Bare Escentuals TSV 17/03/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fwend, that's really interesting because at 63 I 'm still plagued by the same thing. However, I've noticed that the only time I get a flare up now is on the days when I'm at home and have a makeup (Bare Mineral) free day. Am still hunting for a night cream which doesn't just sit on the surface of my babyfine skin then find its' way onto the duvet cover. Maybe I don't need moisturizer. Whatever would AY say to that!!!!!?

Perhaps you could try putting your night cream on an hour or so before going to bed so it has more time to sink in?

thanks SpringFlower and iloveshopping !!
have had to have antibiotics now which wasn't straightforward as I can't take tetracycline the one drug that really works for it so now taking erythromycin. Although my face is already clear after six days !!!!!! will still not use the night transformation stuff, but I love everything else ! strange thing is, the only thing that made my face look fine was the foundation and bisque so at least if I wanted to go out my skin looked great and people didn't really know what I was on about !!! The other problem was that being at that age I sweat on my face so it was really sore some times, infact I don't know what I would off done without BE
Thanks all Yvonne xx

QUOTE=iloveshopping;549642]Perhaps you could try putting your night cream on an hour or so before going to bed so it has more time to sink in?[/QUOTE]

iloveshopping,it must feel good to have a brain!!! Thanks for the tip, I'll certainly give it a try.
Like you, Fwend, I don't know what I'd do without BE, I certainly couldn't put my head outside the door. Aged 47 I tried Tetracycline and it had NO effect whatsoever so my lovely doctor sent me to a dermatologist who recommended Roaccutane with the warning that should I become pregnant whilst taking it I would have to have a termination. I wasn't prepared to take that risk with what might have been my last chance, hence am still plagued, but now not so badly unless I'm in bright sun but bisque and mixing a darker BE with my usual shade comes to my rescue every time.

Best wishes and smiles, Janexx

QUOTE=iloveshopping;549642]Perhaps you could try putting your night cream on an hour or so before going to bed so it has more time to sink in?

iloveshopping,it must feel good to have a brain!!! Thanks for the tip, I'll certainly give it a try.
Like you, Fwend, I don't know what I'd do without BE, I certainly couldn't put my head outside the door. Aged 47 I tried Tetracycline and it had NO effect whatsoever so my lovely doctor sent me to a dermatologist who recommended Roaccutane with the warning that should I become pregnant whilst taking it I would have to have a termination. I wasn't prepared to take that risk with what might have been my last chance, hence am still plagued, but now not so badly unless I'm in bright sun but bisque and mixing a darker BE with my usual shade comes to my rescue every time.

Best wishes and smiles, Janexx[/QUOTE]

Jane I had acne from the age of 15 all the way through to 34. Not only did makeup slide off my face but it ruined my clothes because of my greasy back. I had a course of Roaccutane lasting 6 weeks at my local hospital (of course after all the creams, antibotics, contraceptive pills). I had long given up taking antibotics, creams etc but I had been referred to the dermatologist for a condition known as 'mask of pregnancy' whereby you get brown marks on the face and the dermo said she couldn't do anything for that but she could sort out my acne. For me it was a wonder drug and my acne all but went away. I was estatic and have continued to be delighted. The acne returned but not very heavily and I then had a second course for another 6 weeks. Since then no acne and a beautiful skin (apart from 2 open pores that developed over many years).

Looking back to 20 years ago, I would probably not have that 2nd course as I think it was the cause of the 2 open pores.

I followed the dermatologist's instructions to the letter ie no alcohol and whatever else I was told to do (no exposure to sun). I know that there are other risks apart from pregnancy such as depression but I was so over the moon with the rapid improvement in my skin that depression did not occur . For anyone still reading the 'mask of pregnancy' brown sun marks disappeared of their own accord, helped by keeping out of the sun.

He other day that make up guy Daniel Something - works in harrods - said that women who wore mineral make up were making themselves look old.

Just sayin'

He other day that make up guy Daniel Something - works in harrods - said that women who wore mineral make up were making themselves look old.

Just sayin'

On QVC US board quite a large number of women in their forties have stopped using BE. Thought it was fab looked great etc. Then caught a look at themselves in daylight and realized they could notice every pore and line. They have gone back to the liquid foundation.

Oh sodding hell - I was going to order it till I read this. I just turned 44 last week so I don't want to look any older.

On QVC US board quite a large number of women in their forties have stopped using BE. Thought it was fab looked great etc. Then caught a look at themselves in daylight and realized they could notice every pore and line. They have gone back to the liquid foundation.

Must say I agree with that. Love their makeup but not the foundation. It seems to have a bit of shimmer in it which seems to highlight every imperfection. Shall be buying the tsv tho and ebaying the foundation.

I'm knocking on the door of 50 and BE is still my makeup if choice. I do use LG as well especially if I'm in a rush. Regardless of what they tell you, you cannot put BE on straight on top of your moisturiser or it doesn't go on smoothly. You can get away with it if you use their primer as a barrier between your moisturiser and the minerals. But I prefer not to use a primer.

LG can go straight on top of your moisturiser. So that's what I use if I'm in a rush or sometimes I use LG then a swirl of BE to get the glow I love. Or if I've plenty of time I'll just use BE.

But I am very lucky I have bugger all in the way of wrinkles to highlight. And I think that the glow that comes with BE makes my skin look far more youthful and healthy than a matte makeup. But that's personal choice I suppose.

I have to say that I'm not as impressed with the BE foundation as I was 6/7 years ago and have considered changing so I won't be buying the TSV. I don't wear lots of make-up but I obviously want to be pleased with the little I use so I may have a look at the Daniel Sandler range which might be more appropriate for the older woman!

Don't know if anyone's interested but M&S have 20% off their Perfection Cosmetics Range as the Deal of the Day today........:wink: Wonder how these products compare with BE?

love be but dont like the laura geller foundation on me it looks dreadfull. instead i went to the mac counter and bought the best powder/mineral in a pressed compact and love it. not drying at all. specially over spackle.

Only caught about five minutes of the BE presentation this morning but it was the five minutes when they were talking about mineral veil and how it "minimises pores". I have got it but rarely use it and I can't say I've noticed any effect on my pores one way or the other!

I agree with the comments made about BE foundation and Laura Geller,they really made me look 10 years older,have gone back to liquid foundation and am loving the new Daniel Sander one with the matching concealer in the top it really gives my face a lovely glow.
Lynn

I bought it, wanted several of the products anyway and the value, plus the Easy Pay made it well worth getting. I do want to see the Night Treatment and this is a good way to try it and will be good for travel.

I love the concept of BE but it does nothing for me. I can't tell i am wearing it and get no coverage whatsoever. After watching all these years i am still no wiser to what colour/shade i should go for as i feel their descriptions rubbish. What bliddy undertone am i? confused:thinking: Theynever tell you how to work that out.

Latest posts

Back