Can we trust EVERYTHING she says?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just keep your skin clean. Moisturise it with what makes it feel comfortable. Stay out of the sun too much, use sunscreen if you do. Drink plenty fluids and get enough sleep.

Anti ageing creams do not work. But it seems you all know that already.

When I spoke to AY we were only talking about colour cosmetics, she did not give a preference on skincare. She seemed genuine and pleasant.

Ali always used to say she'd never be without a bottle of Calyx! Hhhhmmmn!

Jude xx

I remember her saying that she always used Lolita Lempicka and her husband would sniff the bottle to remind himself of her! (Seem to remember the Gale Hayman presenter used a similar line about the GH fragrance she was flogging)

I remember her saying that she always used Lolita Lempicka and her husband would sniff the bottle to remind himself of her! (Seem to remember the Gale Hayman presenter used a similar line about the GH fragrance she was flogging)
Ahhh well times have changed allegedly Scouser, it's Mally & Mark Jacobs all the way now :) Well it was last I heard anyway.

I find it hard to believe that there are still people who believe in the power of skin care, if it was that good we would not need plastic surgery, or it would be on prescription

NO NO NO, you'll be saying next that the Tooth Fairy and Santa don't exist either .... I'm not listening lah lah lah
Let a girl dream please!!!

The beauty days are wearing a bit thin with me. Iv had a lot of the other channels on today. I think theres way too many beauty brands at qvc but guess the beauty department is the biggest seller. I used to be bored with craft but now there is hardly any craft left, I miss it.

Ahhh well times have changed allegedly Scouser, it's Mally & Mark Jacobs all the way now :) Well it was last I heard anyway.

True.
But if you had asked me a year ago it would have been Elemis and Laura Geller. And L'Occitane

2 years before that Bobbi Brown and Liz Earle. And L'Occitane.

2 years before that Molton Brown, Liz Earle, Gatineau floracil and I forget what make up.

We change our minds.

I am a year into Emma Hardie and Mally. Because of the kids I bet it will be used up before I can be arsed to chop and change again.

True.
But if you had asked me a year ago it would have been Elemis and Laura Geller. And L'Occitane

2 years before that Bobbi Brown and Liz Earle. And L'Occitane.

2 years before that Molton Brown, Liz Earle, Gatineau floracil and I forget what make up.

We change our minds.

I am a year into Emma Hardie and Mally. Because of the kids I bet it will be used up before I can be arsed to chop and change again.

But that's what they bank on and are encouraging WG after all if they waited for you to use it up they would have a fraction of the sales.... with the frequency of Beauty hours you'd have to change or have a serious problem with hoarding.

DJ I swear my stockpile consists of L'Occitane soap and handcream and EH cleanser now. Maybe I have a couple of spare shower gels. My make up is in 2 ordinary sized bags.

I am ruthless, and on a mission. If I buy now I have to sell on ebay to pay for it.

In the past- another story entirely.

I don't use any of Q's beauty ranges because now L'Occitane's lost their cruelty-free accreditation, as far as I can establish none of Q's ranges are cruelty-free. Not animal testing the finished product is a clever ploy but it doesn't make the product cruelty-free. And no way will I put more money into LE's coffers after she sold her faithful cruelty-free customers up the river to Avon. Can't consider LE products to be cruelty-free when their profits go to a company that tests on animals.

Personally I use a lot of Neal's Yard, particularly love their frankincense range.

Last edited:
NO NO NO, you'll be saying next that the Tooth Fairy and Santa don't exist either .... I'm not listening lah lah lah
Let a girl dream please!!!
Listen to me very carefully: There is nothing wrong with self delusion!!!!!
I am 36 and have been - and will be - for years, so if you want to believe in Santa, Tooth fairy and the power of skin care: you go girl!
and use what suits your skin, just do not fall for the "uber" hype :thinking::taphead:

Latest posts

Back