Calico Cottage Fudge delivery...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anso

Registered Shopper
I'm wondering if anyone has any previous experience in ordering Calico Cottage items...

Ordered a pack of Calico Cottage fudge on the 22nd. It says in the item description that it comes direct from the supplier in 5-7 working days. (Also ordered a different pack on Monday which says 7-10 days in the item description! Strange?!) I'm just wondering if anyone know what method Calico Cottage use please... RM or some courier perhaps? Anyone experienced their delivery and how quick (or not) it was please?

Also my orders say "in process" on QVCs page still. Will this update once CC post them or how does it work when QVC are not actually the company shipping the items please?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Hi, Anso. I have experience of ordering Calico Cottage packs from QVC. By the way, I also ordered the set on Monday and have the same message about being "in process" on my account page and yes, this will change to 'Shipped' once the manufacturers ship it. You will also get the usual email from QVC when it's despatched so they must talk to one another.

As for how long it takes, my experiences were:

1st time (2013): received email confirming despatch 7 days after order date. Delivery I think was a couple of days later (as a weekend got in the way)
2nd time (April): received email confirming despatch 10 days after ordering. It actually arrived the same day I got the email - on my account page it says it was shipped the day before.

Both times, they used Interlink Express.

I can be quite precise because I keep all my QVC emails and I also have a record of when I receive everything (obsessive list-maker!).

Last edited:
Thanks AndiK that was really helpful. So most likely it will take a little longer than I maybe hoped. I'd hoped I might have been lucky to have the first order on or by Friday for a certain occasion but I think maybe that is hoping too much. Interlink Express (are they somehow connected to DPD? Their mails are always identical etc) do seem to be very good around here so.... Though then again I guess it already really needed to be dispatched today to arrive Friday. Oh well, it will be good whenever it arrives :)

Will be interesting to see when our Monday orders are dispatched...

Thanks again!

Thanks AndiK that was really helpful. So most likely it will take a little longer than I maybe hoped. I'd hoped I might have been lucky to have the first order on or by Friday for a certain occasion but I think maybe that is hoping too much. Interlink Express (are they somehow connected to DPD? Their mails are always identical etc) do seem to be very good around here so.... Though then again I guess it already really needed to be dispatched today to arrive Friday. Oh well, it will be good whenever it arrives :)

Will be interesting to see when our Monday orders are dispatched...

Thanks again!

No problem. It definitely is a bit slower with Calico Cottage than other brands shipped by QVC themselves but I was not in a particular hurry, as you appear to be, so it hasn't bothered me so far. I actually think they may be quicker with deliveries of Monday's orders as the pack was one of the Event Day "specials" so they may be better prepared and organised for it. Having said that, if they had lots of buyers, it may slow them up!! There's a good chance the order you placed on 22nd will arrive by the end of the week though? Fingers crossed for you.

It does seem that once it's despatched, Interlink are quick getting orders from Calico Cottage to the buyer (next day in my case). CC are based in Cambridge and I'm in North London - don't know if that helped me. Are you anywhere near?

PS Yes, DPD and Interlink are part of the same group.

It does seem that once it's despatched, Interlink are quick getting orders from Calico Cottage to the buyer (next day in my case). CC are based in Cambridge and I'm in North London - don't know if that helped me. Are you anywhere near?

PS Yes, DPD and Interlink are part of the same group.

No I'm in the north so nowhere near London or indeed Cambridge. DPD and/or Interlink always seem to be next day here too (get them from Amazon etc sometimes) so hopefully it will be a quick delivery for both of us once dispatched.

I had, I think, two different packs from them in the past but that was some years ago. Then I kinda forgot about them until now. Wish QVC did some more different packs by CC... I seem to remember that pie being really nice so it would have been great with a pack that contained more than one for example.

deliveries

I'm wondering if anyone has any previous experience in ordering Calico Cottage items...

Ordered a pack of Calico Cottage fudge on the 22nd. It says in the item description that it comes direct from the supplier in 5-7 working days. (Also ordered a different pack on Monday which says 7-10 days in the item description! Strange?!) I'm just wondering if anyone know what method Calico Cottage use please... RM or some courier perhaps? Anyone experienced their delivery and how quick (or not) it was please?

Also my orders say "in process" on QVCs page still. Will this update once CC post them or how does it work when QVC are not actually the company shipping the items please?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Thanks Anso

We dispatch direct from our factory to the customer which means that QVC send us their paperwork and we then pack and dispatch. This will delay the delivery by a couple of days compared to orders that leave direct from QVC's warehouse. The bank holiday has added a further delay of one day in the post but your initial order is being sent today on an overnight delivery and should be with you for Friday.

The orders that were placed during the Event Day are being dispatched today and tomorrow. On some special events days we may quote delivery times of 7 - 10 days as they can be exceptionally busy.

If you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be delighted to help.

I hope that you enjoy your fudges.

Kind regards

Thanks Anso

We dispatch direct from our factory to the customer which means that QVC send us their paperwork and we then pack and dispatch. This will delay the delivery by a couple of days compared to orders that leave direct from QVC's warehouse. The bank holiday has added a further delay of one day in the post but your initial order is being sent today on an overnight delivery and should be with you for Friday.

