Make up question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another big fan of Laura Mercer here, love her foundations and her eye-shadows are the best I've ever used if you like subtle colour with staying power. I think that there is a palette on half-price offer at House Of Fraser at the moment (not sure if they still have stock). I tried the Mally sticks before Christmas when I bought the OTO but they were not for me. Correct they absolutely stayed put but the colour was too intense for me. I have a number of mally shadow sets, which I like but you do need to blend, blend, blend as the colours are very intense on first application, so they may not be a good choice if you are a novice to eye make-up.

My number one wish for QVC make-up is that they introduce colour to their mascara ranges. I like to wear either dark midnight navy or deep plum mascara - it suits my fair colouring much better than black. I don't mean really bright colours like teenagers wear (or did when I was a teenager :)) but colours more akin to those that Channel or YSL offer. They seem to offer colour in some ranges of QVC USA but not over here.

I wear BE foundation or LG balance and brighten, Rose radiance as a blusher or Bobbi brown pot rouge. Any mascara from the high street , with either navy or brown eyeliner. I don't often wear shadow as it never looks good on me. lips are usually mally's pink ones I do like staburst and Mally's look but i have loads from different brands that are all a slight variation of the same colour.(pink). I'm a sucker for lipgloss.

The mally shadow sticks seem very popular and since i can't get shadow right, What colour would you recommend for brown eyes? Than you in advance .

My advice would be to go to a counter for a make-over. Although you might recoil at the thought of sitting there and having it done it is a really good way to get advice and you don't have to buy all the products they use. Normally they will give you a list of what they used so you can buy things slowly each week or so after. Or else you can get cheaper versions elsewhere.

I love bare minerals foundation after a tiny bit of Smashbox liquid concealer on any bad areas. BM or Bobbi brown blush, Urban decay naked eye pallets (I have all 3) Only ever use BB gel eye liner as it is the best ever. YBF eyebrow pencil is good but I they don't last long so I have found that clinique ones are better but I use the brush from the YBF ones after. Benefit they're real mascara is the best I have ever used.

I wear BE foundation or LG balance and brighten, Rose radiance as a blusher or Bobbi brown pot rouge. Any mascara from the high street , with either navy or brown eyeliner. I don't often wear shadow as it never looks good on me. lips are usually mally's pink ones I do like staburst and Mally's look but i have loads from different brands that are all a slight variation of the same colour.(pink). I'm a sucker for lipgloss.

The mally shadow sticks seem very popular and since i can't get shadow right, What colour would you recommend for brown eyes? Than you in advance .

LEL - the 'Taupe' in the Mally 'Try me' kit isn't a bad place to start as its a nude shade but theres enough about it to see you're wearing something. I'm not a makeup expert but it works for me (Blue eyes), my daughter (Hazel eyes) and it was the colour chosen by Mally for a kit that would appeal to many.

I used to use Laura Geller Balance n Brighten, but had so much trouble trying to get hold of it as it was never in stock that I decided to switch to BB as I use a lot of their other items. BB gel eyeliner which is fantastic and which I have in 4 colours - (not so great, I feel though is the pencil eyeliner), pot rouge in powder pink and a rose gold shimmer brick. I also much prefer ordering from products here as got so fed up with liking a product, ie a certain eyeshadow from LG then finding that I could only get it if I bought a whole set of which I did not want or that it wasn't available anymore. I also tried Judith Williams magic makeup which is brilliant btw as it adapts to your skin colour and is so quick and easy but again wonder if eventually will have trouble getting hold of it as like another review here as said, it is only available now as a single product and not a double of which worked out better value.

I would like QVC UK to offer as much variety of brands as QVC US does. I liked the Dr Denese products which vanished overnight. Scott Barnes, Ren, Brenda Christian all vanished without a trace. All we get is BB (small amount of products), LG, Mally and BE. We need more choice!!!!!!

On that note why did Scott Barnes and Brenda Christian vanish,I sill have some of their make up.
Lynn

Dr. Denese got done for false advertising, someone complained to OFCOM about her claims.

Also in the US anyone who sells any of her products on ebay she complains to ebay saying they are fakes. So people buying kits and selling on get hit. Her stuff appeared in TJMaxx(the US TKMaxx), and she put out it was all fake products being sold.

Boots No7 have a colour matching gizmo. I was very pleased with the foundation they gave me. It was the first I have had which I think has truly matched. They gave me a couple of samples of their different types on foundation in my colour and each one lasted a week so there was plenty of time to play and make my mind up which to get.

BTW did you know that the vouchers they do (at the moment it is £5 off skincare and £3 off make up) can be used with the 3 for 2 offer? I got a cleanser, a liquid eyeliner and a bb cream for £13 today. Note that the cheapest item is free so bear that in mind because they said you can't use a voucher against the free item.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Wow didnt realise there were so many experts on here, thankyou veryone so much I have learned lots from this thread.

Heads up. Bobbi Brown is bringing her longwear cream shadows out in stick form. They are out in the US at the moment and should be here shortly.

Temptalia.com? I saw them on her blog last night. Nice to know that I'm not limited to Mally with these sticks. I still have two very old faves from waaay back when Clinique did them. Hope the staying power will be as good as Mally and Clinique are on me.

I bought a Mally Shadow stick from Ebay in Burnished Violet which is a taupe/brown shimmer. I have brown eyes too. It's lovely, easy to apply and has moderate staying power (stayed in place until about 3pm). I did use my Urban Decay eye potion primer thingy underneath though. I paid £7.50 on Ebay incl postage for the Mally shadow stick

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Brenda Christian makeup was fab (I still have some)

I remember emailing their customer services asking if they tested on animals & I got the most beautiful in depth reply.

Latest posts

Back