Cheryl Cole, she's like sooo yesterday...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ADORE Dinnerladies and like you I watch it over and over. The Krankies do live in Torquay, as our local tv never lets us forget!!

Did anyone else see the Beauty Gifts hour on Sunday afternoon with the Philip Kingsley products being shown?

I'd be panicking if I was La Cole - as it seems there's a brannnoooo famous person vying to take her crown as 'celebrity product endorser of the year most likely to be mentioned by Alison Young'. :envy:

'Cavegirl' you're all asking 'Just who could be worthy of nicking this title from this night-club brawling, talentless, fake haired national treasure?'

Well, Janette Krankie - that's who!

According to Ian, the Philip Kingsley guest - the schoolboy impersonating, scottish panto stalwart and pint sized barrel o'fun uses Elasticizer on a regular basis after a Panto hair mis-hap and now won't be without it. Ian credits himself with saving her hair. :flower:

Come in Cheryl Cole, your time is up! :cheeky:. I wonder how many times AY will be dropping JK's name into future programmes? :cheeky:

Cavegirl, sorry to keep going on about your post but it has given me almost 24 hours of entertainment. This morning I woke up with a streaming cold and the prospect of going to hospital to have a little mole removed from the nape of my neck and I still managed to break into hysteric laughter before turning the lights on and getting out of bed. My husband went to make me a cup of tea and I was laughing in the dark all on my own. I then drank my tea (I'm not daft!!) and told my husband about the post. It took a while for me to lay the ground because I had to
a) explain who PK was
b) tell him about AY 's name dropping (he can't bear listening to her)
c) tell him about Cheryl Cole (minor celebrity, married to a footballer, hair extensions etc).
Then I told him the JK story.
His first reaction to JK being nominated as a celebrity client was "who is Janette Krankee". After a supine rendering of "fandabidosee" in the dark he remembered. Then he said "you are kidding?" then "is she married to a footballer then?" and then "well, she has more right to being labelled a celebrity; she's been around for years". Quite true!
Of course this was all puntuated by Mutley like sniggerings from me which lasted until we got up.
Later on he said "she 's not much of a testimonial, her hairs a bliddy mess if I remember rightly. It must be that cap she wears all the time". He then told me that she isn't even Scottish. Is that true????
Thanks CG, that was a fandabidossi post! :)

He did - he had a very straight face...:D he seemed particularly pleased he'd rescued the barnet of one of our best loved ennnertainers (with, I might add, over 30 years experience in the ennnertainment business, literally...) .

Oh and Almerinda I loved her in Dinnerladies - was one of the funniest cameos I've ever seen :)

Waaaay better that Cheryl Cole will ever be!

I just love dinnerladies full stop. It's pretty much the only thing I will happily sit and watch repeats of. Brilliant stuff. Uuuuurrrrrrmston!

Oh, don't get me started on the dinerladies. It is brilliant and I never tire of watching it. Every single character is amazing. Sadly I know quite a few of the lines too.

Cavegirl, sorry to keep going on about your post but it has given me almost 24 hours of entertainment. This morning I woke up with a streaming cold and the prospect of going to hospital to have a little mole removed from the nape of my neck and I still managed to break into hysteric laughter before turning the lights on and getting out of bed. My husband went to make me a cup of tea and I was laughing in the dark all on my own. I then drank my tea (I'm not daft!!) and told my husband about the post. It took a while for me to lay the ground because I had to
a) explain who PK was
b) tell him about AY 's name dropping (he can't bear listening to her)
c) tell him about Cheryl Cole (minor celebrity, married to a footballer, hair extensions etc).
Then I told him the JK story.
His first reaction to JK being nominated as a celebrity client was "who is Janette Krankee". After a supine rendering of "fandabidosee" in the dark he remembered. Then he said "you are kidding?" then "is she married to a footballer then?" and then "well, she has more right to being labelled a celebrity; she's been around for years". Quite true!
Of course this was all puntuated by Mutley like sniggerings from me which lasted until we got up.
Later on he said "she 's not much of a testimonial, her hairs a bliddy mess if I remember rightly. It must be that cap she wears all the time". He then told me that she isn't even Scottish. Is that true????
Thanks CG, that was a fandabidossi post! :)

I am glad I managed to make you laugh:D. Watching it actually happen on TV was very funny too and it would have been remiss of me not to share it with you ace peeps on here.

