Bibby - Moving On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
saw her this tea time (albeit with DF who is always a downer) but the Bibster was upbeat, tanned, husky-voiced (no doubt due to some punching-machine induced tiredness), and most importantly THIN!.

classic case of the dumpee taking herself in hand and showing the world and more importantly the ex how fabulous she is. remember vanessa feltz?

go dawn! :giggle:

I saw DB on with Anthony to day, and I didn't notice any difference apart from her voice.
Come to think I never watch said Lady so how would I know if she has changed for the better. Me and craft just dont mix.:mysmilie_845: Still if she is moving on with her life...good on her!:up:

So did we ever deduce if this thing which "rocked" Dawn to the core was that A-her husband was gay? or B-he cheated on her? or C-he is actually a lizard person, a la V?

Because if it was just the fact that he cheated on her I dunno how this could "rock" her so, as women are making this discovery every minute of the day somewhere on this planet.

If it's that he is gay, I can understand her being "rocked" a little bit, but this is not an unusual occurrance, albeit less frequent than your vanilla hetero cheating scenario.

If in fact JJ is a lizard-man, then I totally get it and can see why she's had to dust herself down, shift some weight and start all over again, that'd be a bit of a body-blow to anyone.

missed something

saw her this tea time (albeit with DF who is always a downer) but the Bibster was upbeat, tanned, husky-voiced (no doubt due to some punching-machine induced tiredness), and most importantly THIN!.

classic case of the dumpee taking herself in hand and showing the world and more importantly the ex how fabulous she is. remember vanessa feltz?

go dawn! :giggle:

i seem to have missed something over the last while either on tv or here, did dawn and jj split up ? its tough especially as she is on tv and everyone knows about her wedding and her partner / ex partner:heartbroke::heartbroke::heartbroke:. all the best either way , not a crafter but enjoyed watching the shows.

I'm not a crafter so know nothing about Bibby and avoid all Bibby stuff usually so can someone fill me in on the gossip? What's happened?

Because if it was just the fact that he cheated on her I dunno how this could "rock" her so, as women are making this discovery every minute of the day somewhere on this planet.

The fact that it's a frequent occurrence doesn't make it less shocking to the individual concerned.

People get diagnosed with cancer every day, all round the world. I doubt if that has any effect on the feelings of the person sitting in the doctor's office being told the worst, do you?

I would be shocked to hear that JJ was gay, as I know someone who knew him irl-who said he was a dreaful letch, really creepy and 'all hands' around women. I wouldn't say Dawn looked thin yesterday but her hips certainly looked slimmer. I do feel for people who are in the public eye in these situations-it's humilating enough to have someone cheat on you or suddenly ditch you, without it being public knowledge. I can also see how someone whould be 'rocked' shocked or devastated in her situation-if whatever happened came out of the blue, and she had tjought they were happy then I think it's totally understandable that she decribed being rocked to the core-by the one person you trust your most intimate thoughts and actions to and who you never expect to hurt you. So I have to dissagree with you, Benfong.

I love Dawnie (craig-ism)
But i ain't bothered if she's married, single, gay, straight ,married to a lizard man or anything. i just like her craft, i do think she shouldn't have brought her OH on craft shows with her , just the same as many of the other presenters- i'm just not interested in their private lives, sometimes i feel like shouting "just show us the stuff" and don't tell us that your great aunty twice removed once owned a carpet in exactly that colour GRRRRRR!
Get over yourselves and be sales people not richard and bloomin' judy!! (not that i have any strong feelings on this topic or anything!)

I would be shocked to hear that JJ was gay, as I know someone who knew him irl-who said he was a dreaful letch, really creepy and 'all hands' around women. I wouldn't say Dawn looked thin yesterday but her hips certainly looked slimmer. I do feel for people who are in the public eye in these situations-it's humilating enough to have someone cheat on you or suddenly ditch you, without it being public knowledge. I can also see how someone whould be 'rocked' shocked or devastated in her situation-if whatever happened came out of the blue, and she had tjought they were happy then I think it's totally understandable that she decribed being rocked to the core-by the one person you trust your most intimate thoughts and actions to and who you never expect to hurt you. So I have to dissagree with you, Benfong.

Funnily enough, I find myself disagreeing with most of the stuff Benfong says! :taphead: :sweat:

I love Dawnie (craig-ism)
But i ain't bothered if she's married, single, gay, straight ,married to a lizard man or anything. i just like her craft, i do think she shouldn't have brought her OH on craft shows with her , just the same as many of the other presenters- i'm just not interested in their private lives, sometimes i feel like shouting "just show us the stuff" and don't tell us that your great aunty twice removed once owned a carpet in exactly that colour GRRRRRR!
Get over yourselves and be sales people not richard and bloomin' judy!! (not that i have any strong feelings on this topic or anything!)

