Bose speaker ripoff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I have a couple of Bose "Soundlink Mini" bluetooth speakers.

Needless to say, I didn't buy them from Q, I got them a lot cheaper elsewhere (although Bose discounts are difficult to find).

I've suddenly noticed that the prices have dropped all over the place eg Amazon, Argos, etc, from the usual £170 (in round figures) to about £145.

I looked into this, and found that there is a considerably improved mark 2 model being released next week on 19th June.

Needless to say, Q are still selling the old one at the full price, but currently with 4 easy payments.

The new one has several advantages over the current model, and also the option of a "carbon" colour. The charging options are improved, and it "talks to you" to help with the setup.

I wonder if Q will ever reduce their price of the superseded model, and if they do, will they admit it is obsolete?

Interesting observations Strato - It conflicts with Q's own UK corporate website, as a quick cut and paste reveals;

'We beat the likes of Amazon, Virgin Atlantic and Marks & Spencer to be named the third most trusted brand in a recent customer insights poll, proving we're a force to be reckoned with and a brand you can trust'.

Interesting observations Strato - It conflicts with Q's own UK corporate website, as a quick cut and paste reveals;

'We beat the likes of Amazon, Virgin Atlantic and Marks & Spencer to be named the third most trusted brand in a recent customer insights poll, proving we're a force to be reckoned with and a brand you can trust'.

Not defending them in any way but in that quote they are referring to the public's reported level of trust in the Q brand - they don't promise to match or beat their prices.

Q have failed to mention the availability elsewhere of newer models when selling iPads - it's a bit underhand but not illegal - they are relying on impulse buys, the offer of easy payments, the 30 day MBG and the fact that some people may not do any comparisons or will not be tech savvy.

PS - Thanks Strato for the heads up about the new model - I'll keep an eye out for it.

Only third most trusted, they used to be second to John Lewis so dropping.

I agree with all you say Tiddly, the point I was making is that to earn trust there must be an element of transparency with how the spun message is delivered.

No Q don't claim to be the cheapest, and with curious banding of P and P and return charges they are not.

What I think could be clearer would be if obsolete or end of ranges are being aired, at least have the decency to advise us the punters at the point of sale. That builds trust.

Thanks for the link.

I wonder what they will do with their old stock? Possibly they don't even have any, perhaps Bose do all the deliveries from their stock.

I've only had mine a few months so feeling a bit peeved not to have the improved model, especially being able to charge it via USB, enabling use of power packs such as the Halo. Mine HAS to be charged up from the mains.

Thanks for the link.

I wonder what they will do with their old stock? Possibly they don't even have any, perhaps Bose do all the deliveries from their stock.

I've only had mine a few months so feeling a bit peeved not to have the improved model, especially being able to charge it via USB, enabling use of power packs such as the Halo. Mine HAS to be charged up from the mains.

they wont do anything they will just leave it on the website and thats about it

I have a couple of Bose "Soundlink Mini" bluetooth speakers.

Needless to say, I didn't buy them from Q, I got them a lot cheaper elsewhere (although Bose discounts are difficult to find).

I've suddenly noticed that the prices have dropped all over the place eg Amazon, Argos, etc, from the usual £170 (in round figures) to about £145.

I looked into this, and found that there is a considerably improved mark 2 model being released next week on 19th June.

Needless to say, Q are still selling the old one at the full price, but currently with 4 easy payments.

The new one has several advantages over the current model, and also the option of a "carbon" colour. The charging options are improved, and it "talks to you" to help with the setup.

I wonder if Q will ever reduce their price of the superseded model, and if they do, will they admit it is obsolete?

Same scenario with the Dyson DC35 tsv today. I sell Dysons, and the companyhave had an overhaul f the corsless range. They have introduced new packaging, and new names, as well as more advanced models, performing superior functions. DC has been removed, and they are all V6. So the DCs 35, 44, and 58 have been discontinued, and have been replaced by the V6 : Animal, Total Clean, and Absolute. Dyson spares are available for 9 years.

Same scenario with the Dyson DC35 tsv today. I sell Dysons, and the companyhave had an overhaul f the corsless range. They have introduced new packaging, and new names, as well as more advanced models, performing superior functions. DC has been removed, and they are all V6. So the DCs 35, 44, and 58 have been discontinued, and have been replaced by the V6 : Animal, Total Clean, and Absolute. Dyson spares are available for 9 years.
I should have listed the DC59, the DC58 is a handheld. Steve McDonald has just said the flexi tool cannot be bought on it's own. Dyson's website sell it £20. Also, the presenters are boasting about the fact that Dyson is selling the tsv for £250. Because of the generic Dyson trade in offer, it comes in at under £200. The trade in is freepost. Why QVC does not honour the trade in, I cannot comprehend. They claim the prices are great but, once the trade in amount has been deducted, one is paying more.

Latest posts

Back