Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jame Reed, bless him! DD and I met him at the Beauty Bash and although he was charming he was shamelessly name-dropping for the whole 20 minutes we were talking to him. I couldn't catch my daughter's eye because I knew we'd start laughing! Then followed an amusing parody with us stating that Catherine the Great, Gengis Khan and Cleopatra also used his stuff, hopefully we were out of earshot! :mysmilie_15:

He was quite shameless in the name-dropping which also equally amused me at the time. However, I was upset not to find the promised sample in either the bag I got at the BB or the other one I received for doing the app customer research. So, I dropped him at note via his Facebook page expressing my disappointment and asking if I could have a sample to try. Didn't hear a word until the weekend, when I got a message advising me of the offer coming up but without any reference to the comments I'd made. This contrasted starkly with Cathy from Prai, who has gone up in my estimation considerably following my experience at the BB. I also contacted her with a question after the BB and recieved both an answer and a full size product, sent from America with a hand-written note from Cathy directly.

BTW, the company that makes the James Read product also makes Joan Collins and Leighton Denny :)

That's cheeky of him, disappointing customer care.
So we are back to the Eco Tan formula then, sold under a different brand name yet. My 99p Superdrug thingy was equal in performance with James Read minus the smell in the morning and it was 200 ml (body product).

Just spotted this which I might try next time I'm in Superdrug: http://www.superdrug.com/face-make-up/solait-bb-5-in-1-bronzing-cream-150ml/invt/678350&bklist=

I used their sun lotion with tan accelerator last year and it was excellent.

Back to the James Reed product, if it's too strong a colour I'd try something else. Whereas with body fake tan it's possible to blend in a squirt of body lotion to lessen the depth of tan, I wouldn't be confident of successfully mixing in a facial moisturiser with the JR product because the textures might not be compatible. Having a fake tan disaster on your body is bad enough but I wouldn't risk it on my face. (Alpha H Liquid Gold is good for reducing fake tan on the face).

Sounds like it may be Spackle supersize then or Bronze-n-Brighten supersize, just a guess.
Or can it possibly be BnB in duo as Laura said it cannot be made in supersize because it breaks?

They keep saying, that this they are going to run out of the James Reed tan for April. What will happen if they do run out.?

Oh well, nothing ventured...thanks for reporting back, it doesn't sound like something I'd use either.

I might actually go for this as I usually use the tan in the summer and I don't have any at the mo. In fact it did cross my mind for a fleeting second to get a medium as well to have for when the one I have runs out. I normally get it when it's in a TSV but I fell out with the last one and sent it back. Even on FleaBay I can't seem to find B&B on its own for less than £20-25 ish when the postage is factored in so the price for this, with the mini and the brush doesn't actually seem bad.
Anyone know when the next TSV is?

Thanks to Autumn's various heads up I was actually geared up for this! Just ordered my usual Fair as I put a bronzer powder over the top in Summer if too pale. I use the Superdrug solait range mentioned above but not the cream. The powder bronzer does face and body and the lighter shade is good if used sparingly.

Latest posts

Back