I'm fairly sure she is Scottish though...I don't think you could manufacture such a strong accent - plus my other half lives in Glasgow and has seen her knocking about a few times (and seen her in panto too...;) )

And as for Dinnerladies - I bet I could quote you all under the table:D .

All the best people love dinnerladies! It's one of those litmus tests for people I'll get on with. Although I don't think I've ever met anyone that didn't love it - just people who haven't seen it.

You could definitely out-quote me hon. I tend to dissolve into uncontrollable giggles mid quote. "Urrrrmston!" is about my level! :D

Oh, don't get me started on the dinerladies. It is brilliant and I never tire of watching it. Every single character is amazing. Sadly I know quite a few of the lines too.

Oh my! And I thought I was the only one who knew the lines :D Yes, I am a sad person :rolleyes:

I've been literally desperate to call someone a bumfaced craphound for years!

Hubby and I do make use of the whole "bit of sex and a bacon sandwich" thing sometimes when one of us needs cheering up!

Fave bit though is probably this: (It'd be a different one tomorrow)

Bren: Don't get your dander up Stan.
Stan: Get me dander up? Get it up... ...I wouldn't give it a nudge with a wet flannel!

LOVE it!

Thora Hurd as Dolly's mother...
The poor guy wanting his bacon...
The bread man, who fell off a diving board in Guernsey...
HRT patches in the ministrone....
12 rounds of white with low fat spread....
Anyone for Scotish country dancing...
They're my wife's ladders, she does the open university...
My father was a desert rat, he saved a man's life with a teaspoon...
Gems, every one!!! :D

Last edited:
concordia, Love A'kin and Almerinda - you rock! You've cheered me up so much with your 'dinnerladies' loveliness and quoting.

Breathe in! Can you smell my Charlie?

They used to call me coppernob
What colour was your hair, though?

Is genitalia the silver stuff you drape over branches?

Dinnerladies is the best!

Last edited:
Are you too busy to have an orgasm?
Orgasm? I haven't blown my nose since last Tuesday...

(on Jean's new boyfriend Barry) 'She told me they did it twice during the Nine O'Clock News...'
'Perhaps it was specially extended...'

*Snigger* "Can you smell my Charlie?" I'd forgotten that one!

Dolly: "I though you said he looked like Richard Madeley"
Jean: "I meant Richard Whitely"

Moustache Man: "I hear you're having problems with your underwear?"

Jean: "Who else ****** knows?!"

Moustache Man: "Anybody who were waitin for bacon. No specifics were mentioned though - like colour?"

Jean: "Cafe au Lait"

Moustache man: "Ohhh - Niiiiiiice"

Jean: "Would you like me to strip off now and model it for ya????"

Moustache man: "not if it's gonna hold up the bacon."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and what was the one with the teabag?

We could do this all day couldn't we? :D

Victoria Wood - now she's a proper national treasure. Cheryl bleedin' Cole doesn't even come close.

Last edited:
Are you too busy to have an orgasm?
Orgasm? I haven't blown my nose since last Tuesday...

(on Jean's new boyfriend Barry) 'She told me they did it twice during the Nine O'Clock News...'
'Perhaps it was specially extended...'

LMFAO! :D Best thing on telly - ever. Just as well it's on almost permanent repeat! :D

The ones I remember best are the smutty ones......:eek::eek::eek:

....not sure what that says about me.

Victoria Wood is bloomin' marvellous!!!

Latest posts

Back