Bareminerals TSV 29/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seriously poor selection of foundation colours, that is nowhere near the whole range. You have to be much more picky about the right colour for you in the ready, don't let then fob you off as usual that it is "forgiving" like the loose foundation, it is not.

i dont buy foundation on tv anymore i need to get a perfect match colour and texture wise

Julia kept saying last night that the foundation and brush were worth £49. Not true. The foundation is £25 and the brush is £21.

The brush was also not designed for the Ready foundation as they claimed, on the BM site it's described as 'Best for use with bareMinerals Luminizer'. It's this one http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/Tapered-Face-Brush/UK67159,en_GB,pd.html#productDetailsSection

I think they're getting confused with this one http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/Precision-Face-Brush/UK62467,en_GB,pd.html which is £24 and was designed for Ready foundation. This one comes in the last AD.

Think I'm still gong to go for it though, I do want to try the foundation and the TSV is worth it for that and the brush.

The jury's out...

I've gone for 150 and 230 and will return and cancel at least one of the sets/auto delivery. I'm happy to be able to try the Ready foundation but in the loose foundation I can wear Fair, Fairly Light, Light and Medium depending on the time of year and how jaundiced my skin looks (Light is a good match but I actually look better with the yellow toned down by using the pinker toned Medium which contradicts what they normally say). Looking at the full range of Ready shades I think I'd better suit the Medium 210 but QVC aren't offering it in the TSV.

Being happy to use Balance & Brighten on minimal make up days it will have to really blow me away for me to keep and use it (I'm v skeptical) and they're already skating on thin ice because they didn't make an entirely Ready TSV, the eye shadows look like every other safe eye colour they put in TSVs and will probably be sold if by some miracle I keep the set.

So I'm really just trying to satisfy my curiosity, but QVC presenters keep telling me to order "risk free" :mysmilie_11: Straightaway QVC & BM will get one, possibly both TSVs returned (and hopefully disposed of). If the just offered the whole range of colours I'd be confident of only ordering the 210!

Slightly off topic: The loose foundations create too much dust but I bought a fillable brush (a Sheer Cover one from ebay) and filled with the loose foundation and found it much easier, it also allwed me to mix two colours to get the perfect shade. I bought a fillable brush from QVC years ago which was a Bare Minerals branded one but it was dreadful and was returned (had terrible reviews at the time) but if they brought out another better version I'd recommend it as a good way to apply the loose powders (also better for travelling). Prior to getting the Sheer Cover brush I used a Models Prefer yellow powder-in-a-brush once it was empty.

Omg I bought this without seeing any TV demo - what a mistake!
I usually wear medium/medium beige so duly bought the medium.
It's yellow!! Nothing like the usual colours :(
What a wastee of money

Omg I bought this without seeing any TV demo - what a mistake!
I usually wear medium/medium beige so duly bought the medium.
It's yellow!! Nothing like the usual colours :(
What a wastee of money

Oh no! That's such a shame for you. I didn't dare order this, I really feel like I need to see and test the ready foundations before I buy. I am really sorry this has not been a good purchase for you.

I ended up ordering this on advanced orders. Does anyone know if they said the date they would be expecting stock?

I ordered the TSV and it is going back. I like the eyeliner and the brushes. The eyeshadows are ok but I have very similar colours already and I don't wear lippy. The foundation looks very powdery on my face and is a big let down I had high expectations.

I got colour matched today and I am R250 and medium beige in powder after thinking I was R170 and fairly light. No wonder it made me look so washed out, so much for Nicola from girls aloud and Lorraine Kelly it does not help one bit get colour matched girls.

Latest posts

Back