anyone any idea for the birkenstock tsv 19/04

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree Birdie! Multicoloured swirls do not negate the frump quotient! I've decided I only really like the Gizeh style ....simple, comfy and hardly a strap in sight. I wish they would do a tsv, my silver gizehs are worn to death!

I only like the Gizeh style too. I have two pairs that are two and three years old respectively and would definately buy a pair if the price was right. I forced my husband to buy a pair a couple of years ago and his are dropping to bits now. SO, it they were Gizehs in a selection of colours (including a man friendly colour) I would buy us a pair each.

i've decided i've gone off Birkis....the footbeds stain so quickly and they look old and dirty and i'm embarrassed to slip them off. Lunch anyone? :)

Yes they do and that's why I don't keep mine for years and years like the presenters say they do. The that touches the ground is fine but the inside gets pretty manky really quickly. :sad: I clean them with antibacterial stuff but even so, there's only so many times you can do that! I'd love a gizeh TSV though - something pretty. :rock:

Totally agree Birdie! Multicoloured swirls do not negate the frump quotient! I've decided I only really like the Gizeh style ....simple, comfy and hardly a strap in sight. I wish they would do a tsv, my silver gizehs are worn to death!

See, it's funny how we're all different. I have size 8s and my feet look enormous in the Gizas while the others are more flattering. I like the Floridas because I wear them everywhere during the warmer weather and the three straps are more practical for walking - I've even climbed over castle ruins in them! But I like the single straps too and I'm concerned that these TSVs, with their delicate but widely-spaced straps will make my feet look like oil tankers!

I must be a birkenstock floozy.. i love almost all the styles and according to my husband i have them all (judging by the 35 pairs under our bed). I wear them all year round when not at work. Quite like this style but i think i may be divorced if i buy anymore. My current favourites are my turquoise Piazza's and my black and pink marias.

I used to think the gizeh makes my size 6 feet look really long - so I went for the sparta,as I think its essentially the gizeh but with a double strap,that breaks up the foot a bit.I loved them so much,I progressed to the gizeh.

Feel as though I am the only person in UK that can't wear Birkenstocks, just can't get the fit--- have tried a few styles including the last TSV which I had to return.Have given up ordering footwear on web/telly as I need to try on in a shop.Are the toe posts comfortable? I ordered a pair of Fitflops from John Lewis but couldn't put up with the toe post, they went back too.

I would say if you're not comfy with toeposts - don't go for a birkenstock toepost.

I get on well with birkenstocks and other toeposts in general - but found my birkenstocks toeposts needed a period of adjustment and settling in.

Have you tried florida or arizona - I think they are the most comfy (possibly arizona more so)

They have a blue tiny flower arizona pair I'm eyeing up on the qvc website:angel:

Feel as though I am the only person in UK that can't wear Birkenstocks, just can't get the fit--- have tried a few styles including the last TSV which I had to return.Have given up ordering footwear on web/telly as I need to try on in a shop.Are the toe posts comfortable? I ordered a pair of Fitflops from John Lewis but couldn't put up with the toe post, they went back too.

Have to say I love Birkis. I didn't buy the toepost ones because on the whole, this style hurts my foot, but decided to give them one more try a few weeks ago and "break them in" (which is something I NEVER have to do usually. Decided to make use of the 30 day mbg and - hey presto - it's worked and i'm now the proud owner of 2 pairs of Gizehs and love them. I've had to wear them for just a couple of hours a day though, to get used to them, but am so glad i did. Where else could I wear sandals for a month and then send them back if I had to?

Pauline xx

I've never had a problem with Birkenstock toe posts. The Gizeh is my favourite style, followed by Arizona. I can't wear single strap styles.
I quite like the style of the TSV.

i got a pair of the anny style on saturday, they have this new soft base thing, i have to say they are a bit more cushioned than normal, less uncomfortable when you first get them so anyone whos struggled with them maybe the newer ones are worth a try

Just wanted to post a link I found about cleaning corkbed sandles...

http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2009/04/16/how-to-clean-cork-sandals/

I should say I haven't tried this myself but have every intention of trying it on my Birks. My feet sweat a lot and the footbeds of some of my birks are now completely black which, let's face it, is totally gross. I used a waterproofing spray on one pair I got before I wore them and this seems to have helped somewhat but I'd love to clean my older ones.

I also found info on using baking soda, will try and find it again and post it.

Tx

I should say I haven't tried this myself but have every intention of trying it on my Birks. My feet sweat a lot and the footbeds of some of my birks are now completely black which, let's face it, is totally gross. I used a waterproofing spray on one pair I got before I wore them and this seems to have helped somewhat but I'd love to clean my older ones.

Tx
I have heard Nicky say use Washing up liquid!

Tx

But the sandals shown in your link are not cork 'footbed' sandals, they are ordinary (tho very expensive!) sandals with cork trim on the insoles.
Birkenstocks are cork footbeds covered with suede leather, so I would have thought a suede cleaner would be of more use?

Maybe so, I've ordered some anyway and will try it on my oldest pair of Birks which are knackered :hi: I'll keep you updated!

The tsv hasn't tempted me at all, I was hoping it would sell out so we could have a oto but it looks like this one will last the day!

i got a pair of the anny style on saturday, they have this new soft base thing, i have to say they are a bit more cushioned than normal, less uncomfortable when you first get them so anyone whos struggled with them maybe the newer ones are worth a try

I dont generally get on with birkenstock but really fell for the pink Annys last night so ordered them as they have no buckles which usually blisters my feet! Are they suitable for narrow feet - worried as there is no adjustment!?

Latest posts

Back