Beauty Bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had a fantastic day at the BB yesterday. The presenters and the guests, who l met, couldn't have been more helpful or generous with their time. Alison young is tiny in real life. I'm 5 3" and we were on a par height wise so without her heels I'd reckon she is about 5ft or just over. Charlie is quite tall and very slim. He was better looking in the flesh than on tv I thought. Julia is also tiny and still going on about her hair cut lol. Oh, and that her daughter helped fill the goody bags.

Leighton Denny was lovely, very generous with his time, taking as many photos as you wanted and giving advice. Also got to see the Friend of Dorothy collection which has been created by one of his FB angels and it looks stunning. As does his S/S collection. Personally I wouldn't go for the bright blue or lime green but I know I will buy the 3 other colours. Had a ring finger manicure with Coconutty and Message in a bottle from the collection. Keeley was very friendly and again generous with her time and expertise. She gave me some great tips and advice about my routine. SJ got me booked in for a BE make over advised how best to use some products for my skin.

Best of all was the Sarah Chapman facial and consultation I had. OMG! My skin isn't the best with acne scarring, open pores and a sallowness. My skin radiated afterwords looked dewy and just great, even though I say so myself lol.

In my goody bag I had a Perricone set, SBC shower gel, Tova body butter, Ojon set, Philip Kingsley, Philosophy (they have a new fragrance in the TSV Summer Grace, smelt nice) OPI Polish and remover, Elemis, Gatineau Laura geller, BE buxom lips, Jemima Kidd, and some various sachets. I don't want to appear ungrateful because i am very happy with I got. But I thought all the goody bags would be the same but they weren't. No L'Occitane, Leighton Denny, NI, or Decleor. Yet my friend had all those in her goody bag and more.

My friend won the Gatineau raffle, what a great prize of 6 full size products

004.jpg002.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a lovely time Tangle foot...quite envy you the Sarah Chapman facial although it would take quite some work for my skin to look dewy! Glad you enjoyed yourself & came away with some goodies too...

My Beauty Bash Report

Went with my DD and we had a great day despite the long trek!
It wasnt clear for folks who hadnt been before what actually happened, some of the places booked you in for treatments and some you had to Q for, I feel it could be better organised
Am disappointed that goody bags contained different things, although my DD got exactly the same as me except the colour of the buxom lip gloss.
Cant list it all as I had to leave some stuff in London with my sister as restricted by liquids on the aircraft!
Some brands only gave you goodies if you went up and spoke to them
I got a sample (15ml) of aroma cleanse from Decleor (they were in a fish bowl on the table but the lady gave us them as soon as we went near the table, LD was lovely and my DD got his autograph and he asked if she wanted a picture which she had and he asked if we got a goodie bag which we hadnt so he got someone to get some more they contained 20ml of hand defence
We spoke to the lady at LE and she gave us a 30ml C&P and muslin cloth, was going to get a hand massage but we had just had our nails painted so was going to go back later but didnt have time,
we spoke to PK but the lady there said we would get something in our goody bag at the end - 40ml elasticizer.
Elemis had loads of sample sachets on the table for folks to help themselves to,
We spoke to the lady at the loccitane stand at the end about the AD TSV but no samples there that I could see.

Was having the elemis mini facial when they announced the AY seminar so it wasnt clear where or what it was all about but went along to it, missed the start but a lady called Sue was talking about a new range called ESPA which is a british company and then the perfume buyer talked and then AY said she was doing one to one questions but I didnt bother with that.
Went to see the ESPA range which looks quite good, it is airing on 24th Feb at 6pm

Treatments I had done
Nails painted by OPI, seated B,N & shoulders from Decleor
Mini facial from elemis and waited about an hour to get my eyebrows threaded from the girls from Shavata, spoke to Shavata she was lovely as DD wasnt sure about getting her eyebrows done and she was very friendly and put her at ease.

Sorry I forgot about the LD goody bag and ESPA - had a small moisturiser in my bag.

I agree with you Bluebell it wasn't clear on what happened if you hadn't been before. And yes, Shavata was very friendly, unfortunately I didn't have time to have my eyebrows done. I also spoke to the lady from Clarisonic who was very helpful, advising me on the settings which would be better for my skin type. Unfortunately, she didn't know when the Deep Pore cleansing head would be available but it is available from Space NK now. I feel a trip ointo town coming on lol.

Sounds like you all had a good time.
Excuse my ignorance as I'm new to all this but how do you get tickets to the Beauty Bash?

Sounds like you all had a good time.
Excuse my ignorance as I'm new to all this but how do you get tickets to the Beauty Bash?

If you don't get invited directly then there is a draw you can enter and see if you get lucky. It was a web form to fill in and I was dead chuffed to get picked! :)

From reading replies here, it seems that there were more presenters at the afternoon session. Unless I just wasn't looking in the right places, Kathy and Alison were there but I didn't see any of the others. With the exception of Will, Mr Interactive. We chatted with him for a while about all sorts of things. He was really pleasant and friendly and very natural. It was also nice to chat with Emma Hardie again too as she is really lovely, as is Leighton who always makes everyone feel like a friend. It all made for a great day out.

Last edited:
love the facebook piccies it looked like a lot of fun. alison young had some really fab shoes on in orange she looked nice imo...

I didnt see Charlie and Julia either Moth, I was there in the morning session
so I am guessing they were just in in the afternoon

the samples look nice to try the decleor kit would make a nice gift...

No, it's mine all mine, ha ha ha ha

Yes. I saw Julia and Charlie there in the afternoon. I also recognised some of the models - the blonde one who Laura geller always uses (Amanda?), Malintha and Amica. I also had chat with Leighton Denny's model about some products.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

i have me melintha she is soo stunning and really friendly its nice to meet people that you see on screen lol! nice to see that amica is around. wish her all the best x

Seems Leighton Denny is wonderful and so friendly reading reports etc. Even replied to each and every post on his facebook page too, answering questions etc.

Leighton always replies to posts on his Facebook page, giving advice, tips and teasing about new products. He also asked who was going to am/pm sessions and on which days.

I forgot to mention that Lulu was there on Wed pm. I'm not a fan and have never tried her products. She was stood quite close to me, talking to Julia, and by heck a sight of those cheeks close up eeekkk!! So puffed out that they make her eye sockets look sunken in and going towards her ears there's lots of little bumps, like the injections haven't been massaged in correctly.:devil::wink:

Latest posts

Back