Bid on ebay for broken items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

really?

a company that regularly sells products for a 1p and a £1 being worried about being seen to sell seconds?

As i have said (which you have ignored) there are many companies who sell through a different name on ebay and/or other sites

really?

a company that regularly sells products for a 1p and a £1 being worried about being seen to sell seconds?

As i have said (which you have ignored) there are many companies who sell through a different name on ebay and/or other sites

But we are not talking about other companies. Two wrongs don't make a right either.

you asked why would they sell under another name? I have told you it is a very common business practice especially online

were did i say i thought it was right?

you asked why would they sell under another name? I have told you it is a very common business practice especially online

were did i say i thought it was right?

I never said that I thought you agreed. I meant that just because one company does it it doesn't mean another should. You are over analysing me.

PJ

That is very kind of you PJ

to make life a lot easier i think i will revert back to being against bid and blaming them for world peace, Mandelas imminent death and andy murray losing the final at wimbledon.

That is very kind of you PJ

to make life a lot easier i think i will revert back to being against bid and blaming them for world peace, Mandelas imminent death and andy murray losing the final at wimbledon.

I wonder how much a broken record would sell for on eBay?

No idea i do not use ebay

Please make me aware what you get for it though

No broken record here just a changed opinion

I wonder how much a broken record would sell for on eBay?

I wonder if Ocean Tree will ever have any half full Panjaban jars or the chutneys with visible signs of Dorito crumbs in the pot? Or Whizzy Mops that have been used?

But I wouldn't go near any of those support pants if they were on sale, there's nothing worse than a dodgy gusset.

Last edited:
Just received an item purchased off ebay from ocean_treetrading (I presume thats Bid?) the item says "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable)." on the listing yet the plastic has all been cut obviously to take the item out. I presume its a return? I'm not too fussed as the item works correctly but its a good job I didn't buy it as a gift. I left good feedback as the item was cheap & delivered swiftly.

Just received an item purchased off ebay from ocean_treetrading (I presume thats Bid?) the item says "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable)." on the listing yet the plastic has all been cut obviously to take the item out. I presume its a return? I'm not too fussed as the item works correctly but its a good job I didn't buy it as a gift. I left good feedback as the item was cheap & delivered swiftly.

You have to be so careful with retailers on ebay don't you Mr M?

It was only a tenner but I bought a replacement Sky+ remote on ebay that had the same 'new' description as your item but when I got it there were superficial scratches on it, it wasn't in a box nor did it have a leaflet with the codes to program it to control the TV.

But much like your item it worked fine, it's still naughty though.

You have to be so careful with retailers on ebay don't you Mr M?

It was only a tenner but I bought a replacement Sky+ remote on ebay that had the same 'new' description as your item but when I got it there were superficial scratches on it, it wasn't in a box nor did it have a leaflet with the codes to program it to control the TV.

But much like your item it worked fine, it's still naughty though.

Indeed, I have been stung a few times on ebay. The worst occasion was when I purchased a drill from a trader in Manchester.... I received a car wheel lol. It must of cost him more than the items value in postage. My main issue with ebay is things getting broken in delivery, I've got to the point where I feel its just not worth the hassle to buy any item that could get damaged. Another point is that you don't know if the item was actually working/perfect condition when it was sent.. so you often get disputes which stretch for months with paypal getting involved. Its confusing as sometimes you have to claim from royal mail themselves.

My latest saga update from bid on Ebay also known as ocean tree trading

First the positive, good customer service, friendly and quick replies, can't complain about that so far :)

Got a call earlier in the week asking me to change some feedback, i'd left neutral because they cancelled the item with no communication but did refund, I felt this was fair feedback but they offered £5 if I changed it to positive, £5 compensation sounds fair to me so I have done, awaiting the £5 now

Also this week I ordered a couple of other things and what would you know for the second order in a row I've been sent the wrong things, the paperwork was for my items but the parcel had something totally different in it, contacted them, they have arranged to pick it up but my order is now going to be refunded and I've got to order it again, that's alll very well and good but they don't have the item on at the moment (I'm expecting my items to be returned to them so why they can't then send them I've no idea)

I'm not alone in getting the wrong thing, the feedback page is full of them, this is a lot of negative feedback they could easily avoid by just being more careful

First the positive, good customer service, friendly and quick replies, can't complain about that so far :)

Got a call earlier in the week asking me to change some feedback, i'd left neutral because they cancelled the item with no communication but did refund, I felt this was fair feedback but they offered £5 if I changed it to positive, £5 compensation sounds fair to me so I have done, awaiting the £5 now

Also this week I ordered a couple of other things and what would you know for the second order in a row I've been sent the wrong things, the paperwork was for my items but the parcel had something totally different in it, contacted them, they have arranged to pick it up but my order is now going to be refunded and I've got to order it again, that's alll very well and good but they don't have the item on at the moment (I'm expecting my items to be returned to them so why they can't then send them I've no idea)

I'm not alone in getting the wrong thing, the feedback page is full of them, this is a lot of negative feedback they could easily avoid by just being more careful

I think that is creepy bribing you to change your feedback especially when our feedback was very fair and IMHO could have rightly left negative rather than just neutral.

PJ

I guess if you're happy with the outcome then that is all that really matters Mega. However, it does worry me a bit that they potentially offer cash incentives to change feedback on an independent website they have no control over, especially when (unlike QVC and Ideal World) they don't offer the opportunity to provide any feedback whatsoever on their own websites.

Indeed, they have been known to delete and then block some customers who post negative feedback on their own facebook pages

You could be forgiven for thinking they have something to hide :confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back