New Bose Wave system

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
As I predicted some time ago, when Q knocked £200 off the Mk 3 Wave system, Bose have introduced a new Mk 4 model.

In the meantime, Q have put the price of their Mk 3 back up so that it now costs more than the Mk 4 from Bose, who also offer easy payments and free delivery.

As far as I can tell, the only difference is a slightly more modern looking case, especially around the speakers.

They don't seem to have altered the spec, so it still doesn't have Bluetooth unless you buy an expensive accessory. Alternatively, you can buy the equivalent Blutooth transmitter elsewhere forH just a few pounds (I've got a couple myself).

It just seems to me to be years behind the times in terms of technology, you even have to set the clock yourself, and can't even adjust it to within about a minute of the actual time.

View attachment 10926

This is the new model.

Click to enlarge.

Other colours.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't know what happened to the first photo, it was there until I added the other two

Was annoyed with myself as I hesitated and missed the super bargain price. My own fault!

If you ring them, they may still have some left, and if you tell them it is an obsolete model they may reduce it again. The price has been up and down at least twice. This may be to comply with the law that they have to have sold it for a certain period at a higher price before they can advertise it as reduced.

BTW I have the Wave Mk 3, from QVC, AND I LIKED IT ENOUGH NOT TO RETURN IT.
(Sorry, caps lock)

However, everyone's perception of good quality sound is different, so I wouldn't dare recommend it. It is a bit "boomy bass" but I like loud bass, but reviewers have criticised this.

Mine was a TSV with the Soundtouch attachment, so I can play music from my iPad wirelessly to it via Apple AirPlay (but not Bluetooth).

It is overpriced at nearly £600, but £399 is not to bad for a complete CD/DAB system of very small size.

Feel free to ask any questions, I've had mine about 6 months, and also lots of other similar items and hifi stuff.

Latest posts

Back