Bare Escentuals foundation question..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
I have used a liquid foundation quite happily for ages, but since entering the dreaded menopause my skin has become quite greasy and my beloved Chanel foundation doesn't seem to be working for me.

So I am a wondering about a mineral foundation and whether it will keep the shine at bay.

I am sure you ladies have the answers to rid me of my oil slick....I thank you!:mysmilie_12:

Exactly the position I was in. Tried. Laura Geller, but that actually dried my skin out to an uncomfortable state, then wemt on to BE and love it. Also use smashbox halo, which I find very good as well.
So I can only recommend it

I recently switched to BE, after years of using liquid foundation, and I love it. It is a bit of a faf to put on but it looks great and you don't feel caked in make up and no shine!!
If it's any help colour wise, I'm olive skinned and wear the medium tan at the moment but will switch to tan in the summer.

I like it too. I do find that my nose, chin etc are shiny again but lunchtime so I top up with either mineral veil or LG B&B.

They say that if you have oily skin, you can put mineral veil on first then foundation then mineral veil on after as a finishing product.

I have combination skin so have never tried this though!

I didn't have much luck with BE foundation, it highlighted the pores on my nose but did not hide it's redness, so it looked just like a big strawberry sat in the middle of my face :mysmilie_12:

I now use LG Balance & Brighten in fair (I have to stockpile on the rare occasion it's in stock). Not tried Smashbox Halo yet.

Linda :mysmilie_348:

I've used all three after having the same problem. I like them all - used over primer - but here is my order of preference:
Halo - it is the easiest
Balance and Brighten
BE - just because it takes a bit of practice, and I need the mineral veil as well.
Just glad I discovered them.:mysmilie_82:

Erics mum the Bisque takes the redness away use first before the foundation xx

I switched to BE - so natural you can sleep in it, allegedly, and ended up quite literally, crying with pain, and I'm a big toughie! My face felt and looked as if I had been scalded so please test a little area first. It was like a burn because my face peeled afterwards and has been ultra-sensitive ever since, and it was over 2 years ago!

have a look at Lily Lolo website they do sample sizes so you can check out the shades and how it siuts your skin ( I'm not on commision Honest ! )

Elemental beauty also do sample sizes, and if you find you have to mix shades they can make you a custom foundation. My skin is sensitive to the Bismuth Oxychloride in BE and LilyLolo and EB do not put it in their powders.

:mysmilie_687:
Elemental beauty also do sample sizes, and if you find you have to mix shades they can make you a custom foundation. My skin is sensitive to the Bismuth Oxychloride in BE and LilyLolo and EB do not put it in their powders.
:mysmilie_687:

Ive been ok with LL but will check out this site just in case

You're welcome :) It was another member on here who pointed me in their direction. I had 3 extra samples in with my sample order, and when I ordered a foundation and finishing powder I got a free concealer. Their service has been excellent so far :)

Latest posts

Back