Bose TSV 20.11.10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do fancy this but OH is saying DAB radio likely to become obsolete and internet / WIFI radio will be the way forward. I already have a Bose CD alarm, which I love - but that isn't a DAB one, just analogue.

Any views on the DAB issue?

Well, I ordered one! And as I am a "new" customer I got 10% off through Quidco! You won't tell, will you? :mysmilie_11:

I have been looking at Bose for years and may be tempted this year, before VAT goes up! Anyone have the Accoustic Wave - the big one - says it's for larger rooms. How large? Is it worth the money? Anyone have the Wave, does it fill the room or do you need the bigger one? Will wait for the TSV, might be the item that makes me open an account in the OH's name. But can they beat free delivery, a £299 CD changer thrown in (on the Accoustic Wave), 5 interest free payments, and Quidco cashback of £30?

Yeh.I have the large Accoustic Wave system in my lounge.It's amazingly good sound and looks great too.
I think it is worth the money if you enjoy music and deffinately worth getting the CD changer if you can.

DAB radios will need retuning in 2012 I think...if you buy one make sure it's retunable.

Please don't take this a gospel, I may have remembered it wrong but worth checking before you buy anything dabby.

Jude xx

it must be able to handle dab+ but when i read the specs on the bose website it said that dab+ was not available in the uk but it will be by 2010 mabe bose want to sell these radios as they will be useless withi 2 years.....:giggle:

Make you wonder doesn't it? I know there were lots of half price deals on Dab radios on Amazon earlier in the year....all models that wouldn't retune cometh the hour.

Jude xx

I rang Bose on the day and mentioned the QVC TSV-they were willing to give me the i-pod dock as a free gift, but could not reduce the price of the main CD system itself to lower than £599, so it really was a fantastic deal!

I do fancy this but OH is saying DAB radio likely to become obsolete and internet / WIFI radio will be the way forward. I already have a Bose CD alarm, which I love - but that isn't a DAB one, just analogue.

Any views on the DAB issue?

Just responding, though after the fact. I emailed Bose and their response was that there were no plans as far as they knew for internet/WIFI to take over, at least in the next 10+ years.
They also said that yes, all DAB radios will need to be retuned in 2012. The Bose Wave system, DAB or Accoustic DAB, IS retuneable.

Latest posts

Back