Birkenstock TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I still think the TSV is boring and expensive. My money is safe. I like the black ond white TKMaxx ones for £22.99 in your link Jabba. I will see if they have any in my local branch.

I remember when QVC did their Birki TSV's for that sort of price.

From experience I do not get on with the ones that have the one strap attached to the indise of the sole, do not ask me why but I find it uncomfortable.
the choice at TKMax is ok, but very limited. so if you want anything different then you have to look elsewhere.
Birkenstocks make some some really good funky styles - and I do not mean the really expensive Heidi Klum ones, and I do not understand why we do not get them here on QVc but QVC US

the tk max ones are wierd. the shoe strap is on the inside that makes them seem like seconds or something. amazon and even qvc do some god prices in the sale. there are a few on last clicks. there is also a super bargain price menorca in the fushia patent on 2 easy pays which are lovely. my daughter has a pair and i am deeply envious. bought the white pearl but i really dont like them in taht colour. so will use them as beach shoes and may get the pink.
i have at least six pairs and as soon as its warm enough thats all i wear. uggs for winter all about comfort...

I bought a pair of birkis in the last clicks section back in February (I think) when someone on the forum alerted us to the reduced prices. They are my first pair and I'm looking forward to wearing them though I do think they are ugly.

ALERT! If you have ordered the TSV at £33.98 plus p&p phone CS and ask them to honour the price of £28.32 which is the price showing when you look at the item list for the launch and 7 and 8am shows. I can supply a screen dump as evidence if anyone reads this later when the price is altered. The £28.32 price is an advertised price and there is an "add to cart" button under this price so it's possible someone could rush thru an order without realising their basket total was at the higher price of £33.98. It's more than a fiver difference FFS!

Jude xx

boffy;559358[B said:
]the tk max ones are wierd. the shoe strap is on the inside[/B] that makes them seem like seconds or something. amazon and even qvc do some god prices in the sale. there are a few on last clicks. there is also a super bargain price menorca in the fushia patent on 2 easy pays which are lovely. my daughter has a pair and i am deeply envious. bought the white pearl but i really dont like them in taht colour. so will use them as beach shoes and may get the pink.
i have at least six pairs and as soon as its warm enough thats all i wear. uggs for winter all about comfort...

Thanks Boffy, I'm glad it's not just me, I've commented the TKMaxx ones aren't the same as mine.
I've tried to think what makes the one strap ones, different since this thread mentioned TKMaxx.
Yes the ones I've seen the strap does come from inside, the sole seems lighter in colour and much rounder around the toes.
In general they appear a cheaper relation.

Page dump shoing the lower TSV price!

Hope this helps if you've ordered at the higher price and if QVC really care about customer happiness they will honour the lower price though legally they may not be obliged to. Stand your ground on the phone to CS and suggest that you'll simply refuse delivery and cancel under the DSR if they won't refund the difference.

Jude xx

PS It just shows that the lower price was in the pipeline to be the TSV price and then they thought they could squeeze another fiver out of their buyers.

Attachments

• TSV.jpg
    TSV.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 173
ALERT! If you have ordered the TSV at £33.98 plus p&p phone CS and ask them to honour the price of £28.32 which is the price showing when you look at the item list for the launch and 7 and 8am shows. I can supply a screen dump as evidence if anyone reads this later when the price is altered. The £28.32 price is an advertised price and there is an "add to cart" button under this price so it's possible someone could rush thru an order without realising their basket total was at the higher price of £33.98. It's more than a fiver difference FFS!

Jude xx

Sharp spotting Jude.
Looks like it's been changed to the higher price now.

They've also increased the ordinary QVC price as well, from £36 to £44.....which is it QVC? Shame on you! Are you saying that the full price has gone up in the space of 9 hours?

OK so it's an error on the website but those figures must have come from somewhere. I'm so glad I don't need anymore Birkis, most of mine are from TK or sellers on ebay (the postage form German ebayers is less than the p&p from Knowsley!!)

Another PR own-goal from Q!
Jude xx

I don't understand what it is about these shoes. My friends rave about them but when I bought a pair from QVC in the sale a couple of years ago to try, I found them really uncomfortable. They aren't heavy but the footbed with that hard ridge, well, it's like walking on a curled up brick. I found them again in their box when I was having a tidy up last week and tried them again, yep, still uncomfortable. Perhaps I need to persevere with them, taking the tags off might help, too.

Leave on the tags and sell them on ebay or on here in the Drop.

But if you keep them you may have to wear them in gradually if you're not used to them. I could never wear the old wooden sole Scholl sandals but Birkis suit me; I would add to try different sizes on if you have a stockist or TK Max nearby because even though I'm a 4 to 4 1/2 in most shoes I wear the 3 in Birkis and find the 4 uncomfortable. I think it's to do with finding the size where the toes ridge is in the perfect place.

Jude xx

I don't understand what it is about these shoes. My friends rave about them but when I bought a pair from QVC in the sale a couple of years ago to try, I found them really uncomfortable. They aren't heavy but the footbed with that hard ridge, well, it's like walking on a curled up brick. I found them again in their box when I was having a tidy up last week and tried them again, yep, still uncomfortable. Perhaps I need to persevere with them, taking the tags off might help, too.

I am pleased to say that I have never been tempted, imo they look so big and awkward looking...even on the models with pretty feet.

They are selling ones very similar to these on QVC for £45 plus £4.95 on top for P&P. What a rip off ! Do they think we are all daft or something ..... don't answer that :giggle:

I'm another "can't wear 'em". But like Akimbo said I've realised that at least part of the problem is that I need a size smaller. I wear a 7 or a 6.5 in everything else but I've tried a 6 in a Birkie and that is much more comfortable. I've yet to risk buying a 6 to find out if my theory is correct but the size 7 I bought just isn't comfortable in the least.

the pair I bought have toe posts. I tried them out in that spell of nice weather a few weeks ago (summer 2012??), my larger foot is fine but my smaller foot got a blister around the toe post. I'm hoping that if I just wear them a little at a time and that the skin will harden. Any ideas?

well I've decided against.I really like the pink but £40 ish today,this minute I really don't have the money.The fact that its so wet and miserable out too helps my resolve.I'll wait until they're a "Summer Surprise" or OTO!!!!!

yes I like the soles.I think they look better without their thick black soles.I have a printed arizona pair that have a white sole and they look miles better than all my other birkenstocks.

Latest posts

Back