Bare Escentuals TSV 17/03/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I also hate the idea of putting makeup on to sleep in even if it does not come off on the pillow,I prefer just to use a cream.
Lynn

There are a few tips for wearing minerals and not looking older. The easiest is to use a mist to set (I like the Sue Devitt one, but will happily use Clinique's version if I'm out). The second is to apply with a BeautyBlender sponge (got mine from Jayne at JustBeautyDirect on here). It presses the minerals in so the effect is not so dry/powdery. The third is to press a just damp, warm face cloth over the minerals very lightly to meld the powder in and lift the powder effect. The fourth (my fave) is to put your moisturiser in your hand and tip a small amount of minerals (more for more coverage) and mix (I apply mix with a damp BB and sometimes buff in with a MAC skunk, depending on what coverage I want).

If you want a really matte coverage with a non-powder look, the closest I've found is to skip the veil and use a silicone powder. MUFE do a lovely one - looks great in photos. E.L.F do a budget version if you just want to dip a toe in to try.

There are a few tips for wearing minerals and not looking older. The easiest is to use a mist to set (I like the Sue Devitt one, but will happily use Clinique's version if I'm out). The second is to apply with a BeautyBlender sponge (got mine from Jayne at JustBeautyDirect on here). It presses the minerals in so the effect is not so dry/powdery. The third is to press a just damp, warm face cloth over the minerals very lightly to meld the powder in and lift the powder effect. The fourth (my fave) is to put your moisturiser in your hand and tip a small amount of minerals (more for more coverage) and mix (I apply mix with a damp BB and sometimes buff in with a MAC skunk, depending on what coverage I want).

If you want a really matte coverage with a non-powder look, the closest I've found is to skip the veil and use a silicone powder. MUFE do a lovely one - looks great in photos. E.L.F do a budget version if you just want to dip a toe in to try.

I went for it as well, I really like the foundation and wanted to try the new night time treatment and the primer. I might give the ELF powder a go as I would prefer the foundation matte but the actual matte version didnt provide enough coverage for me. thanks Alter Ego for this, if I like the ELF one I may splurge on the MUFE when I have some spare cash.

Alter Ego, thanks for that. I learned something new today. Am I the only one to google MAC skunk? Maybe you can start a new thread on Tips?!? I'm sure it would be popular.

[/B]

I went for it as well, I really like the foundation and wanted to try the new night time treatment and the primer. I might give the ELF powder a go as I would prefer the foundation matte but the actual matte version didnt provide enough coverage for me. thanks Alter Ego for this, if I like the ELF one I may splurge on the MUFE when I have some spare cash.

Just hope you like it - it's been a while since I ordered, but I do believe it's the High Def powder from the Studio range. It needs a light hand as it will look white if you overdo. I use the Ecotools finishing kabuki with this powder (though the Studio range has a kabuki that is not as firm as higher quality kabukis so this works quite well, too. It's very soft and non-scratchy, though).

I use the Night Treatment in Clear as an illuminator on the centre panel, inner eyes and cupid's bow. It gives the candlelit YSL advert look (the one for Touche Eclat and some of their foundations). The darker shades may work this way depending on your skintone, too.

Alter Ego, thanks for that. I learned something new today. Am I the only one to google MAC skunk? Maybe you can start a new thread on Tips?!? I'm sure it would be popular.

Normally hate giving tips as I always feel bad if someone buys one of my recs and then hates it! The Skunk is the two-tone, black hair/white fibre brush (numbers 187/8). It's absolutely amazing for blending all types of foundation/blush. Keep buffing with these and you'll get an airbrush look!

thanks SpringFlower and iloveshopping !!
have had to have antibiotics now which wasn't straightforward as I can't take tetracycline the one drug that really works for it so now taking erythromycin. Although my face is already clear after six days !!!!!! will still not use the night transformation stuff, but I love everything else ! strange thing is, the only thing that made my face look fine was the foundation and bisque so at least if I wanted to go out my skin looked great and people didn't really know what I was on about !!! The other problem was that being at that age I sweat on my face so it was really sore some times, infact I don't know what I would off done without BE
Thanks all Yvonne xx

Fwend, your post takes me back a few years when after having no spots as a teenager I suddenly got those awful ones that some people get on their backs but mine appeared on my chest. It was so embarassing and they lasted years. The doctor tried me on various antibiotics but to no avail. Turns out the problem was hormonal, and a strong version of the combined pill cleared up my skin in less than a week. When I came off them 2 years later the spots never returned. Point I am making is antibiotics only work if problem is down to bacteria or sebum levels on the first place.

