Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've noticed that Donna, I've never posted on there myself, I tend to read for a short while and then come back here for a dose of sanity! I think I'll email them at HQ with a full and frank review once the dust has settled. I also don't want to drop any of the brand reps in it by saying they gave us samples. I can't believe how paranoid QVC seems over the whole sample issue!

I expect that QVC discourage samples because they lose sales if the customer does not like it. No doubt they prefer the customer to buy it and keep it because they can't be bothered to return it or return under 30 day MBG and the brands take the brunt.

I was chatting to someone on a stall on Wednesday and she said that just before the morning session started a tannoy went out saying that "QVC thoroughly discourage the handing out of samples" or words to that effect!

Btw does anyone know the Breast cancer charity that all the profits were going to didn't have a presence at the event?

Omg how tight.

Originally Posted by Plodipop
I was chatting to someone on a stall on Wednesday and she said that just before the morning session started a tannoy went out saying that "QVC thoroughly discourage the handing out of samples" or words to that effect!

I don’t find this believable that the vendors were not told in advance but on the morning of the exhibition started??
So the vendors brought tons of samples only to be told that they are not allowed? Hmm..it would be disrespectful to the vendors and Q want good relationship with them I would think.

I don’t find this believable that the vendors were not told in advance but on the morning of the exhibition started??
So the vendors brought tons of samples only to be told that they are not allowed? Hmm..it would be disrespectful to the vendors and Q want good relationship with them I would think.
Also we on here knew months in advance that there will be no samples and the vendors didn't?

I haven't read all the 25 pages of this thread, just the last few; but I'm getting the impression that a lot of people appear to get repeat invites to these 'bashes', is this right? and how can that be ? I also see mention of tickets being bought, so how are these available ?
Hi brissles, I have never received an invite from Q or a Xmas card but through this forum heard last year that Daily Mail sold the tickets so I jumped at the chance and this year people were posting and I bought my ticket and I'm grateful for the heads up.
It was actually on Q own website where they advertised the tickets so people on here posted the link to that page. I think that the tickets never went on air. They became available to buy on such and such date at 10 o'clock but the item was a bit messed up and I was at home at that time watching they didn't put it on air when it first became available .
I love going to this type of exhibitions and I also like going to the ideal home show, the vitality show, the veggie show, the yoga show you name it.
I dug out the qvc ticket item, look at the one and only review it echoes what was said on here.
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=900245&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

I think people must have cornered Flinty at BB about the twatting because she made a big thing of reading texts when she did the gem show.

Bets it is only paying lip service and she will be back to twatting every other minute next week.

Did anyone actually speak to her at the event and if so did they manage to keep their hands off her throat?

I successfully avoided all of the presenters but picked up their post/photo cards as memorabilia :)

I think it had been noticed on the previous day that samples were being 'slipped into' customers bags and that's why they just reiterated the QVC stance! The girl also told me that all the people working on the stand got a goody bag the night previously - but she may have just been trying to wind me up I suppose!

The BB ticket (well it was just a letter really) mentioned no samples from the stands so the guests and brand reps would have known beforehand. However the BB letter/ticket last year said the same thing I seem to remember but clearly back then no one believed QVC were serious about it. So the tannoy announcement must have been the QVC way of saying "we're not kidding". It's crass and clumsy. As a guest (yep remember that QVC? many of us were there as your guest, the rest were paying guests!) I'd have been offended had I heard it and I think it's equally offensive to the brands' employees.

They are milking it especially after the Bash where we were given TV programmes for the weekend only at the same time we were given goodie bags and saying "please watch this weekend"

The BB ticket (well it was just a letter really) mentioned no samples from the stands so the guests and brand reps would have known beforehand. However the BB letter/ticket last year said the same thing I seem to remember but clearly back then no one believed QVC were serious about it. So the tannoy announcement must have been the QVC way of saying "we're not kidding". It's crass and clumsy. As a guest (yep remember that QVC? many of us were there as your guest, the rest were paying guests!) I'd have been offended had I heard it and I think it's equally offensive to the brands' employees.

Actually what did happen to Q's GIFTING attitude? It's been mentioned a lot like when they impose it on us when we are supposed to "gift" a teacher, a bus driver etc etc etc

We are not all beauty addicts but Q don't seem to take notice of that.

And NO, I don't want a steam mop as a substitute to endless beauty shows.

Ah, but the beauty 'assault' came in the wake of the demise of the crafting shows and all the 'proper' jewellery shows which ended when the price of gold rocketed. Suddenly we were all beaten into submission by anti-ageing products !!!!!

Latest posts

Back