I agree! If the presenters and guests mentioned their family less often this awkwardness wouldn't happen. I don't mean that they have to pretend they don't exist, but they should be mentioned only when relevant to what is being presented. If at all.

Oh, so are we deducing that this is what happened?, coz I still don't know what "rocked her to the core", however, my equilibrium would be far more upset by the lizard-man option.

Funnily enough, I find myself disagreeing with most of the stuff Benfong says! :taphead: :sweat:

And the world is a richer place for it.:clapping:

The fact that it's a frequent occurrence doesn't make it less shocking to the individual concerned.

People get diagnosed with cancer every day, all round the world. I doubt if that has any effect on the feelings of the person sitting in the doctor's office being told the worst, do you?

Whoops, sorry must have missed this post , otherwise I'd have included it with my earlier reply.

Well, I don't equate a cancer diagnosis and being cheated on, in terms of shock-ability.

It's a given that a man will cheat, it's not a given that someone is going to get cancer.

A man is only as faithful as his opportunities.............. REMEMBER THIS, it will stand you in good stead,lol

Now of course there are a percentage who can override their natural programming and they do it successfully, to them I give kudos.:up:

Well, I don't equate a cancer diagnosis and being cheated on, in terms of shock-ability.

It's a given that a man will cheat, it's not a given that someone is going to get cancer.

Cancer cells do not, as a rule, make a promise to you that they will cherish you and look out for you and that you can therefore let down your guard and trust them. The shock of discovering cancer is severe, but it is not compounded by a sense of betrayal, which is searingly painful in a way that physical illness is not. If you don't believe that, then I can only assume that you haven't had to experience these miseries yourself.

It is certainly NOT a given that a man will cheat; the gloomy statistic that 60% of marriages will experience infidelity implies that 40% of them WON'T. And many of those 60% failures will count as infidelity because a new relationship is started before the sick marriage is legally ended - i.e. it's closer to serial monogamy than to infidelity. The idea that men are constitutionally incapable of being faithful to one women is a self-fulfilling prophecy that does us few favours as a society.

I'm not interested in craft or DB, but her weight loss is typically what happens to spouses who discover they've been cheated on when they had no prior suspicions. It's called the Infidelity Diet - an inability to hold down anything but pills and coffee, and a constantly thudding heart and racing metabolism. She'll put it back on, eventually.

Cancer cells do not, as a rule, make a promise to you that they will cherish you and look out for you and that you can therefore let down your guard and trust them. The shock of discovering cancer is severe, but it is not compounded by a sense of betrayal, which is searingly painful in a way that physical illness is not. If you don't believe that, then I can only assume that you haven't had to experience these miseries yourself.

It is certainly NOT a given that a man will cheat; the gloomy statistic that 60% of marriages will experience infidelity implies that 40% of them WON'T. And many of those 60% failures will count as infidelity because a new relationship is started before the sick marriage is legally ended - i.e. it's closer to serial monogamy than to infidelity. The idea that men are constitutionally incapable of being faithful to one women is a self-fulfilling prophecy that does us few favours as a society.

I'm not interested in craft or DB, but her weight loss is typically what happens to spouses who discover they've been cheated on when they had no prior suspicions. It's called the Infidelity Diet - an inability to hold down anything but pills and coffee, and a constantly thudding heart and racing metabolism. She'll put it back on, eventually.

Firstly, don't assume anything, ever.

Secondly, thank you for "schooling" me on the finer points of this esoteric disease called cancer, I 've never heard of it before, but now I consider myself filled in.

60% experience infidelity according to your stats.

I would suggest of the remaining 40%, that there are 30% who just haven't found out or choose to ignore.

I'm paraphrasing here as I forget who said it(it was a man) but it goes something like this "men would be shocked and appalled at other men's sex lives".

:mysmilie_845:

Just a few words in defence of the absent JJ. Have met him several times and always found him to be very pleasent and always had time to have a friendly chat.Sorry to all you DB fanatics...but she did seem to 'talk down' to him.and treat him in an off hand way. But as the saying goes 'nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors' There are always two sides to every story.

Noticed three or four weeks ago that she wasn't wearing her wedding ring.....didn't see her today, did any one else notice it?

Latest posts

Back