Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beauty is the biggest seller for QVC these days, so of course they are going to milk it for its worth.

Unfortunately now we are a beauty product obsessed culture these days. We have the newspapers, magazine as well at TV pushing us about needing younger skin, longer lashes, the celebs use this that and the other. This is the newest so must be the best and you need this now.

Thanks

I had a little makeover with Stila and loooved this eye shadow, the peachy one
http://www.qvcuk.com/Stila-4-Piece-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-207731

Stila eye shadow I mentioned in an earlier post is out of this world (imo) and called Kitten I have now found it online at around £10 and thinking of getting it soon.

Thank you for the recommendation. I bought the eyeshadow a couple of days ago after reading your posts and I agree, it is really lovely.

:mysmilie_851::mysmilie_851:

Thank you for the recommendation. I bought the eyeshadow a couple of days ago after reading your posts and I agree, it is really lovely.

:mysmilie_851::mysmilie_851:

Oh wow, I'm still sitting on my hands. Where did you get it dollydimple and was it a good deal?
There was another colour kind of Khaki also very pretty but as I had a makeover with the Kitten I preferred it.
dollydimple if you have used Laura Geller eye shadows can you compare the quality etc as I didn't wear Kitten long enough on the day and also it was applied on top of my LG eye shadow?

Oh wow, I'm still sitting on my hands. Where did you get it dollydimple and was it a good deal?
There was another colour kind of Khaki also very pretty but as I had a makeover with the Kitten I preferred it.
dollydimple if you have used Laura Geller eye shadows can you compare the quality etc as I didn't wear Kitten long enough on the day and also it was applied on top of my LG eye shadow?

I got it from beauty bay for £10.68 with free 48hr tracked delivery (Hermes). I have tried LG eye shadow but much prefer the stila - it seems nice and smooth and good staying power. I have difficulty finding the right shade for me in the LG range. Plus, if it's in a swirly baked palette, I have difficulty picking out the bit of the colour I want to use.

Yesterday, I used the stila on its own, today I applied it over some naked 2 eye shadow and it was so easy, no mess and the colour (kitten) is beautiful either way. Really pleased with it. It's the colour I've been trying to find for ages.

I got it from beauty bay for £10.68 with free 48hr tracked delivery (Hermes). I have tried LG eye shadow but much prefer the stila - it seems nice and smooth and good staying power. I have difficulty finding the right shade for me in the LG range. Plus, if it's in a swirly baked palette, I have difficulty picking out the bit of the colour I want to use.

Yesterday, I used the stila on its own, today I applied it over some naked 2 eye shadow and it was so easy, no mess and the colour (kitten) is beautiful either way. Really pleased with it. It's the colour I've been trying to find for ages.

Thank you for your feedback dollydimple, I'm getting bored with LG eye shadow colours, Stila seems somehow cleaner and brighter in comparison and I did think that staying power was better but wasn't too sure as wore it only a couple of hours. I'm happy that you like it especially you said that you've been trying to find one like this for ages.
Just one more question, would the Hermes parcel fit through the letter box?

Yes, it's a small cardboard box and should fit through no problem. I was already at the door when it was delivered so it was handed to me. Hang on, I still have the box in the recycling bag, I'll try posting it through my postbox...

Yes, it posts through no problem :mysmilie_59: ( I hope none of my neighbours were watching me,lol )

Yes, it's a small cardboard box and should fit through no problem. I was already at the door when it was delivered so it was handed to me. Hang on, I still have the box in the recycling bag, I'll try posting it through my postbox...

Yes, it posts through no problem :mysmilie_59: ( I hope none of my neighbours were watching me,lol )

Thank you :)))

Just watching LE hour and think that Caroline looks slimmer on screen than in real life didn't think it was possible.
CH looks nice I like the clean look of her eye/brow make up.

Thanks for sharing your experiences folks.

****** nora though, I'm utterly disgusted at Q for their attitude to samples, unbelievable! Why have stalls packed with samples if they're not supposed to give them out? That's entirely the point of them and a lot of the point of the event. Surely it should be up to the brands since surely they'd be standing the cost. Even if we're going to say that disallowing it is reasonable (which it isn't,) it's one thing to say beforehand to vendors not to give stuff out, but to actually take a sample from a guest/viewer/customer and say they can't have it like they're a naughty schoolchild? Wtf? I actually cannot believe that. If that were me I think I'd have thrown at at the Q busybody and stormed out. What a horrible, rude, petty, pathetic thing to do to someone at an event that's meant to be a lovely treat. Ffs. I don't expect much from Q after all their antics but I'm actually quite shocked by that. If it's so awful for Q to give anything away free (probably not even at any cost to themselves,) if they're that tight, miserly and mean and a little sample means more than goodwill to their loyal customers then why have the event at all? Don't pretend to be generous and reward customers' loyalty and then treat them as if they were shoplifting... ****** hell, I'm really quite angry at the whole thing. Dreadful behaviour.

Well I like going to these types of exhibitions e.g. the ideal home show,the vitality show, the veggie show, the yoga show you name it.
However Q is not a very good value though as you are limited to a half day where at other shows you get a full day for your money.
At the BB if you sit down for a cup of tea or indeed have a facial you will miss on visiting a brand or two.

No one HAS to go to the BB If someone gets invited then apart from travel costs everything they receive is a bonus and if they chose to pay for a ticket they were advised in advance that no samples would be given out on the stands. It must be disappointing if you have been in previous years and thought you would get the same amount of stuff but QVC did mention it quite a bit over the weeks leading up to the BB.

Okay, I had a couple of samples from Prai and I didn't ask for it just was inquiring on that particular product, but I'm not that lady from FB.
And it was mentioned earlier on here that quite a few people were walking around with P Kingsley bags which was in everyone's faces kind of. I had no other samples given to me at the BB only Prai. Other brands were giving away flyers :)))) and my favourite one was Ultrasun it has all the TSV dates and the idea what would be in them plus BOTM product.
I don't understand all the secrecy of some brands about upcoming TSVs and the Alpha H lady (not Michelle) drives me bonkers with being so secretive about it. At the last year BB the TSV was a couple of weeks away and she wouldn't tell.
And when I was shown the Benefit new mascara brush I asked if I could feel it so she said I could keep it :)))) probably for the hygiene reasons

I was given a Prai product too but I was chatting with the lady for a while and mentioned which products I had or hadn't used. I hope they won't get slapped wrists for it. I imagine Kathy made an executive decision to give products to genuine customers even if they weren't allowed to openly hand them out to everyone. It was a similar senario with the brand where DD and I were treated like shoplifters; we'd been discussing the brand for quite a while and both my teenager and I (50+) had had brilliant results with the product which was impressive given our v different skintypes. DD's results were so good her brother asked if he could use it too (stands back in amazement!). We weren't even schmoozing to wangle a freebie. And the brand rep was nearly as embarrassed as we were when the lady told us to step away from the products.

When the format of the January event changed the name changed from NYNY to BB. This year's BB was significantly different from the one last year so maybe they should have made that clearer. Maybe if they'd kept the goody bag (which is controlled by QVC) as generous as previous years I'd have felt better, but the cumulative factors of the stingy goody bag, the lack of samples and the withdrawl of the raffle really took the edge off for me.

we'd been discussing the brand for quite a while and both my teenager and I (50+) had had brilliant results with the product which was impressive given our v different skintypes. DD's results were so good her brother asked if he could use it too (stands back in amazement!).
I'm so curious about the wonder product Akimbo :)

Latest posts

Back