CE takes on KA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love lidl be interesting to see how that compares to the one from Qvc that was on air yesterday

Thanks for posting RS......delighted I didn't bother either. As soon as they said the casing was plastic I lost interest because it looked so flimsy. They must have sprayed the machines they had on air with Mr Sheen or something then if the colours and glossiness are so different in real life! Think I'll stick with my faithful Magimix for the time being.

The link says it is out of stock, so there are no reviews to read.

Hmmm.... That's odd ~ it's saying that for me too, but it showed up shortly after RS first posted the link! Wonder if they've pulled it due to the terrible reviews!
I think I'll send mine back.

Where the KitchenAid comes into its own in kneading dough - its is heavy enough not to travel across the work surface. As a new owner of a KitchenAid Artisan in Candy Apple Red (yes, I know I am being smug!) I have to say its worth the money - it creates wonderful cake batters and I don't need to sift icing sugar anymore either. Its pricey, yes, but I bought a factory seconds one for £310 (that's another story on a previous thread), and its worth it. I expect it to last a lifetime too. The CE one looks plasticky and flimsy - I think spending £100 is a false economy imho.

You're right PP, the reviews were definitely there as I read them just before I posted. I did think it looked a rather poor version of the KA one and QVC need to go back to the drawing board to either redesign several aspects (get rid of the plastic casing for one to make it more sturdy) or just ditch the item as a huge flop!! :down:

The new link works, 18 reviews, nearly all 1 star (can't give less).

I was surprised by the number of comments about the colour and finish. On TV it looked glossy and very red or black, but turned out to be MATT finish and faded pink or grey.

I wonder how they made it look so good on the screen and website?

TBH I didn't think it looked THAT glossy on the tele, in fact the red in particular looked liked a red car I once owned, where the paintwork had faded in the sun ! thats what made me suspect it was made of plastic - like I said before, a bit like a kid's toy -- but a pricey one at that !

PS. have just read all the poor reviews, and I wondered whether DF will be amongst them because she made such a big issue about having ordered the pale blue one. If anything she should be the one to give the buyers a bo.......ing !!!!

Quick review - I got the red one, firstly have to say it is very weighty and I think actually quite well made, not at all cheap plastic, so not like a 'kids toy', its a very hard plastic top and the movement of the top seemed ok to me, but having said that - it isn't at all shiny (which didnt bother me tbh!). Only issue I have is that its really really noisy! Its having to go back as my cat is just not impressed with the noise and theres no way I can put her through that everytime I use it! I didnt put anything in the bowl so can't comment on it not reaching the sides although from what I could see it didnt look like it would have a problem.

I still think this is an ok machine for the money but my cat comes first (even before the boyfriend! lol) so its going back. Hope this helps anyone wavering on buying etc. xx

Yeh, what a relief that it had sold out before 10.00pm as otherwise I would have wasted the P&P on what looks like yet another QVC rip off gone wrong.
I have looked at the Lidil one on their web site it has a video , it is basicly a hand mixer that you can attach to a motorised base.
It is only 19.99 and they are very good when you need to take things back so I am going to give it a go and see how I get o

Latest posts

Back