Normally hate giving tips as I always feel bad if someone buys one of my recs and then hates it! The Skunk is the two-tone, black hair/white fibre brush (numbers 187/8). It's absolutely amazing for blending all types of foundation/blush. Keep buffing with these and you'll get an airbrush look!

I agree - the MAC skunk is brilliant. It is my preferred choice for all liquid foundations and bronzer (it gives a lovely light touch of bronzer).

I agree - the MAC skunk is brilliant. It is my preferred choice for all liquid foundations and bronzer (it gives a lovely light touch of bronzer).

Oooh, Charlie, you should try it after the BeautyBlender. I apply liquids/creams with a damp BB, buff it in, then finish with the skunk. DH always asks me what I've done as he hates me wearing anything remotely noticeable, but notices when my skin looks airbrushed IYSWIM.

It's a great brush. I use it for buffing mineral powder foundations and liquid ones alike.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Question about the Mac 187 - I looked on the auction site and was wondering how wary I have to be of fakes? I actually went for this TSV in Fair but would love to get a slightly smoother look - the BE isnt too bad when I use it with primer but without it can really wreak havoc with the look of pores on my nose so I think a better application technique would really help me.

Question about the Mac 187 - I looked on the auction site and was wondering how wary I have to be of fakes? I actually went for this TSV in Fair but would love to get a slightly smoother look - the BE isnt too bad when I use it with primer but without it can really wreak havoc with the look of pores on my nose so I think a better application technique would really help me.

Be wary as lots are fakes from China. I never buy MAC from EBay for this reason. The brush is pricey but a worthwhile investment as it will last years if you look after it. You can buy it from MAC online www.maccosmetics.co.uk. It's the official UK MAC site

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Do not buy MAC from eBay, the chances of getting a genuine product are minimal sadly. If you can wait and you can find one Sonia Kashul does an awesome skunk brush (read reviews on makeupalley). Real Techniques (now in Boots) also have a lovely buffing brush which will do the same job as a skunk.

I have stopped using BE a couple of years ago as I was finding that it made my skin dry and it just did not look right on me anymore, always wondered why as I was so happy with it before. Well thank you ladies, again I learned something new. Still have loads of the BE left so maybe I will give it another try with the suggested methods. I assume as its powder it does not go off?

Used to use BE but wasn't keen on the "shimmer" a couple of years ago then switched to LG ( didn't get on with that it just came off on clothes) so went back to Bobbi Brown liquid foundation, I am usi g Bobbi Browns mineral foundation at the moment and although it doesn't have the coverage of liquid foundation, in my opinion, it does make the skin look lovely and even and stays on all day and best of all there is non of this buffing malarkey, might try the MAC one next time sounds like it is quite good

I love the concept of BE but it does nothing for me. I can't tell i am wearing it and get no coverage whatsoever. After watching all these years i am still no wiser to what colour/shade i should go for as i feel their descriptions rubbish. What bliddy undertone am i? confused:thinking: Theynever tell you how to work that out.

I think the only way to tell what your "undertones" are is by comparing with other people. It scared the life out of me when I realised how pink I was comared to how yellow others were, but as I fry in the sun, I can't think why it came as such a surprise. According to the time of year I use BE in Fairly Light, Light or Medium Beige, sometimes mixing them. I LOVE that I get full coverage of my dreadful skin, but nobody knows I'm wearing make up, a HUGE bonus after years of wearing mask-like foundations.

I love the concept of BE but it does nothing for me. I can't tell i am wearing it and get no coverage whatsoever. After watching all these years i am still no wiser to what colour/shade i should go for as i feel their descriptions rubbish. What bliddy undertone am i? confused:thinking: Theynever tell you how to work that out.
I'm sure that I read somewhere that you need to look at the veins on the inside of your wrist, if they look greenish (yellow plus blue equals green) then you're yellow undertone and if they look blueish then you are pink undertone. Having said that I'm not really sure what tone I am! As someone else said comparing yourself to other people is probably a good idea.

My veins look blue so i must be a cool, they really should spend a bit of time explaining undertones as the pictures they put up are rubbish.

And the celebs they offer as examples mean nothing at all to me. Also, the Scottish female who was presenting on Saturday was wearing the wrong colour make up with her blonde hair, which IMO made her skin look artificially pink. It might have looked better had she worn lippy. For me, she either gets it stunningly right or horribly wrong.

Latest posts

Back