Cheryl Cole, she's like sooo yesterday...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

victoria wood's songs were sublime. "Let's do it" was so funny

:D They are sublime - particularly that one.

Love A'kin said:
and what was the one with the teabag?

Ooh - yep, the one about 'Just give us the teabag and I'll suck it on the way back...' I can't remember it all, but its the scene with Bernard Wrigley in it. He's stood in the queue for a cuppa, and can't get it cos they're gossiping:D

concordia, Love A'kin and Almerinda - you rock! You've cheered me up so much with your 'dinnerladies' loveliness and quoting.

Apart from the "sperm getting through the sash window" (one of my favourites) I also love it when Philippa (I think) asks Anita who her family worships and she says "well, we all really like Celine Dion" and we mustn't forget "can you spead em for Tony!".

:D They are sublime - particularly that one.

Ooh - yep, the one about 'Just give us the teabag and I'll suck it on the way back...' I can't remember it all, but its the scene with Bernard Wrigley in it. He's stood in the queue for a cuppa, and can't get it cos they're gossiping:D

That scene is brilliant. I thought that he was the guy from Canon and Ball!!

Ta for reminding me of the brill Dinnerladies everyone! Is it too late to ask Santa for a Dinnerladies DVD? Prehaps the could flog a box set as a TSV, was going to say recommended by Cheryl Cole but I can only imagine the humour flying over her fluffy little head.

Past post on Philip - attention Cavegirl

As today is a Philip Kingsley TSV day it reminded me of a hilarious post written by Cavegirl nearly a year ago. As some of you are new and haven't had the opportunity to read it I thought that you deserved a treat and I have spent a good half hour hunting it down for you! For those of us who have read it before, here it is again! Swallow your tea before reading!

Did anyone else see the Beauty Gifts hour on Sunday afternoon with the Philip Kingsley products being shown?

I'd be panicking if I was La Cole - as it seems there's a brannnoooo famous person vying to take her crown as 'celebrity product endorser of the year most likely to be mentioned by Alison Young'. :envy:

'Cavegirl' you're all asking 'Just who could be worthy of nicking this title from this night-club brawling, talentless, fake haired national treasure?'

Well, Janette Krankie - that's who!

According to Ian, the Philip Kingsley guest - the schoolboy impersonating, scottish panto stalwart and pint sized barrel o'fun uses Elasticizer on a regular basis after a Panto hair mis-hap and now won't be without it. Ian credits himself with saving her hair. :flower:

Come in Cheryl Cole, your time is up! :cheeky:. I wonder how many times AY will be dropping JK's name into future programmes? :cheeky:

I have waited in vain fo PK to mention Janette Krankee again but it hasn't......has he?

Last edited:
Thank you for finding this Almerinda.
Another Dinnerladies fan here.

"there's a shepherds pie on the cistern, not sure the mince will go another day....!"

I'd actually forgotten about the Victoria Wood bit of this thread...........it is Cavegirl's post on Janette Krankee that made me choke on a chestnut.

What a team they would make Cavegirl and Wood!

thanks so much for this, have been literally and actually shrieking with laughter, Cavegirl you are so hilarious, I once glimpsed Jeannette Krankie and spouse in the celebrity flesh when I and mate were having coffee in the cafe bit of one of theatres where I live. They were in the panto and must have been on a break as were in "normal" clothes i.e she was not dressed as wee Jimmy!! I am also a real fan of Victoria Wood and can't stand Cheryl Cole so this is a gold star thread as far as I am concerned.

I'd actually forgotten about the Victoria Wood bit of this thread...........it is Cavegirl's post on Janette Krankee that made me choke on a chestnut.

What a team they would make Cavegirl and Wood!

Gosh and a half, I'd totally forgotten about this thread!

I should be honoured, nay thrilled and delighted to have my name merely uttered in the same breath as Dame Victoria of Woodshire.

I am sure they have been reading this thread - just this very afternoon Ian came out with another Wood-ism during the 3 o'clock hour - they were talking about the TSV and he referred to 'The 3 Cs' (the cut, the colour, the condition) which instantly reminded me of her Madeleine Monologue:

'Yes, it will take quite a long time to do your hair - well, because of the way it's been neglected - there's the cut, the colour, the condition - it's what we in the world of hairdressing would call quite diabolically cruddy...I mean where were you previous to coming to us, who actually did this for you...? Oh - did I? No, I like it, I'll just go and pop the kettle on...'

"I do so wish that I had heard that!!!! I was eating a roast chestnut when I read this and nearly choked with laughter. My colleague almost had to do the heimlich manoeuvre I was laughing so much."

dontcha think you're startin' crimbo a little early Almerinda? Funny thread: the krankies do my nut in! I think it's the fact that they're man and wife that just adds to the horror.

"I do so wish that I had heard that!!!! I was eating a roast chestnut when I read this and nearly choked with laughter. My colleague almost had to do the heimlich manoeuvre I was laughing so much."

dontcha think you're startin' crimbo a little early Almerinda? Funny thread: the krankies do my nut in! I think it's the fact that they're man and wife that just adds to the horror.

NOOO! The chestnut choking incident was close to Chrisitmas last year when I read Cavegirl's post. It had made me laugh so much and for so many days that I felt it was my moral duty to find it for those who hadn't read it!
As yet I haven't had any chestnuts all this year but it won't be long now......becuase it is chestnut gathering time in this part of Italy.
:heart:

Latest posts

Back