Bare Escentuals Foundation - made my skin sting in the sun...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missymissfabulous

Registered Shopper
Hi guys'n'dolls ...

Can I ask on a show of hands ...

I quite happily use BE foundation (swiched from Chanel) for a while now, and have had no problems...

Until the other day, we had a glorious sunny day, I was out and about obviously with my BE on, and my face starting stinging in random areas ... a bit like when you have shaved under your arms and spray deodorant straight on .. I mean really pin prick stinging ....:eek:

Dread to think how you would feel if you thought you could do a bit of sunbathing in it with it being spf15... !!

This has happened twice to me now .. so I know that its definately the BE & sun together

Does anyone know whats causing this?
Has anyone else had this reaction...???

Myself and my OH may be moving to Cyprus with his job, what the hell am I going to wear there if this is the problem I'm going to have with BE in the Sun !!!!!!

By the way I don't have sensitive skin or any allergy problems....

Any help or advice ???

Missy F

Yes, it's the bismuth oxychloride that does it. I'm also fine in BE, until I get warm and then it makes my skin prickle and itch.

I've now switched to Lily Lolo (www.lilylolo.co.uk) which not only doesn't contain the bismuth, is less expensive and has a much wider range of shades. Their deliver is very fast too (no I don't work for them!!)

:hi: Thanks for the link Birdie.

I love BE, first make-up not to cause me problems, especially the eyes. Not experienced any reaction to bismuth but I like the prices at Lililolo! - so will give them a go

you could also take a look at ELF Cosmetics...I bought their starter kit and pleased with it - contains foundation, concealer, blush, and two brushes, complete in case for £15 - check out their site - nice range at competitive prices - and no I don't work for them either!

Hi all ...

Thank you sooo much for your replies, and great links ... :clapping:

The stinging is a horrible feeling .. I have a supply of medium beige and med tan left .. so will take the tip and pop on some veil before hand .. although in the cool weather I should be ok.

Could I ask what shades in Lily Lolo do you think would replace the BE ones I use(med beige & med tan) ?

Thanks guys ...
Missy F

Hi all ...

The stinging is a horrible feeling .. I have a supply of medium beige and med tan left .. so will take the tip and pop on some veil before hand .. although in the cool weather I should be ok.

Could I ask what shades in Lily Lolo do you think would replace the BE ones I use(med beige & med tan) ?

Thanks guys ...
Missy F

Not sure exactly what Lily Lolo shades would suit...but the website is very helpful, as it has a shade selector, which divides the shades into light, medium, dark etc (there are a lot of different shades in each). However, you can buy samples (think they are £1.25 each) that give more than enough for a few days usage to allow you to try a few shades out to find out what suits you before committing to the full size.

http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/category/foundation#_

I used to use Light in BE and I now use In the Buff in Lily Lolo. Having said that, I ordered four sample sizes and to be honest, three of the four would have been absolutely fine.

Hi all ...

Thanks guys ...
Missy F

I had the same problem as you with BE - my skin stang like a stingy thing when I used it...:confused:

There is also a company called Elemental Beauty that does mineral foundations too, I hover between Lily Lolo and EB and love them both equally. EB works out slightly cheaper.

http://www.elementalbeauty.co.uk/

You can get samples from them as with LL, the lady that runs EB will also custom blend the correct foundation shade for you should you need it.

I developed an allergy to the BE foundation and after trying most everything out there on the market, I've settled with Lily Lilo. The foundation gives great coverage and whereas I used to buy the BE Bisque to cover freckles etc., I can now use the LL foundation (with the foundation brush) to cover any blemishes.

I can't help with the colour shade I'm afraid as I was using the BE Fair and I now use Candy Cane (LL). I bought a few samples first and like Birdie several would have worked ok for me.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the level of SPF protection, so I now put an SPF underneath.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back