Changes to the DSR

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
As from the 13th June 2014 the DSR is going to be REPLACED by the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
This EXTENDS the 7 calender days to 14.
So we now have TWICE as long to get our P&P back from ANY online shop, but I posted it here as most of us use it for QVC.

If you want to use this with QVC where do you email and what do you need to say? I've never used it but my Kipling bag from Monday arrived yesterday and I think I am going to return it.

qvc never ever mention dsr as they want to keep the extotionate postage costs. most sellers even on amazon try thier hardest to hold on to postage money when giving refunds

If you want to use this with QVC where do you email and what do you need to say? I've never used it but my Kipling bag from Monday arrived yesterday and I think I am going to return it.

You need to email Customer Service, state you are returning the item(give item number), under DSR and therefore request your postage is refunded. What usually happens is they don't give you your postage and you have to phone up after your refund and get them to do it.

When l have returned items under DSR l do exactly as Donna says. I also put a note in that l am returning under DSR. Not sure it works but l'm a belt and braces kind of person.

So just to be clear, if I order an item from QVC (any way, i.e. online, phone, app, Q Cut) and want to return it under DSR I can get the p&p refunded as long as it's sent back within 7 days of the purchase date and under CCR I can get the p&p refunded as long as I send the item back within 14 days?

And to get the refund I am best emailing QVC and letting them know in advance of sending the item back and putting a note in the parcel?

Has anyone ever had their postage refunded doing this?

I'm asking for my Mum really, as she orders a lot from QVC and sends a fair bit back.

I only send things back under the DSR and get my p&p back even if I have to remind them occasionally. Just email and say you want to "cancel the order under the DSR" this phrase is key because just saying you're returning the item doesn't separate it from the usual 30 day MBG returns. The notification of cancellation also has to be in writing so email rather than telephone.

All the other tip you'll probably find by scrolling back through the threads on here.

I wrote a little note on this on ST.com's sister site, Craft Telly, as the changes are more wide ranging than just a change to the 14 day period, so to give a quick summary of the changes to the distance selling regs which come into affect on 13th June.

1. Information - not only must the retailer supply you with quite a long list of details before you make a purchase, they must also then provide a lasting copy of that Information for you to be able to refer to after the purchase. A link to their curent T&C'S will not suffice

2. Goods must be delivered within 30 days unless ou have expressly agreed to a longer delivery period.

3. Your right to cancel extends to 14 days from the current 7 days starting from when you receive the item (not when you ordered. Refunds must be made within 14 days and must include standard P&p paid by you and also the cost of returning the item (unless unless the seller expressly states otherwise in their terms)

4. No more pre-ticked options that incur a cost

5. No more premium telephone numbers for customer service lines - big implication for some of the other shopping channels!!!

There's more to it than I covered, but I've picked out the main things that crop on here time and again as causes of dissatisfaction.

Just wanted to say that the items have to be returned in perfect condition under DSR. At least that is what I understand. I've not returned many items under DSR but always got my return postage.

Just wanted to say that the items have to be returned in perfect condition under DSR. At least that is what I understand. I've not returned many items under DSR but always got my return postage.

Yes, that is correct, you are actually being allowed the right to inspect the goods and then cancel your order if you have changed your mind once you've inspected them. It is meant to put you in the same position as you would be should you have seen the goods in a shop. The goods must be returned in "saleable" condition. It is a right to cancel upon inspection not a right to buy and try.

I have returned a couple of unused items today under DSR and it is well worth doing and following up if they don't return your p&p. I have never understood people not returning things as its 'not worth the cost or bother', but then I tend to individually wrap and label them and then send together in a parcel special delivery, which is quick and cheaper .

new legislation

Could our lawyers on here, confirm/deny this ?

According to the news recently, there is new legislation coming into effect whereby any goods bought on line and returned, the postage has to be refunded.

Does this include QVC as well ? if we purchase goods via their website and return them, whether its up to 14 or 30 days, then 'by law' we should be refunded for the return postage ?

This would be a revelation if it comes about.

i think we should be refunded postage costs under dsr. mostly if i ask for my postage costs back i get it. but soo many people lose thier money this way and it all adds up

Thank you for this information. I hadn't realised that we could claim a refund on the P&P on returning the package, I thought it was for the initial P&P.

Do we now have to say CCR now instead of DSR?

Could our lawyers on here, confirm/deny this ?

According to the news recently, there is new legislation coming into effect whereby any goods bought on line and returned, the postage has to be refunded.

Does this include QVC as well ? if we purchase goods via their website and return them, whether its up to 14 or 30 days, then 'by law' we should be refunded for the return postage ?

This would be a revelation if it comes about.

I thought I had covered this but I'll reword to make clearer. Under your right to cancel, your postage paid for delivery to you should be refunded for all orders cancelled within 14 days. However, this still only applies if you cancel the whole order (a mote point with QVC where you pay P&P per item, but not for most other retailers where you pay a cost per order. If you only return part of the order, you are not cancelling the whole order).

You will also be due a refund of your postage costs to return the item UNLESS the retailer expressly states that you are responsible for return costs in their T&Cs. Obviously, all a retailer has to do to comply with the law is state that you are responsible for the cost of returns. Almost all of those that don't offer free returns already do this if you read their T&Cs.

HTH!

I didn't understand precisely what you can send back under DSR.
I would like to know if it is possible to try on a lipstick (which always shows) and still send it back to QVC under DSR.

Could someone tell me, please ?

:flower::flower::flower:

Dont think you can try products under DSR (or whatever they are called now). They have to be in a resaleable condition.

If you want to try a product from Q you will have to bear the brunt of the postage in most cases and get a refund of only the cost of the item under 30 day MBG.

Dont think you can try products under DSR (or whatever they are called now). They have to be in a resaleable condition.

If you want to try a product from Q you will have to bear the brunt of the postage in most cases and get a refund of only the cost of the item under 30 day MBG.

Thank you very much for your clear explanations, Weathergirl !

:flower::flower::flower:

I`ve never had a problem thanks to being informed on here of how to word the email I did have more of a problem once with ideal world (don`t use them very often at all) as they didn`t even seem aware of it I ended up quoting the law to them and eventually got it refunded

Latest posts

Back