Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was shocked to get an invite today in the post
I won tickets a few years ago & went with my daughter
But won't get the time off work to go this time.

What time and date Bluebell? Only asking coz of my being "fully booked" message I got when I phoned to RSVP.

Last edited:
I've been invited for the Thursday morning session. Anyone going to that one? Would love to meet up!

Came home to an empty doormat for the past 2 days :( Went 2 years ago. loved it. Obviously I am not spending as much on beauty any more so probably a good thing :)

I am still waiting ..... post.jpg

Does anyone know how to find out your membership number for qvc? I've looked online on account information and on emails sent to me but can't find reference to it anywhere. Shall I just phone up and ask, it's really annoying me.

It's at the top right of the invoices that come with your parcels, it's also above your name and address on the tear-off return bit of the label. HTH.

Seems like I'm not the only one who got shafted for tickets to the BB. Quite a few other ppl got invites and tried to phone in and were told (by recorded msg) that it was closed and "hope to see you soon at a future event". This is QVC at it's worst imo. Why the heck would you send out invites, knowing full well that you've over-capacitated a time/day slot. One person I know received an invite yesterday morning, got home from work at 6pm, immediately phoned up only to get the above msg. I see that QVC are replying on FB saying "tickets will be available for purchase on our website in December". How can they say that, when invited ppl have been shut out? This makes me so mad for those ppl who genuinely wanted to go and are now gutted. What do you lovely peeps think about this and what would you do?

I'm sure there are thousands of customers who would love a chance to attend the BB. I think QVC should just sell all the tickets at a nominal price, say £10.00 and give everyone a chance who has never been before to buy them rather than sending out invites to people in the far flung corners of the British Isles who have no intention of going or can't get to London. That way they would know exactly how many tickets were sold and their membership numbers so they would give everyone a fair chance of going and not the same people year after year. I'm sure there are people who get an invite and don't bother to reply or say they are going then not turn up. At least QVC would know the numbers and not disappoint people who have received and invite but can't confirm as it is already full.

Seems like I'm not the only one who got shafted for tickets to the BB. Quite a few other ppl got invites and tried to phone in and were told (by recorded msg) that it was closed and "hope to see you soon at a future event". This is QVC at it's worst imo. Why the heck would you send out invites, knowing full well that you've over-capacitated a time/day slot. One person I know received an invite yesterday morning, got home from work at 6pm, immediately phoned up only to get the above msg. I see that QVC are replying on FB saying "tickets will be available for purchase on our website in December". How can they say that, when invited ppl have been shut out? This makes me so mad for those ppl who genuinely wanted to go and are now gutted. What do you lovely peeps think about this and what would you do?

To be fair Preebs, from your original post I got the impression that you were not overly happy with the date and time you were given. The letter did mention to call as soon as possible because the event is popular and gets full quickly. My impression is that you did not call until the next day - please forgive me if I have got this wrong. You asked what we would do, I would count myself very lucky that I had been twice already and just accept that this time someone else got a free ticket. If I really wanted to go, i would purchase a ticket in December.

I really hope this does not appear harsh. Organisations often send out more tickets than are available. Recently my daughter got tickets to go and watch a BBC recording of 'The Apprentice You're fired'. On the letter we were told to come early as there were limited seats available and it would be first come served. We got there about an hour before and there was a huge queue. Unfortunately we did not get in but were given priority tickets for the following week. Of course I was disappointed, but we had a brilliant time the following week when we were guaranteed seats as long as we were there on time.

Last edited:
I think people get confused as the invite is really a draw and you need to phone up straight away. Also it depends on your post when the damn thing will come.

The US version, you pay for a ticket, but there are a limited amount available. So they put up the phone lines are open between X and Y, and its first come first served. So people know there is a time slot for phoning up and the quicker they phone the more chance they have of actually buying a ticket.

I've never been to the BB and haven't been invited so am wondering about how I can find out when the tickets will be on sale ? I don't do FB and I don't read QVC blogs etc or buy the Daily Mail...... Any advice would be welcome thanks

I've never been to the BB and haven't been invited so am wondering about how I can find out when the tickets will be on sale ? I don't do FB and I don't read QVC blogs etc or buy the Daily Mail...... Any advice would be welcome thanks

Hi SparkleyAndrea, last year I found out about it on this forum, and was able to get through on the phone line to order a ticket. They have mentioned December, so maybe just keep a look out.

My Mum got an invite letter but by the time she had given it to me and I managed to call the number I got the recorded message like many on here saying the event was full.

I was all for buying tickets when they become available, but I too noticed that there won't be any samples on the stands this year (as per the small print of the letter), so I'll be honest, I'm not so sure now - I liked getting all the samples last year. It's what I spent most of my time doing.

Really???? Oh, naughty naughty. So you get a goodie bag at the end and no idea what products are in it. You cannot ask at the stands how to use products you are really interested in and get a sample of that.

Any events I have gone to you get to see photos of the actual items in the goodie bag. That way decide is it worth me going.

To be honest I'm not surprised that they're stopping giving out samples, last year my sister pointed out a bloke walking round the Beauty Bash with a huge tote bag full to the brim with samples, would hazard a guess that a lot of it ended up on EBay!

To be honest I'm not surprised that they're stopping giving out samples, last year my sister pointed out a bloke walking round the Beauty Bash with a huge tote bag full to the brim with samples, would hazard a guess that a lot of it ended up on EBay!

There's always one spoils it for everyone else.

Latest posts

Back