Camera TSV Sunday 21st Sept

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know about this particular model,but we've had two Canon cameras and would definitely buy Canon again. Our current camera is a Canon Ixus (only 5mp as it's a couple of yeras old) and we're extremely pleased with it.

lol only 5mp there is a lot of hoo ha about mp 5 is plenty with a good lense like the Canon's have not many people even print out pics never mind to A4 and over.

I used to work in the photo development industry and Canon cameras are one of the best you can buy.
The lenses are fantastic (they use glass instead of plastic so can get much thinner).
I used to have a Canon 3.2 megapixel camera and my photos were so superior to many other people's, even if they had around 6mp!

In fact many people don't know how to use their cameras and set their megapixels so low so they can get hundreds and hundreds of pictures.
I used to develop a good few thousand pictures a day and it was so sad that most of the pictures were terrible. The graining was noticeable, the settings all wrong.
Always take time to play with your camera, find the settings that work. Simple stuff like turning the flash off when inside and making sure you either hold the camera completely still or place it on a flat surface when taking your photo will result in a good picture. Think about the composition - ie: Divide the picture into three, don't zoom in too far or you'll get camera shake and fuzziness.

If I could afford a new camera I'd go straight for a Canon.

lol only 5mp there is a lot of hoo ha about mp 5 is plenty with a good lense like the Canon's have not many people even print out pics never mind to A4 and over.

Great post!

I have a 5mp camera ( Nikon 5600) and am still very pleased with quality of the photo's. I have no plans for a new camera atm.

:33: I am really tempted with the camera. Have been looking for these sort of specs for a while, but not wanting to change memory cards and Canon does SD. But it is expensive..though there is easypay....and I really need a SatNav...:31: but...:33:
I see LJ Rich is around on another thread...wouldn't care to comment?

:33: I am really tempted with the camera. Have been looking for these sort of specs for a while, but not wanting to change memory cards and Canon does SD. But it is expensive..though there is easypay....and I really need a SatNav...:31: but...:33:
I see LJ Rich is around on another thread...wouldn't care to comment?

Canon's are great - I own the Canon S5iS which is above the compacts and below the DSLR and something a bit more than compacts but not as expensive as getting a DSLR. But I would be wary of spending over £200 on a compact now when you could be getting a decent camera in the class above. Though it is not for everyone and size is important if you carry it around every day then the Canon would be a sound choice which will serve you very well.

i'm on the hunt for a new camera ,but my Ricoh compact is about 3 years old and has a 7x optical zoom and 5 million pixels.They dont seem to do 7 x optical zoom on compacts anymore

No 7x is pretty special,Sheepdog talks a lot of sense i use a Fuji DSLR and Mrs Snoops 5mp compact the Fuji takes "special" pics even though the memory card is obsolete tech but the compact you can take any where,it's a compromise but one thing i'm sure of this TSV is a lovely bit of kit,maybe not the cheapest but you can change your mind here.

Latest posts

Back