Buying Jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

suzywoozy

Registered Shopper
I've now bought a few pieces from QVC - necklaces and bracelets (I don't wear rings). But I'm starting to question my choice of colour.

I bought the Gemset Necklace in Sodalite (690702), yet even though it would "look perfect with jeans and a white shirt" - not yet worn

I bought the Lola Rose tsv (336557) in Pink Berry Jade which again would "look perfect with jeans and a white shirt" - not yet worn

I bought the Honora Pearls earrings tsv (688480) - 7 sets of pearl earrings but the only colour I think I've worn are the white pearls.

When I look at my jewellery collection the item that gets the most wear is a black pendant necklace that I bought for 2 euros in Spain!

I've got all this lovely jewellery, yet when I put them on with clothes they dont seem to work.

Does anyone else have this problem? Will I now have to buy clothes to match? :angel:

I've now bought a few pieces from QVC - necklaces and bracelets (I don't wear rings). But I'm starting to question my choice of colour.

I bought the Gemset Necklace in Sodalite (690702), yet even though it would "look perfect with jeans and a white shirt" - not yet worn

I bought the Lola Rose tsv (336557) in Pink Berry Jade which again would "look perfect with jeans and a white shirt" - not yet worn

I bought the Honora Pearls earrings tsv (688480) - 7 sets of pearl earrings but the only colour I think I've worn are the white pearls.

When I look at my jewellery collection the item that gets the most wear is a black pendant necklace that I bought for 2 euros in Spain!

I've got all this lovely jewellery, yet when I put them on with clothes they dont seem to work.

Does anyone else have this problem? Will I now have to buy clothes to match? :angel:

As long as you don't buy them from QVC!!:lol:

Jewellery is like clothes, you have to feel right in them/with them, otherwise you will not wear it because you feel self conscious. You have to buy what you like, and wear it because you like it.

I have done the same thing in the past with some lovely pieces but just out of keeping with my colour scheme. I know 'they' are always telling us to step out of our comfort zone and try something new but I guess in the end we are creatures of habit.
Still if black is your thing & you're drawn to Lola Rose's style, she does do some of her gorgeous classic styles in black and after all in the words of QVC's own priceless fashion guru 'the monochrome story' is still with us!

Jewellery is a very personal thing.

I never white tshirts, white is not my colour nor black for that matter. I was colour me beauty at a charity event a few years back for fun. Ann the lady who did it was brilliant and seems alot of the colours I wear anyway are in the range she said I belonged to. I am a soft warm.

Anyway I have this thing of wanting my jewellery colours matching what I am wearing. Suites are my thing, if I have a blue topaz ring then I need the earrings in that stone too. But that is just me.

I do know what the Lola Rose looks like in the flesh. For me that colour would be great with pinks or lilacs even white and black to add a splash of colour. But thats the way I think the first two would be my choice. I loved the colour of the purple jade, but I own a dark amethyst tumble so that covers my purples. I already own it in rose quartz which covers my pinks.

Why not put things on cheque hold and really think before changing payment to dd or cd? Won't help with the necklace from the shop.

Hiya, I think a good idea is whenever you're tempted is to think of at least three outfits/items in your wardrobe that that colour and style of jewellery would look good with and if you can't then don't buy it. That's automatically what I do when I see a piece that appeals to me, I start picturing different outfit looks in my head.

Sorry to digress from the thread topic, but I just wanted to say to Alibeth that I am madly in love with Suki, the kitten in your avatar. What a beauty and a toots!

I also think that it might not just be the colour - could it be that you are not making time for yourself to actually decide what you want to wear and put together an outfit/accessories etc. If you are in a rush it's easier to just grab what you always wear because it's familiar and comfortable. Maybe if you carved out some extra time for yourself you would find yourself reaching for your new items more often?

ps I had my little baby boy on 15 July! He was 8lb 2oz and we called him Roman

Congratulations on the birth of little Roman, Mavornia! I love that name, went out with a beautiful Polish chap called Roman many years ago, and often think about him now.
Hope you and baby are well. Love, Yolanda xxxxx

I retract Yolanda I retract...........................:LOL::LOL:

Well, alright then...I'll try to nab him a week next Tuesday, I'll have to make arrangements with me contact at Sniggles Sausages again to see whether I can borrow the van...

I've been informed that he will not get into a van without a mattress in the back...

Thanks ladies! We're doing great - but his two year old brother is very put out and has been trying to slap him on the head and throw his trucks on top of him in the pram...

Latest posts

Back