Beware of Nasty Prai

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Ran out of eye cream so I ordered the Prai TSV because it looked like good value. I should have known better. After two uses of the eye cream, my eyes are now red raw and swollen. They are so puffed up that my colleague remarked on it this morning - she thought I had a sty. My eyes are red hot too - I can't wait for John Lewis to open tomorrow so I can buy some LE Eyebright. And as for the smell of this product - cheap and synthetic. That will teach me to stick to my Elemis and Decleor. Incidentally, I very rarely react to any product. Nasty horrible Prai will be winging it's way back to QVC tomorrow.

cosmetics are such a personal thing. You can react to something another person would not or just in the combination it is, and esp the eye area is very sensitive. It can depend on so many factors, that even if you have used something before it can cause a reaction after a while. Its horrible when you get a reaction like that though but it does not mean that Prai is nasty, it just does not suit you sadly

You're so right BurlZ. I've never really got on with lunar or inter-planetary skin care. The eyes are still stinging this morning but have bathed them and they're not too bad. Imagine rocking up to A&E with bulging red eyes and telling them it was the Martian dust that did it! Tis a shame because I really wanted to like this product. Glad others are getting on with it. Didn't try the face products - they might have been fine but I can't risk it now.

cosmetics are such a personal thing. You can react to something another person would not or just in the combination it is, and esp the eye area is very sensitive. It can depend on so many factors, that even if you have used something before it can cause a reaction after a while. Its horrible when you get a reaction like that though but it does not mean that Prai is nasty, it just does not suit you sadly

Yep, that's why there are a zillion different 'miracle' brands with a zillions of different followers. I've used Prai (a previous TSV) with no adverse reaction, but wouldn't buy again as it didn't 'do' anything special for my skin.

Many moons ago I used to use Gatineau, but when they introduced the Melatogenine range my skin flared up so badly I've never touched Gatineau since. No reflection on Gatineau as a poor product, it was just not for my skin.

i bought a TSV a while ago as she kept on & on about only having 2 things in it....like the fool that i am i bought it.............there was a goodly amount in it but it read like a chemist shop.....sent it back on pricipal and asked what were the 2 ingredients [ stoll waiting fior reply ] .............sorry that i cant take to the lady now & stick 2 fingers up at her like she did the whole time i watched a while back at us ,the viewer....only 2 things & up went her 2 fingers close together though....lol...shame really

must admit that I did not take to her at all and did not buy the TSV. I got annoyed with her canstatnt use of "girls" and "ladies" never mind the psydo "scientific " evidence she presented. Oh that gets right up my nose

must admit that I did not take to her at all and did not buy the TSV. I got annoyed with her canstatnt use of "girls" and "ladies" never mind the psydo "scientific " evidence she presented. Oh that gets right up my nose

Exactly what many of us have said in the past - you'll fit in fine Wildrose QPxx

Ran out of eye cream so I ordered the Prai TSV because it looked like good value. I should have known better. After two uses of the eye cream, my eyes are now red raw and swollen. They are so puffed up that my colleague remarked on it this morning - she thought I had a sty. My eyes are red hot too - I can't wait for John Lewis to open tomorrow so I can buy some LE Eyebright. And as for the smell of this product - cheap and synthetic. That will teach me to stick to my Elemis and Decleor. Incidentally, I very rarely react to any product. Nasty horrible Prai will be winging it's way back to QVC tomorrow.

There is nothing worse than when eyes flare up and become red and inflamed - i hope things improve soon Ciociariax Did you go too near the eye lid/tear duct?, as very few eye products can be used very near the eyelid - funny you mention Elemis/Decleor(those are my prefered brands) as both of their eye products can be used right up to the eyelid. Thanks gawd for QVC's money back guarantee eh!! QP

This thread is a resounding thumbs up for the QVC mbg. Oh dear looks like I've talked myself into buying more cosmetics and skin care :taphead:

Welcome back KTWB you've been missed :heart:

Awww: thanks! :bow:

Now, my concern is HOW does PRAI get away with saying their products contain "Martian minerals"? PRAI's b**locks (sorry, I mean "marketing strategy") revolves around the fact that they've stuck a load of a form of iron oxide (haematite to you and me) in their products, and NASA have detected this same iron oxide on Mars.

Therefore, PRAI's goop contains Martian minerals, right?

Wrong: they can only be Martian if they were mined/sourced from the red planet. This iron oxide is from Brazil (which they do state, but only in passing and not to the extent they go on about this alleged "Mars link"), where it occurs naturally. And in other parts of the Earth, too.

NASA has detected water on Mars, plus have speculated that some of Saturn's moons contain water. By PRAI's reckoning, ANY skincare manufacturer could apply their marketing "logic" and declare their ranges to be extraterrestrial too, just because they contain water!

Also, iron oxide is supposed to be an irritant to the skin: I found THIS article to be very interesting indeed.

Last edited:
Awww: thanks! :bow:

Now, my concern is HOW does PRAI get away with saying their products contain "Martian minerals"? PRAI's b**locks (sorry, I mean "marketing strategy") revolves around the fact that they've stuck a load of a form of iron oxide (haematite to you and me) in their products, and NASA have detected this same iron oxide on Mars.

Therefore, PRAI's goop contains Martian minerals, right?

Wrong: they can only be Martian if they were mined/sourced from the red planet. This iron oxide is from Brazil (which they do state, but only in passing and not to the extent they go on about this alleged "Mars link"), where it occurs naturally. And in other parts of the Earth, too.

NASA has detected water on Mars, plus have speculated that some of Saturn's moons contain water. By PRAI's reckoning, ANY skincare manufacturer could apply their marketing "logic" and declare their ranges to be extraterrestrial too, just because they contain water!

Also, iron oxide is supposed to be an irritant to the skin: I found THIS article to be very interesting indeed.

I don't understand why intergallactic concoctions, or claims of, should be good for our skin. We are not lizards, green, cycloptic, three headed, have liittle fingers sticking out at right angles or eat mice (well not on a bad day anyway!) :dull:

That's actually a really interesting article and you do get a full ingredient listing of this literal actual special for you formula at the bottom of the page. First glance it's just water/alcohols/silicones and their magical mystery ingreejunt. So it's not really any different to many other products on the market is it...?

I actually had some PRAI samples from http://www.latestinbeauty.co.uk a couple of years ago, the eye cream and a hand cream. The eye cream gave me a funny reaction, not as bad as the original poster suffered, but a reaction nonetheless, again, the ingredient list was just chemical after chemical, silicone etc...nothing special and certainly nothing worth paying over the odds for...

Latest posts

Back