CE takes on KA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I cancelled my Kipling bag on advanced order and went for this. I'm going to call this my xmas pressie to myself! I went for the red!

Good for you Ilovelulu! I have fallen in love with the duck egg blue one but sadly we only have a tiny kitchen so we'd have nowhere to keep it:sad:

Good for you Ilovelulu! I have fallen in love with the duck egg blue one but sadly we only have a tiny kitchen so we'd have nowhere to keep it:sad:

thanks chick! Thats the only thing really it does need to sit out on a worktop. The duck egg blue was very pretty and very retro. I'll let you all know if its any good, maybe post a pic of whatever I manage to burn, sorry bake! lol xx

My son's set up home with his lovely girlfriend ~ I'm swithering whether to get this for him. He's a fantastic cook and really enjoys it (unlike me can't cook won't cook!) and if it works well it would aid his wonderful baking. I'd put it aside for Xmas, but if it's rubbish I can't send it back. Oh what to do?

I would get it petpixie. I think it looks good for the money. Just a thought. Have QVC not started their after Christmas returns yet?

I would get it petpixie. I think it looks good for the money. Just a thought. Have QVC not started their after Christmas returns yet?

I've gone for it Catkins! The website's not working for me so I phoned the order in and explained it was a Christmas pressie and was told it would be ok to return if unsuitable so I'm chuffed!

I've gone for it Catkins! The website's not working for me so I phoned the order in and explained it was a Christmas pressie and was told it would be ok to return if unsuitable so I'm chuffed!

PP - if you'd like I'll drop you a message to let you know if mines is any good when it comes? x

A bit noisy in the TSV midnight showing

It is an appealing mixer with lovely colours and a good price. However, watching the TSV show at midnight, the noise level was pretty high and irritating which is a disappointment. I suppose that's why they kept walking away from it while doing the presentation. And I think some parts looked like they may be plastic (but that's ok too if it's sturdy and robust when in use). If you don't do a lot of baking it might be worthwhile to give it a try, even if it doesn't last but a few years. KAs and Kenwoods are expensive and hard to justify the price if you are not an avid baker, are just beginning or don't have a lot of storage space. I guess this would be a good starter machine and then progress to a more advanced unit down the road.

The colours are appealing, especially the retro cream and duck egg blue. Wish that QVC did KAs in more than white or have I missed a show with more KA colour selections? I think if you're just starting out on a baking run and haven't got anything beyond a hand mixer this would do nicely. If it turns out that it is not very powerful or is too loud then you have the 30 MBG. But it'd be fairly costly to return I would think ...

Still not sure if I should go for it or not hoping that Amazon will do the cheap kitchenaid again on black Friday. But am very tempted to go for the QVC one love the duck egg blue.

For those who have ordered it and worried about the cost of the return if not suitable; I'm sure that I heard them say that the p&p charge covered the cost of the return and that it would be picked up from home.

Unless I dreamt it.:thinking:

update on earlier

Yess SallyMc, I saw that too, - I was tempted until I noticed that; and the actual unit looked to be made of plastic (like a child's toy), I doubt if it is, but for £100 it makes you think, you pays yer money ...................................

Just discovered via another thread, that the body IS made of plastic and the its only a 600w engine. So thats a definite no no for me.

For those who have ordered it and worried about the cost of the return if not suitable; I'm sure that I heard them say that the p&p charge covered the cost of the return and that it would be picked up from home.

Yes, they definitely said that.

Aha! So if you don't return it after the 30 days, you get half your P & P back? I thought not!:cheeky:

Did you ladies know that Amazon have kitchen aid mixers starting from £288!!! They also have dearer ones though too. Just a thought.

I am still sitting on the fence about this should I or shouldn't I ?
I think that if I am still undecided by 10.00pm then its not for me. I will watch the show then as I have yet to see it in action so to speek!!
But good luck to all of you who have brought this I hope that you get many happy hours of baking from it.
karen

kenwood titanium. 14000 watt motor made in heavy cast steel with a stainless steel mirror finish bowl!its not as pretty as the kitchenaid. beautifull but cannot afford it. but i am so pleased with mr ken wood. my baking results are superb.
amazon do the as used for around £200.00 free delivery. used meaning that someone did not take delivery. lots of accessories included!

I was tempted as I do like to bake but I need a new fridge so must NOT buy anything else this month. Just a thought but can you imagine the delivery cost if QVC did fridges?!!!!

I was thinking about buying it but it had sold out when I sat down to watch at 10pm, it would be great to hear what people thought about it as I might consider it at a later date but not if it's carp.

Latest posts

Back