it for my Mum who is a big fan too.

Can't remember if this has come up in this or another thread, but have you tried A'Kin? I took the plunge a month or so ago and it is fab. So far I've just slotted the Rose and Geranium Cleanser and Rosehip Oil into my routine as I have other stuff ongoing. My skin has been getting drier as I head for the dreaded 35 but has been considerably less irritated and sensitive, and I'm convinced it's the Rosehip Oil in particular that's helping. For me at least A'Kin has lived up to the hype and it's not often you can say that. Might be worth a try? More wanton spending suggestions from moi. ArtDeco exists stage left :mysmilie_845:

BTW, for fans of Judith W, she's on today at 10am, 4pm and 10pm. Might pop up in The Morning Show too I think :nod:

BTW, for fans of Judith W, she's on today at 10am, 4pm and 10pm. Might pop up in The Morning Show too I think :nod:

4pm is with our new literal actual beauty expert Charlie Brook. Expect hardline questioning and in depth explanations of the products...

:nod::wink:

Sorry to hear it wasn't the 'wonder' range that all of us with whingy skin are on a mission to discover :giggle:. I'd say the eye cream is my fave from her stuff too, in fact just re-ordered it for my Mum who is a big fan too.

Can't remember if this has come up in this or another thread, but have you tried A'Kin? I took the plunge a month or so ago and it is fab. So far I've just slotted the Rose and Geranium Cleanser and Rosehip Oil into my routine as I have other stuff ongoing. My skin has been getting drier as I head for the dreaded 35 but has been considerably less irritated and sensitive, and I'm convinced it's the Rosehip Oil in particular that's helping. For me at least A'Kin has lived up to the hype and it's not often you can say that. Might be worth a try? More wanton spending suggestions from moi. ArtDeco exists stage left :mysmilie_845:

Hello :wave: my whingy skin doesn't like akin either, it makes my eyes sore and my face red. TBH I think I've got a problem with rose and rosehip. I really wanted to love akin and have tried it on three seperate occasions with no joy. Its so reasonably priced too. I'm glad your skin is liking it. Dreaded 35, I'm ahead of you there 36 and a half :) and feeling it and another 20 years on top lol

OH said yesterday - you can't use ANYTHING!!!! you need to see a dermatologist. TBH I did via a GP referral years ago when I had bad acne but I don't see the point really, I know my skin is horribly reactive and I still have spot issues, rosacea etc but I also know that if I do by some miracle find something I can use my skin behaves itsself and looks A-OK.

You might ask if I've found these things why don't i stick with them, well for the life of me I can't think of anything I can use for more than a few weeks max and its been a while since I've found something great.

Like I say its ARK for me next and I live in hope x

i just bought the phytomineral body butter and the neck cream. the body butter is great because it does actually work for 24 hours (even after a shower) and the pot is enormous. the neck cream feels great and not at all clammy. the smell is stronger on the pink stuff but not unpleasant. this is def. one of my fav. ranges.

Hello :wave: my whingy skin doesn't like akin either, it makes my eyes sore and my face red. TBH I think I've got a problem with rose and rosehip. I really wanted to love akin and have tried it on three seperate occasions with no joy. Its so reasonably priced too. I'm glad your skin is liking it. Dreaded 35, I'm ahead of you there 36 and a half :) and feeling it and another 20 years on top lol

OH said yesterday - you can't use ANYTHING!!!! you need to see a dermatologist. TBH I did via a GP referral years ago when I had bad acne but I don't see the point really, I know my skin is horribly reactive and I still have spot issues, rosacea etc but I also know that if I do by some miracle find something I can use my skin behaves itsself and looks A-OK.

You might ask if I've found these things why don't i stick with them, well for the life of me I can't think of anything I can use for more than a few weeks max and its been a while since I've found something great.

Like I say its ARK for me next and I live in hope x

I'm sorry A'Kin didn't work for you. Think I'm over-recommending it at the moment actually - red/sensitive skin? Try A'Kin. Oily skin? A'Kin might be one for you to consider. Foot fallen off? I'd say try A'Kin...

Good luck on your hunt for the right range. You really do seem to have a very difficult time with this. You know whenever a new skincare line comes to QVC the representative always introduces it by saying they'd tried every brand in the world and nothing worked, so in the end they developed their own range. Could this be the year for a career change for Lady Tia? :wink: I'd buy from you! :nod:

I'm sorry A'Kin didn't work for you. Think I'm over-recommending it at the moment actually - red/sensitive skin? Try A'Kin. Oily skin? A'Kin might be one for you to consider. Foot fallen off? I'd say try A'Kin...

Good luck on your hunt for the right range. You really do seem to have a very difficult time with this. You know whenever a new skincare line comes to QVC the representative always introduces it by saying they'd tried every brand in the world and nothing worked, so in the end they developed their own range. Could this be the year for a career change for Lady Tia? :wink: I'd buy from you! :nod:

lol well you recommend things that work for you don't you its great to be so enthusiatic about a range given so many are disappointing. Mmmmm maybe it'd work for the leaky tap in my kitchen :grin:

I know they do and I tihnk yeah yeah yeah but then again I'm sure there is truth in it. Do you know i have often thought about this whole cosmetic industry malarkey and I'm sure its far more complex than it seems but if I'm thinking aobut a new career path then beauty/skincare would be the way to go and thank you i have my first customer :) I'd give you a life time discount for being so lovely :sun:

Thanks sue54, Ms Trouble, debunker and Lady Tia for pointing me in the direction of the Optimum range from Superdrug. Had never heard of it until I read your posts. Just ordered the apple serum online. Will keep you posted when it arrives. x

with thanks to minnietheminx for directing me to this thread, couldn't find out where the Apple Serum was being talked about - how are you finding it Scouser? I got the last bottle from Nottm Superdrug yesterday and was hoping for favourable feedback!

Latest posts

Back