Fake Tan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

About 25 years ago, I purchased Clinique spray tan at the airport on the way to Rhodes. I am fair skin with pale red hair and don't tan. Came back to the hotel room after having a few sambouccas and decided that I needed to be brown. I applied the clear spray tan and waited. After about 10 minutes, I still wasn't brown so gave myself a second coat. Spent the rest of the holiday scrubbing it everyday in the shower and wearing trousers and long sleeved tops. Haven't touched the stuff since - fake tan or samboucca.

I have been trying the Gatineau tan activator this year. I am fair and hate sitting in sun and I have resigned myself to having a gg white body and legs. The Gatineau was a super size of month and has great reviews. So far so good. My legs are now white instead of glowing white. It works lovely as a moisturiser, my skin is soft. I won’t try fake tans as I have no patience. When I tried the dove gradual tan I was streaky bacon for a week.
I agree with you it does what it's supposed and leaves your skin lovely. Just wish I knew if they make a moisturiser with those ingredients with out the tan.

Does anyone remember the Eco Tan they used to do years ago? The claim was you could just hold the bottle and spray it randomly, over your shoulder, round your sides and let it dry. The heat of your body would supposedly make it disperse itself evenly and give you a patch-free, natural looking tan that had no smell and wouldn't come off on your towels, sheets, or clothes. That was another one that went back after a single use!

About 25 years ago, I purchased Clinique spray tan at the airport on the way to Rhodes. I am fair skin with pale red hair and don't tan. Came back to the hotel room after having a few sambouccas and decided that I needed to be brown. I applied the clear spray tan and waited. After about 10 minutes, I still wasn't brown so gave myself a second coat. Spent the rest of the holiday scrubbing it everyday in the shower and wearing trousers and long sleeved tops. Haven't touched the stuff since - fake tan or samboucca.
At least it was fake. I had a couple of friends who bought a portable infra-red/UV lamp each from a catalogue back in the 1980s. They were around the size of a seven-inch vinyl record, and they decided they'd have a "tanning night" to get ready for their holiday. They sat for over an hour, holding them in various positions, mainly on their legs and arms and commented to each other that they weren't doing much. A few hours later they were in agony and ended up in the burns' unit of the local hospital!

I agree with you it does what it's supposed and leaves your skin lovely. Just wish I knew if they make a moisturiser with those ingredients with out the tan.
The tan activator has no colour; it is a white cream that supposed to encourage your skin to tan naturally. I avoid the gradual or fake tans because my dry skin causes me to look streaky

The tan activator has no colour; it is a white cream that supposed to encourage your skin to tan naturally. I avoid the gradual or fake tans because my dry skin causes me to look streaky
Yes it is a white cream what I meant to say was Without the tan activator as it's a really good moisturiser imo. It does help me tan as I don't like being in the sun too much. I avoid fake tans as I'm useless applying the stuff another reason I don't use makeup have no idea what to use and how to apply. I'm far too old to learn now just stick with mascara and lipstick.

Latest posts

Back