Tan Accelarator advice please? sun-sensitive skin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CLBA

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone -
I have ever such sun-sensitive skin. I do use sunscreen - but just wondered if anyone has found the tan accelarators helpful/ good for sensitive skin/ prickly heat ? and if so - is there a particular brand you would recommend please?
Any advice appreciated.
Thank you !

Zhuzh! Is the best IMO , Has a lovely cooling effect to the skin as its in a spray bottle. Also you dont have to use it for 2 or 3 weeks before you go away unlike other Tan accelerators, Just spay the body and face a few minutes before going out in the sun, remember you still need SPF though :)

They definitely helps with Prickly heat IMO as they seem to get your skin ready for heat expose so your more prepared , Id also recommend getting some Aloe vera to use every night.

Ideal World often have great POTD's with Zhuzh!

Zhuzh! Is the best IMO , Has a lovely cooling effect to the skin as its in a spray bottle. Also you dont have to use it for 2 or 3 weeks before you go away unlike other Tan accelerators, Just spay the body and face a few minutes before going out in the sun, remember you still need SPF though :)

They definitely helps with Prickly heat IMO as they seem to get your skin ready for heat expose so your more prepared , Id also recommend getting some Aloe vera to use every night.

Ideal World often have great POTD's with Zhuzh!

Agree Zhuzh is a good one.It's good because it is spray as well.Goes on easy and as Autumn says cooling on the skin.It definitely helps me.

Sometimes I use Gatineau as well as my hubby likes it better but it is in a big size and you might need to decant some in a smaller bottle as it would be weighty in your case.

I use tan accelerator as my body lotion from April until about September. I have tried Gatineau, Elemis & Ultrasun, but I prefer EcoTan. I've used it since I was a teenager (I'm 28 now) when QVC use to sell it, these days I just buy it from Ebay (500ml pump bottle for £15, two, maybe three of those lasts me the entire season).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ecotan-Su...352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a416f99d8

I've always suffered once the sun comes out, my skin doesn't react very well to it at all (more so when I go on holiday than here in the UK), so using a tan accelerator is a staple for me for about 5 months of the year (I just end up getting bored and want to use all the other lovely body lotions/creams I have in my collection).

I just keep out of the sun. I wear long sleeves and high neck shirts. I have some skin damage from years ago on my back. I tend to use handcream with an spf in the summer - body shop do one. When gardening I wear gloves so that is some protection. I also get prickly heat.

Latest posts

Back