Babyliss TSV 10/02/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder if this will be another wonder product for model Kathy, who normally can’t do her own hair but since she’s been able to have ago with this item she’s able to do her own hair. Only she was doing her own her with the last gadget you were flogging and the previous older model that this was an update of.

🤔😉😂

Wonder if this will be another wonder product for model Kathy, who normally can’t do her own hair but since she’s been able to have ago with this item she’s able to do her own hair. Only she was doing her own her with the last gadget you were flogging and the previous older model that this was an update of.

🤔😉😂
Or they may wheel out Tiffany, if it will give more volume... she's probably recovered from the Hairfix shows by now 😋

I have a Babyliss travel hair dryer that must be 20 years old and the flex is a wee bit on its last legs. If it's a hair dryer I may well be in. If it's a faffy dryer brush/tongs/wavy davie faffy thing I'm out. Just give us stuff that dries our hair for FS and stop all the other nonsense. Yep, I've been in the pub tonight :coffee: That was a lie (the coffee) 🍷🍷🍷

CC

Attachments

• Babyliss TSV 1.jpg
    Babyliss TSV 1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Babyliss TSV 2.jpg
    Babyliss TSV 2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Babyliss TSV 3.jpg
    Babyliss TSV 3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Babyliss TSV 4.jpg
    Babyliss TSV 4.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 126
I hope it's what you want Akimbo. I'd prefer a little hair dryer that isn't too heavy and costs under £40. I've actually got a Babyliss one that I've had for years but it is nearing the end of its useful life and could do with replacing. These brush thingies end up tangled in my hair and I don't have the patience to use them properly.

CC

I love my Babyliss Big Hair. Not sure how many I have now had, as the first ones I bought did not last long. The one I have now has lasted around 3 years maybe, and seeing the early ones I bought some only lasted 6 months, I am quite happy with this one at the moment. Although I have probably just hexed it.

I’ve a Big Hair the one with the two barrel sizes from ages ago. It’s on the top shelf high up in our wardrobes, got hubby to declutter it up there when my hair was shorter, could blow dry easier and couldn’t be doing with the faff. Maybe need to get it down to try sometime.

I bl00dy LOVE my Babyliss Big Hair Petite!!!!!
Still going strong on my first purchase. Hands-down the best hair device I have ever owned. I only wash my hair once a week, and only use this to dry and style my hair, which is now a lot longer than it was when I bought it.
I haven't used a hairdryer since I bought this.
It took a little getting used to, initially; but now I get great results with minimal time 👍👍👍

I got my last one care of a post by Dollydimple in the Drop in 2018 (it's the bargain scouts on here that keep me checking in!). So 3 years seems to be the turn-around for me with the Big Hair.
I started off 20 years ago with a "Salon Styler" (or similar name): a rotating brush to use with a hair dryer...Now that was a juggling act! After mastering that the Big Hair was relatively easy; you have to keep tension on the hair your using it on, like hairdressers do when they're blow-drying, if it gets close to the rest of your hair near the scalp it can grab and tangle it. As with all things repetition helps - a bit like driving and changing gear without thinking - I can switch direction from one side of my head to the other without thinking which direction switch I need.

My daughter was always more gung-ho with hair apparatus: there isn't a gadget, heated roller or hot brush that I haven't had to cut out of her hair over the years - but she started early with a wind-up hamster toy I had to surgically remove from her fringe when she was little. When I took he to the salon to get her fringed "straightened up" the whole place fell into fits of laughter when they saw her! (Remember when Lola Rose Nicki had a v short fringe? It was like that - less than a centimetre at one side!)

Before the Big Hair came out I bought a Rowenta brush from a German seller on Amazon and that is still going strong, partly because it's gentler than the Babyliss; I take it on holiday because it's got a European plug and being gentler it works better where hair dries more quickly in the warmth abroad. (remember that?...holidays abroad!)

Crikey who knew I could write an essay on hair appliances!

One last thing, DD bought the Lidl version a few years back for around £17 (in rose gold with Christina Aguilera branding) but it was very aggressive...heat too high and rotated too fast for my fine hair. It's in the appliance graveyard (blanket box in the spare bedroom) in case all other options are mysteriously simultaneously unavailable!

The rrp for the "petite" is around £50. Definitely one to buy from QVC if you've never tried one before, so you can practise for 2 months and return if you don't get on with it.

