Anyone tried this ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the start of my serious illness, I couldnt get through to the surgery. I had to resort to taking a camping chair and hot water bottle (for my tummy) and sit outside the surgery at 6.45 am to be ahead of the queue for the surgery opening at 8 am. Yes I got an appointment that day, and in the 4 months since, is the only time I've seen the GP. I've been under the care of the hospital and various consultants since.

I'm 75 and I find it seriously scary that we are unable to get care of any description. We are having more and more ****** housing estates built around my village and still only have the one surgery, where there are 2 GPs and a variety of part time locums.
That’s shocking. There’s lots of house building in our area which I think is putting more demand on resources. However when I had a sore ear I managed to get an appointment the same day with a nurse practitioner.

Ours have quietly done the same. I found out by accident a few weeks ago.

I still can't get through until all the appointments are gone :mad:
😡
Considering there was a nurse, phlebotomist,and four doctors in we were the only two in the surgery.🤷

At the start of my serious illness, I couldnt get through to the surgery. I had to resort to taking a camping chair and hot water bottle (for my tummy) and sit outside the surgery at 6.45 am to be ahead of the queue for the surgery opening at 8 am. Yes I got an appointment that day, and in the 4 months since, is the only time I've seen the GP. I've been under the care of the hospital and various consultants since.

I'm 75 and I find it seriously scary that we are unable to get care of any description. We are having more and more ****** housing estates built around my village and still only have the one surgery, where there are 2 GPs and a variety of part time locums.
😡

Our surgery will only accept phone calls for appointments. There is a notice on the door saying you must ring for an appointment.

Same here. Every f*cker is coming to the Cotswolds. Green & pleasant trashed to house them

its madness Brissels. They are building thousands of flat's where I live as well. The shopping centre we have a very small one I must add is being knocked down to make you guessed it more tower blocks. Something is just not right.

Unfortunately there are not enough GPS. The government limits the number of doctors training, some go to practise abroad, some took early retirement . The government says there are more doctors but this does not mean there are enough. We need housing but we need the supporting infrastructure. Johnson promised 40 new hospitals which has not materialised. I remember the GP coming to my house when my daughter was poorly with a throat infection in 1998. I can’t imagine this happening again.

I think some products on QVC are there to create a market to make people think ”oh I should be using that”. My mum had beautiful skin on soap and water and Olay. She had a flannel, she had never heard of toner or exfoliating.

I think some products on QVC are there to create a market to make people think ”oh I should be using that”. My mum had beautiful skin on soap and water and Olay. She had a flannel, she had never heard of toner or exfoliating.
I’ve always felt that double cleansing they promote is just a way of getting us to buy twice the amount of produc.

its madness Brissels. They are building thousands of flat's where I live as well. The shopping centre we have a very small one I must add is being knocked down to make you guessed it more tower blocks. Something is just not right.
I think it's the same everywhere our town centre is being turned into flats. A huge new estate is being built on the old Orgreave Chemical works site no new schools or gp's are being considered.
Hubby used to work at both the Handsworth and Orgreave collieries when doing his engineering apprenticeship and says the place is riddled with old mine what's. He said he would never live on a site like that.
No gps or schools but an area set aside for a park has now got a huge hotel being built on it!!! I assume this is due to Rolls Royce,McLaren,Boeing and all the Advanced Manufacturing sites tied in with Sheffield University.

Same here. Rural area that has exploded with new houses. New houses the size of matchboxes, hardly any garden, no parking (despite our council requiring a parking space for every bedroom when my friend built her own house). Worst of all they're being built by the national building company starting with P who are managing to get away with the bare minimum of any climate-helping measures (no solar panels, gas boilers instead of heat pumps, no grey water storage, etc.).

They're building on an area known for natural beauty on the edge of a National Park. Our council 'needs' more housing despite an estate built in the early 80s being half boarded up as it's known to be a large anti-social area that even people who have been on the council housing waitlist for years turn down.

We're in the same position as everyone here seems to be with the GP. One surgery and too many elderly patients. A bus service every two hours (but roads being narrowed and traffic calming measures in place as we're all supposed to cycle or use public transport - nearest train station is a 20 minute drive away).

Unless you work in the local village (one pub, no Post Office as of last year, no bank as of last year, four cafes that mainly cater to single mums from the estate or elderly people, three pharmacies that supply one of the unhealthiest populations in the UK), the nearest town for work is a 20 minute drive away and the jobs there are few and far between. Most people commute an our each way by car as there are no public transport services.

I think all our councils need booting out and replacing with trustworthy people. We found out a few weeks ago that the guy in charge of planning's son bought the land the housing will be built on for less than a third of the price of one of the cheapest houses going up and sold the lot to P for a pretty profit.

Very, very depressing.

Our village has no pub or post office. Planning permission for 2000 houses half a mile away. Nearest train ten miles away, limited us services.Everyone has to drive. We need homes but they are forgetting the infrastructure.

I live bordering central London so its very very high density. I use the buses a lot. Driving through London I can see the new tower blocks practically everywhere. I would say there are tens of thousands of new flats overall. Who on earth are they putting in them and why do they need more flats on this level? Something weird is going on.

Latest posts

Back