Fake Tan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
When I was a teen and in my 20s too, I loved getting a tan. Since the 1980s, however, I refuse to sit in the sun mainly because I get very bored but also to protect my skin. Over the years I have not found a fake tan that doesn’t look or smell good especially as your body heats up. I have tried every brand on the market, also the hyped up brands on QVC.
Anyone have their favourites that look natural.

I used to like the Decleor gradual glow body moisturiser but I haven't used it since they stopped trading on QVC. I bought the litre size of the Gatineau once last week after all the claims about how marvellous and easy to use it is, and it's going back...

I always hated sitting in the sun bored, bored and bored. As a child, I fried, so my partners never let me do that. Now I have mild rosacea, and it does not like the sun, even with high SPF the rosacea rash with appear.

Now, for fake tan. Back in the 80s I did use it, especially on my legs instead of tights in the summer. But for some reason every brand changed formula and all made me itch, I used to look like I had been attacked my the cat because I scratched. I believe the ingredient begins with a P? Anyway, the only one I could use and not on my face was the Liz Earle one but only with one coat of the spray. Then of course LE discontinued it. Note, if I used a second coat the next day, I would start itching.

I used to like the Decleor gradual glow body moisturiser but I haven't used it since they stopped trading on QVC. I bought the litre size of the Gatineau once last week after all the claims about how marvellous and easy to use it is, and it's going back...
I agree with you, I tried it it marked my clothes and sheets, more so possibly because because I have sweated more trying to sleep at night, but it smelled too, in other words the same as all the rest.

I have been watching Q a lot in the past two weeks and I think many brands most of us certainly me, have never heard of, use it as a staging platform for their goods, then once they get orders they disappear never to be seen again, because customers now know who they are. I am thinking specifically of two brands (although there are many) Lilly O’Brien chocolates, now selling everywhere except Q, and the only fake tan I did like, Vita Liberata from the Irish woman Alyson Hogg, not seen for years because she became well know, and subsequently sold her company, although the Registered Office is still in County Antrim, I am not sure but I think she is still involved, but the fake tan has changed ingredients so kast time I didn’t like it. People are always changing their product ingredients, I wish they would not. I used to love everything Decleor until they changed.

Winge over!

I never sit in the sun, I spend summer darting in and out of the shade. The only faux tan that I’ve tried was tan-luxe. NEVER again because I looked like an Ooompah Loompah for days, despite only using a couple of drops in my moisturiser. I’m staying pale because I look less ridiculous than when I went orange.

The only time I’ve tried fake tan was to try and give my legs a bit of colour for a summer wedding we were going to so I wouldn’t have to wear tights.
It was an unmitigated disaster and I ended up wearing tights anyway to cover it.
Never again.
Hae tried a couple of higher street gradual tint moisturisers but, no, not any good.
Like Toril I’ve opted to stay pale and uninteresting. I do get a certain amount of enjoyment from seeing other people’s obviously fake, badly applied tans though….
I used to fret about wearing shorts and showing my pale legs on hot days. Then I figured, when it’s hot everyone is wearing sunglasses so everything looks brown anyway…..🙂

I like the Elemis face glow product, it looks natural on me, however, I'm normally pure white so most fake tans make me go yellow or orange. The Decleor golden glow was good and I get a faux tan cream for light skin at Creightons for a really good price. To be honest I no longer care about people who laugh at me for being pale, being tanned is not the be all and end all.

CC

I have been trying the Gatineau tan activator this year. I am fair and hate sitting in sun and I have resigned myself to having a glowing white body and legs. The Gatineau was a super size of month and has great reviews. So far so good. My legs are now white instead of glowing white. It works lovely as a moisturiser, my skin is soft. I won’t try fake tans as I have no patience. When I tried the dove gradual tan I was streaky bacon for a week.

I like Isle of Paradise mousse. Put around equal amounts of mousse and moisturiser on mit and rub it into my legs. It just gives enough colour to not be white. Doesn't smell and doesn't streak. I also use Gatineau gradual glow occasionally, but again just on my legs. As long as I don't try to go too dark it looks fairly natural. What I want to know is how these models and presenters who spend the whole show rubbing various tanning agents into their bodies don't have multi coloured hands. They never seem to wash them. On the odd occasion I do rub one of these creams in by hand I spend ages scrubbing my hands as I don't want them to stain.

Latest posts

Back