Anybody going for this

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Around £30 mmmm well I must get half a dozen for my grandchildren to give teacher for Christmas, the refuse collector, window cleaner, postman and I’m sure there’s someone I’ve forgotten so one to spare.

Bakker & Co are doing waxed amaryllis with various bottom halves - all under £15. Hayloft do reasonable plants but they are expensive. I would not buy this, too much money and I'm not that keen on the plant anyway. Beware of rip off prices/postage from QVC this Christmas.

CC

I just think its RIP Roaringly expensive. someone buying this or QVC would not be selling

It looks a nice plant* in the pic but someone gave me an amaryllis last year and it just grew and grew! I had to have it on the floor against the stairs so it didn't topple over in the end.

* Not that I am suggesting at all it is something I would buy!

I've never been keen on Amaryllis - they look a bit space-alien-y when they grow too large. I dislike poinsettias too, but that's because the QVC presenters, my outlaws and many others insist on mis-pronouncing the word. Kathy Tayler said "pont-si-ettas"...how hard can it be ffs? Oh and the red things aren't petals either! GRRRR!

Hayloft are also selling a set of 2 hyacinth plants in baskets for £29.99 as plant of the month. You can buy hyacinth bulbs for pence really and much nicer containers are available. £29.99 is a ridiculous price for something so readily available.

CC

Latest posts

Back