The orders that were placed during the Event Day are being dispatched today and tomorrow. On some special events days we may quote delivery times of 7 - 10 days as they can be exceptionally busy.

If you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to call our office and we will be delighted to help.

I hope that you enjoy your fudges.

Kind regards

Thank you very much for taking the time to come here and reply. I really appreciate it. And I'm very pleased to hear that it's looking good for my delivery for tomorrow of my first order.

As I said above, I have had your fudge mixes from QVC in the past but it was a few years ago now so I was really pleased to see that they are still available.

I do have one question though, will you be offering any more, different mixes, packs on QVC please? I'd also love to see a pack with more than one fudge pie, if you take requests, please. :)

Thanks again for coming on here answering the questions.

Great customer service from Calico Cottage there!

I am going to make a fudge pie from my previous order today - not tried before.

the fudge pies are out of this world as is the actual fudge

I am salivating now! I love the fudge already and the pies looked fabulous when they were demonstrated on the shows on Monday.

I have to say, the lady who demonstrates a lot of kitchen shows (Easiyo, Ninja, Calico, etc) is great - I am always inspired by her ideas.

Great customer service from Calico Cottage there!

I am going to make a fudge pie from my previous order today - not tried before.

Oh is there another item number that contains the fudge pie please? I ordered 802561 before the weekend (fudge mixes only) and that was the only one I could find then. Of course then on Monday was the event day with the pack that did contain one fudge pie.

If you like the fudge and have never tried the pie you'll love it I'm sure. As I said before, not had it for a few years but I remember it being totally amazing! Reminds me very much of a Swedish cake called "kladdkaka" (Google it and you'll see how similar it is), one of my faves :)

Forgot to say, I'd love to try adding some peanut butter to one of the fudges (chocolate or vanilla I think?) Anyone tried this please and have any advice on amount, when to add etc?

the fudge pie reminds me of a really choclatey rich soft brownie cake. the fudge is really nice all the flavours were gorgeous

Oh is there another item number that contains the fudge pie please? I ordered 802561 before the weekend (fudge mixes only) and that was the only one I could find then. Of course then on Monday was the event day with the pack that did contain one fudge pie.

If you like the fudge and have never tried the pie you'll love it I'm sure. As I said before, not had it for a few years but I remember it being totally amazing! Reminds me very much of a Swedish cake called "kladdkaka" (Google it and you'll see how similar it is), one of my faves :)

Hi again. So pleased for you that you will get your delivery in time.

Sorry if I misled you about making a fudge pie - I meant it was from an order last year. In fact, it's probably past its sell-by date so I'd better check that (I didn't know it would be as moreish as everyone's saying or I would not still have it!). The item no. was 801705 but it's no longer available. Apart from the fudge and fudge pie, it contained a cookie mix which was lovely, as I recall.

I'm sure you have looked at the QVC site yourself but at the moment there are just the two items: the one we ordered on Monday, which has one fudge pie mix (now gone back up to £21); and the all fudges one you ordered last week, 802561, which I also have.

I'm just wondering whether my knowledge of Calico Cottage is a bit too good! I do share it when it's made, honest!!

Forgot to say, I'd love to try adding some peanut butter to one of the fudges (chocolate or vanilla I think?) Anyone tried this please and have any advice on amount, when to add etc?

Hmm, that's a tricky one as if you add the usual amount of butter as well, it's going to be too runny and oily. How about just 15g instead of 30g of regular butter and then add 30g of peanut butter (not 15g as it's peanuts as well). No, actually, not sure that would work because it might not combine the packet mix properly. Maybe give CC a call? They sound very helpful.

Hmm, that's a tricky one as if you add the usual amount of butter as well, it's going to be too runny and oily. How about just 15g instead of 30g of regular butter and then add 30g of peanut butter (not 15g as it's peanuts as well). No, actually, not sure that would work because it might not combine the packet mix properly. Maybe give CC a call? They sound very helpful.

Thanks for the thoughts. We'll see how far I get. Maybe an option would be to make up the fudge and then try to stir/swirl some in before it's completely set perhaps...? Or maybe it's just so nice anyway that I completely give up the idea of mixing other ingredients into it ;)

All mine arrived in the last hour yay! :) Off to make some fudge... Only problem is to pick with one to try first....LOL! Hope you got yours too AndiK!

Hi there. Yes, mine came this morning too. Very exciting! And I'm pleased you are able to make yours up today as you hoped.

I didn't get round to making the pie thing yesterday after all. Thought it would be better at the weekend when there will be more people around to share it with!

Hi there. Yes, mine came this morning too. Very exciting! And I'm pleased you are able to make yours up today as you hoped.

I didn't get round to making the pie thing yesterday after all. Thought it would be better at the weekend when there will be more people around to share it with!

...from memory I'm not sure you'd want to share it ;)

I've made up the salted caramel fudge and from tasting what was on the spoon...OMG it was good. This is dangerous LOL :)

Hmmm... good point about sharing vs keeping it to myself!

The only flavour I have not been mad on so far has been the vanilla & jelly bean as all I could taste was the jelly beans! It reminded me of the quite bland fudge you get in a pick n' mix bag/cup where it has taken on the flavour of the other things you got with it.

Latest posts

Back