Charlie bears hot cross bun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I ordered just this bear, didn't go for the full set, it's a present, well it's arrived today, and its lovely but is it supposed to have some stitching across the top of its head it looks like a scar, maybe it's me but I think it spoils the bear, and funnily enough it now looks like a soft toy in a box, not the little person, that was on QVC,

Don't get me wrong it is still a nice bear, and will make a lovely present, just would like to know if anybody else has received theirs, and what they think

Somebody posted the same thing on the QVC FB page yesterday. It is supposed to be like that xx

Thank you, I've just noticed its got one on its foot as well, so it looks like its been well and truly in the wars

How very odd! You would think that in 24 hous of blah-di-blah they would mention a feature like that. They showed a scar on Shreddie's face. S/he has about 7 on his body, but I love mine just because of them-I gave one to a counselling friend and Shreddie has opened many a hurting heart. But to sell a teddy bear that wasn't shown to have that ''design feature" is very naughty, no two ways about it!

I just can't see the point realy of putting a scar on a bear, there isn't even a clue in its name, I keep pulling he fur across to cover it up, there is chance this could be going back, the more I look at it.

I just can't see the point realy of putting a scar on a bear, there isn't even a clue in its name, I keep pulling he fur across to cover it up, there is chance this could be going back, the more I look at it.

Do you think the scar is meant to represent the cross as in Hot Cross Bun LL? I must admit that's what I thought from the brief glimpse of the presentation.

The one I received has similar things, one on it's foot & one on it's body. I think it's supposed to make it look "loved" & old.
Several manufactures & artists use this ruse to make a bear look old & well loved, sometimes shaving the fur off as well & imitating wear & tear. Even Steiff have done it.

But I don't think they made any real mention of it in the presentations which they should have done. All they mentioned was the bit of excess thread sticking out of the nose. Usually in that type of feature the nose threads are scuffed to make them look old but the dangly threads just make it seem as if someone hasn't bothered trimming the end of the nose thread properly.
But, given all that, I still think it's a nice bear.
If they intended it to look old & worn they didn't make a successful attempt at it. I've seen ones where you've a job to tell, unless you've a lot of experience & know just where to look to spot that they aren't genuine, that they're actually fakes & not real old bears. Seen some go for hundreds at auctions when people have been taken in.

The first Charlie Bear I got years ago was Maximillian - he was one of "the first 12" bears. He has several scars to make him look old and well loved so this is probably the look they are going for here.

I have to say I rather like BusyLizzie's theory about the cross on a hot cross bun. :sun:

Attachments

• Maximilian.jpg
    Maximilian.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 229
Hi Mr Charlie Bears did make a point about the little crosses on the bear and he said he was supposed to be like that, the cross was there to represent the "cross" from hot cross bun. He mentioned it a couple of times throughout the day. I didn't buy but only because I haven't got anywhere to put them. I may have been tempted if Zak had been on though

Well, it seems QVC have really messed up with the ordering of this single TSV. I decided to go for it in the afternoon and received an order confirmation but when I checked my order status yesterday it was still showing "awaiting stock" which I thought was rather odd. Now I know why because I've just received a letter from them advising that they can't fulfil my order as their 'system allowed a number of customers to place orders for the bear above the limited edition stock level of 4000 units'. What a total shambles.............:angry:

Well, it seems QVC have really messed up with the ordering of this single TSV. I decided to go for it in the afternoon and received an order confirmation but when I checked my order status yesterday it was still showing "awaiting stock" which I thought was rather odd. Now I know why because I've just received a letter from them advising that they can't fulfil my order as their 'system allowed a number of customers to place orders for the bear above the limited edition stock level of 4000 units'. What a total shambles.............:angry:

They oversold by 400, which is not just a few but I would have thought it is a lot!!!

They oversold by 400, which is not just a few but I would have thought it is a lot!!!

Totally agree. I suppose they are giving priority to the Auto-Delivery orders and anyone who just fancied the single option has been pushed down the list until eventually you fall off it at the end!!

Totally agree. I suppose they are giving priority to the Auto-Delivery orders and anyone who just fancied the single option has been pushed down the list until eventually you fall off it at the end!!

If that is what they're doing, and if they haven't stipulated that when pushing viewers to buy, then that could constitute mis-selling.

After all, they would have to make clear what the conditions of sale are in advance of your attempted purchase.

If that is what they're doing, and if they haven't stipulated that when pushing viewers to buy, then that could constitute mis-selling.

After all, they would have to make clear what the conditions of sale are in advance of your attempted purchase.

I hear what you're saying HC but proving it is another matter!

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those who ordered the auto-delivery option decide to cancel, as that seemed to happen the last time they did four bears (Once upon a time bears?) The ones in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th drop have appeared on subsequent shows as individual purchases.

Maybe they should consider that four bears aren't feasible and release them singly, so those who only want one of them don't miss out. I have got some Charlie Bears, although I didn't want this set, but if I had then I'd have thought twice about shelling out £160 plus just to get Porridge (the final one.)

And whatever number of bears they have got to release, as a reputable company, QVC should honour each purchase (in the order in which they are made,) whether it be for one or for all four. By denying customers their preferred choice they are also involving Wills and Charlie in their inconsistent service.

Oh my word QVC at it's best again I'm sorry to those who have been messed about.
If needed how do you explain this to a young child, I'm having trouble trying to understand just what they were doing.

The fact hot cross was limited number of 4000 and I take it was shown to flash up as sold out.
How can those told not expect a one of hot cross now be sent any of the returns or be added on waitlist, which they are bound to get because peeps will have taken AD just to have some of the other bears.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I do hope Will and Charlie are keeping their stockist very happy, the only persons going to suffer are themselves and the let down buyers, not Le Q.
They were on air all day, selling their bears are they not kept informed of the stock situation?
I'm not blaming them at all as they weren't processing the orders, but I would be interested to hear what Will and Charlie have to say about disappointing their fans and if they can help out in anyway.

Last edited:
Maybe I should contact Will and Charlie but I really can't see them being in a position to do anything if a limited number was agreed and they reportedly sold out. I still can't help but feel that those who placed Auto-Delivery orders will receive priority so they can complete the collection should they decide to continue over the coming months. If it has been a genuine mistake on the part of QVC then it's time they got their website and ordering system sorted to prevent such problems in the future. I won't deny that I am disappointed my bear won't be arriving but life has more important issues to throw at me so I won't lose sleep over it.......it's not the point though is it?

I didn't order my one until the evening, pressed for auto delivery, when I checked my order status I realised what I had done, and rang to cancel the other three, but received the first one on Thursday, so that prove,they did give priority to auto deliveries, as I ordered mine after, Busy ordered hers.

Latest posts

Back