Are their product is as good as they say ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
It amuses me to see some presenters telling us how good their products are and how their product will prevent wrinkles , get wrinkles less visible and make you look younger.
So why do their foreheads look so smooth and shiny ?
Why don't their facial muscles move:unsure:
Why don't they have laughter lines or even a trace of a teeny tiny frown?
The face that comes to my mind straight away is Judith Williams.
Her face was not that tight and shiny when she first came to QVC.
She hasn't got a single wrinkle.
If it is due to the products I will be buying a bathtub full😏
I have bought her products especially her moisturiser which was good but it did not get rid of my no 11s:cry:
Having said all that, we do need a good moisturiser to prevent the oxidative stress caused by the sun exposure (ultra-violet rays) and air pollution. In winter we have the cold outside and heating from inside, playing havoc with our exposed skin, mainly our face.
We also face the harsh lashing cold wind and the dirt it brings.
We all need a good cleanser if we use make up, to remove the make up and also to clean the pollutants from the outside. We need them to clean out the grit from blocking our pores (y)
I like Elemis' moisturiser and Oil of Olay's original moisturising fluid and Aldi's moisturiser too they are all good:D .
I like Liz Earle's cleanser ( hot cloth)
If I see a person (usually a female with a tight and shiny face with not a single frown mark) I don't listen to them:giggle:

Botox is considered normal now. Women in everyday life now get it, there is even a lighter version and the forehead can even move a little. Fillers are also common with women and men from all walks of life. Lip fillers, all you see on 20 something's on reality shows is this.
Oh I don’t dispute any of that.
Problem is, you can’t get a neck or hand lift so the giveaway signs are still there.

It amuses me to see some presenters telling us how good their products are and how their product will prevent wrinkles , get wrinkles less visible and make you look younger.
So why do their foreheads look so smooth and shiny ?
Why don't their facial muscles move:unsure:
Why don't they have laughter lines or even a trace of a teeny tiny frown?
The face that comes to my mind straight away is Judith Williams.
Her face was not that tight and shiny when she first came to QVC.
She hasn't got a single wrinkle.
If it is due to the products I will be buying a bathtub full😏
I have bought her products especially her moisturiser which was good but it did not get rid of my no 11s:cry:
Having said all that, we do need a good moisturiser to prevent the oxidative stress caused by the sun exposure (ultra-violet rays) and air pollution. In winter we have the cold outside and heating from inside, playing havoc with our exposed skin, mainly our face.
We also face the harsh lashing cold wind and the dirt it brings.
We all need a good cleanser if we use make up, to remove the make up and also to clean the pollutants from the outside. We need them to clean out the grit from blocking our pores (y)
I like Elemis' moisturiser and Oil of Olay's original moisturising fluid and Aldi's moisturiser too they are all good:D .
I like Liz Earle's cleanser ( hot cloth)
If I see a person (usually a female with a tight and shiny face with not a single frown mark) I don't listen to them:giggle:
It absolutely infuriates me when I see these people spouting all the lies about their product. They treat women as if we are all so gullible and it’s insulting. Some of the claims they make are ludicrous and I don’t think they realise how ridiculous they look. I’d rather have my wrinkles than a face like Judith Williams for example.

I would rather a well done facelift than in your face fillers. Pun intended.
Oh dear lol!!!
Seriously I don't believe that any cream, serum or whatever they call it is capable of stopping or slowing down the signs of aging. I believe in the moisturising properties of skincare but that's about it. I think there are tricks with make up one can do up to a point to give a more youthful appearance, and that products such as "eyesential"(superglue) can give you that look for a few hours - Other than that if you're not genetically blessed then cosmetic procedures are the only thing that are gonna make a discernible difference.
It used to make me laugh when Joan Rivers (the queen of the facelift) brought out an anti aging skincare range, then there's Lulu, Victoria Principal but the biggest laugh is the Skinn bloke who looks 60+ but looks about 30 - Come on?!!! Hey, maybe he is 30 but is telling us he's 60 - now that would be a trick!!!
Skincare is a great idea, and I understand paying for quality ingredients, I half understand paying for attractive packaging but I don't buy into all these weird and wonderful "scientific formulas" - Cut to the celeb wearing a white coat and goggles, test tube aloft trying to look serious whilst the guiding hand of a bespectacled white coated boffin hovers over her shoulder - yeah right ho!!

One of the tv programmes I watched recently (sorry, can't remember the name) said that the good old-fashioned brands our grandmothers used like Vaseline containing petroleum jelly have all the ingredients a good skin product needs. I used to love Decleor back in the day.

The very small print on TV ads for hair care, skin care, which states compared if not used. So, in other words, using nothing. No conditioning, volume etc hair care and no moisturizers etc.

I remember way back I went to an Avon event, a friend was selling Avon at the time. The woman speaker and always remember this said just look at a woman from India in a village she uses no skin care and looks 70 when she is only perhaps 30 or 40. Really made me think even simple cleanse moisturizer will help so much as will SPF. But as said my Merryone, no cream etc will stop you getting wrinkles and ageing. I will add sagging.

A lot of skin looking younger is genes ..
and certain life styles can affect as we know … I use Nivea to wash face and that’s it .. and sometimes moisture face if it’s feeling taught .. I use Uktra sun face in summer anyway and sometimes winter if sun out loads before the short day ends

A lot of skin looking younger is genes ..
and certain life styles can affect as we know … I use Nivea to wash face and that’s it .. and sometimes moisture face if it’s feeling taught .. I use Uktra sun face in summer anyway and sometimes winter if sun out loads before the short day ends
i agree that genes play the biggest part looking younger than your years, as well as being aware of the damage the sun can do. I have never sunbathed because I go red, being fair skinned, and wear Ultrasun all year round unless I’m not going out. I also drink loads of water and try to eat a healthy diet. I don’t drink because I don’t like the taste of alcohol.

Something must be working because people think I’m in my early fifties and I am definitely not but, as mum didn’t look her age, I’m sure it’s down to my genes rather than other things. (But I’m certainly not complaining,)

i agree that genes play the biggest part looking younger than your years, as well as being aware of the damage the sun can do. I have never sunbathed because I go red, being fair skinned, and wear Ultrasun all year round unless I’m not going out. I also drink loads of water and try to eat a healthy diet. I don’t drink because I don’t like the taste of alcohol.

Something must be working because people think I’m in my early fifties and I am definitely not but, as mum didn’t look her age, I’m sure it’s down to my genes rather than other things. (But I’m certainly not complaining,)
Great Toril .. yes I’ve had a few say that to me .. I’m 60 next week .. I think I’m lucky with genes but I don’t drink alcohol and water is my main drink with tea .. no smoking etc and lots of fresh air when I can most days .. my down fall is sugar though 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

Menopause does a number on everyone. I don't have wrinkles, but menopausal mayhem brought hollowing under the eyes, no dark circles, just displacement of the fat pads from undereyes to the bleedin' jawline. Skincare can't do a thing about that, if it could it would have to be tested and classified as a drug. Frankly, apart from moisturising, skincare, no matter the price point, cannot alter the effects of hormonal loss. I get so pissed off at the nonsense spouted by the people representing these snake oil manufacturers. Put it this way, cosmetic surgeons aren't going out of business any time soon. And that's a fact you can moisturise till the cows come home...

Latest posts

Back