Is this the rotating brush head one ? because those bristles in the picture look stiffer than my version. I have currently 2 - one in case the other packs up. I've also been online to Babyliss website and bought new brush heads. Wouldn't be without mine.

I have the Big Hair but it’s begun to be very temperamental over whether it’s in the mood to twirl or wants the day off with its feet up. I much, much prefer the Revlon One Step that I have. Doesn’t rotate but dries so much faster & very easy to get the same effect as the Big Hair. Love it so much that I bought a spare when it was on offer at Boots.

Babyliss Big Hair Petite Hot Air Styler
Item Number: 728648
QVC Price £45.00
Todays Special Value Price £31.98
P&P £3.95

Whether you've got a bob, a lob or a pixie cut, Babyliss have you covered with the Big Hair Petite Hot Air Styler. It's perfect if your hair is shorter than jaw length and combines a ceramic barrel for consistent high heat and ionic technology to help smooth the look of your locks. The result? An enviably full, frizz-free and sleek look that lasts - with all the shine you'd expect from a salon appointment.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Big Hair Petite Hot Air Styler directly from Babyliss you'd pay £50. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £31.98, plus P&P, you're saving £14.07.

Boost your roots - if your hair looks more drab than fab the day after you wash it, this brush could be your new best friend. Its multi-directional rotating barrel heats up and works to instantly add the look of long-lasting volume to your hair, smoothing and lifting it at the roots for a style that looks fresh out of the salon.

Total control - this versatile styler can be used to smooth, direct, lift and add shine with volume and shape to all hair textures and lengths. The super ionic conditioners deliver exceptional frizz control for flawless results, and advanced ceramics give ultra-fast heat up and consistent high heat during use.

It’s all about ionic - aspects of modern living like air conditioning, contact with man-made fibres and air pollution can contribute towards a build-up of static electricity in your hair, causing the surface of the cuticle to become rough, creating a dull appearance. This brush is designed to help smooth the cuticle, resulting in hair that's shiny and flyaway-free.

• Multi-directional brush
  • 32mm rotating ceramic barrel
  • Two heat settings and one cool setting
  • Two rotation speeds
  • Convenient swivel cord
  • Mixture of soft, natural boar and nylon bristles
  • Comes with protective bristle covers
  • 2 year warrantee included
  • Power: 700W
  • Brush (l x w): 33cm x 6.5cm (13" x 2.6")
  • Cord length: 2.5m (8.2ft)
What's in the box?

• 1 x Big Hair Petite Hot Air Styler
  • 1 x information booklet
How to use:

• Ensure your hair is 80% dry and combed through to remove any tangles. Divide the hair into sections
  • To turn the appliance on, slide the switch to the heat setting suitable for the hair type
  • Place the brush underneath the hair section close to the scalp and hold for a few seconds to boost volume at the roots
  • Use the brush to lift the hair at the roots as you dry
  • Move the appliance down through the hair and start to rotate the brush away from your head by pressing and holding the appropriate rotation button
  • As you do this, resist the rotation of the brush by pulling the brush downwards. This will create tension through the section of hair
  • It may take several attempts to perfect this technique - if the brush spins too quickly, simply release the rotation button and remove from the hair
  • As you reach the ends of the hair section, continue rotating the brush to roll the ends under
  • For even more volume, place the brush at the end of the hair section and allow the brush to rotate along the hair section by pressing and holding the appropriate rotate button
  • Wind the entire section of hair around the barrel until you reach the root. Release the rotate button and then hold the brush in the hair for a few seconds. Repeat as necessary
  • After use, switch off and unplug the appliance. Allow to cool before storing away
  • Place protective shield over brush head to protect the bristles

Just gone live, I'm getting one for my birthday next week from the kids, happy days! I hate them asking what to get me for Mothers day, Xmas, Birthdays so this is just at the right time £32 plus postage seems a good deal. They don't need to ask me, they always find beautiful things for me and I trust their taste.

Maybe it's a generational thing? Anyone else feel weird giving a present list or just me?

This is the only hair gadget I have repurchased! I'm on my third and it's probably due a replacement. Will wait and judge the size of the brush but this could be a well-timed TSV for me. Great heads-up as always SCW! Thank you.
Buns!

I had the original Big Hair Air Styler but it stopped working a long time ago and I now have much shorter hair so I was so glad to see this so ordered mine last night and it has been despatched.
I found my original so quick and easy to use and was the best gadget ever to do my unruly fringe.
I wash my hair every morning but found it so useful to give my hair a touch up for going out in the evening.

Latest posts

Back