Birchwood Update...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Just thought I'd post about what I found at Birchwood yesterday for anyone who's interested/thinking of taking a trip in the not too distant. I've only been a couple of times before but the place did have a bit of a different feel yesterday I thought. For a start it was dead. I know it was a Friday and there was around 3mm of snow on the ground (thus ensuring that various trains in and out of Manchester were suffering from shock and had been forced to go to the sidings for a lie down) but still, I expected it to be far busier this close to Chrimble.

Main items for sale - and there was quite a bit of it:

Plenty of Northern Nights as per, but also masses of Kim n Co Home bedding and a fair bit of Misery Guts Hoppen's range too

Speaking of which, her book was also there at a knock-down price (I did consider it as a wedding pressie for Kate and Wills...)

Orecks for £100

Jack the Lad juicers for £40, which isn't much less than the OTO the other night if I remember rightly

Those coin jar things

CDs - Billy Ocean, Charlotte Church, Susan Boyle, Beverley Knight - all except the Chelsea Pensioners which I wouldn't have minded actually

The whole right hand wall filled with vastly reduced Xmas 'decorations' (I use the term loosely)

Tons of jewellery of all kinds and with 50% off all size L rings (?!)

Lots of candles - Yankee, Prices, Milkhouse Creamery

A number of Steiff inc. a white button and a couple of Charlie Bears (Rhubarb and Crumble/Custard? Never seen them IRL before but they really are very well made - I was impressed)

Usual stacks of Cooks Essentials, bit of sillicone bakeware

A stand of contraptions designed to clean spectacles (?!)

Tova body lotion (but they wouldn't let me sniff it so I still don't know which particular can of Raid it resembles)

A number of Kipling bags

Racks and racks of clothes all at 70% off (and still nothing I'd be seen dead in, apols to QVC fashion lovers), inc. some Nina Leonard at £1.99, limited to 5 items per customer per day (cries of shame from the audience)

The thing that made me laugh aloud to smiles from fellow customers - zillions of the infamous QVC Calendar stacked in a massive container for £1.99 each (no limit per customer on that item I noted :grin:)

Sadly no Slankets or Emu boots (the latter's not my thing but I know many of you love them)

And finally, if you were the person who picked up the one and only KitchenAid approx 60 seconds before I entered the shop then I hope whatever you make with it chokes you :)wink: :giggle:)

My conclusion is that Le Q are struggling a bit...

Happy bargain-hunting everyone :wave:

Glad to hear your report !!! I have chuckled my way through it merrily this morning. Did you take a notebook to make a list of things???? Interesting what you said about it being quiet - on the train back yesterday, loads of people got on at Preston absolutely loaded down with Primark and Debenhams bags so the carriages were stuffed.

Good job I wasn't with you, knowing my penchant for NN....at least you haven't much to confess !!!

I wish it was me that made off the the Kitchen Aid:)

Think your list sums up pretty well what the Birchwood outlet always seems to have in. Mondays seem to be really busy - all those pensioners getting their 15% discount.

Lots of Kitchen Aid, Juicers and PED files in Shrewsbury.
85% off the shop price on all Christmas lines.

Was looking at the cooks essentials pots that still had food on them. I would have thought that they would have cleaned then first. When I took a closer loot at the boxes, they all still had the returns label with the senders address.

Was looking at the cooks essentials pots that still had food on them. I would have thought that they would have cleaned then first. When I took a closer loot at the boxes, they all still had the returns label with the senders address.

I have just ordered a CE saute pan and hope my very valued order has not stopped it being consigned to outlet, I want it virginal :doh: :sweat: :doh: :sweat: Not impressed in the least with peoples names being left on, hope their membership no. was removed :doh: :sweat: :doh: :sweat:

Latest posts

Back