CID what do people think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

almost time to ring CS speckle! Well, your fifth day was yesterday wasn't it, looking at the calendar, so you should have received it by now - it's so frustrating when you're awaiting something isn't it? I ordered a product from Amazon on the 24th and that arrived this morning, free P & P too, I wish Q would take note! Anyway hope you get them soon and do let us know what you think won't you...

Loved to hear about the shimmer brick, thank you BusyMum, and look forward to hearing about your experience when you get yours speckledhen

I'm going to wait for Mondays post and if no joy I will ring them - hopefully I can give feedback early next week!

For some of the p&p prices I am starting to expect Alison Young herself to deliver!!

Did anyone order the travel make up case? I have ordered the black and pink (indecisive as ever!) as I am thinking/hoping it may make a good cabin bag. It straps onto the handle of the suitcase, and I think it may be handy for drinks, snacks and all the bits you don't want to weigh your handbag down with.....awful reviews mind, time will tell!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone order the travel make up case? I have ordered the black and pink (indecisive as ever!) as I am thinking/hoping it may make a good cabin bag. It straps onto the handle of the suitcase, and I think it may be handy for drinks, snacks and all the bits you don't want to weigh your handbag down with.....awful reviews mind, time will tell!

I ummed and ahhed about this because as you say the reviews were not good, BUT I loved the look of it and how many products it could hold. Would love to know what you think when it arrives and how you get on with it. I loved the pink and the white ones.

I bought a palette from CID a few weeks ago as it was only £16 and on easypay. It contains small blush, highlighter, two lip creams and four eyeshadows. Its horrible,the lipcolours have a nasty greasy texture and the rest is really chalky and dry looking on the face. Infact I thought the look when applied was "cheap" and so different to what I normally use- Laura Geller or Bare Minerals. Thought it may be usefull for holidays but made me look terrible so I got the Jemma Kidd one instead which is better.

I ummed and ahhed about this because as you say the reviews were not good, BUT I loved the look of it and how many products it could hold. Would love to know what you think when it arrives and how you get on with it. I loved the pink and the white ones.

Lol Speckledhen, I have also ordered the white one since :blush: We obviously have very similar taste in bags, and smelly candles, haha!! I can't wait for them to arrive, they look brilliant, if a little squishy, but the reviews are damning. I will update as soon as they land :talking:

YAY!! The Eagle has Landed!!

Powder, brush and primer arrived this morning - the brush is absolutely gorgeous (agree with length of brush Carol, but I don't mind that), powder is very fine and I am not sure but I think it has a little sparkle in it, which I probably won't like, but will keep as its worth it for the brush alone (will probably brush it over tops of arms and decolage/decolette/decolargette/tops of boobies). Primer is fabby it smooths over, dries quickly and much better than any other I have used. So all in all, another success.

good-o! I'm still using the brush speckle, and getting used to it I think - I had been used to using the smaller one for so long. I've not noticed "sparkle" in the powder as I wouldn't like that either, I'm far too old for sparkle! See how you go! Did you get the shimmer block, or was that someone else..can't remember now - anyway I'm well pleased with my two purchases, glad you are!

good-o! I'm still using the brush speckle, and getting used to it I think - I had been used to using the smaller one for so long. I've not noticed "sparkle" in the powder as I wouldn't like that either, I'm far too old for sparkle! See how you go! Did you get the shimmer block, or was that someone else..can't remember now - anyway I'm well pleased with my two purchases, glad you are!

Yes pleased with it all, and maybe when I put the powder on it won't have sparkle in it (might have just been my imagination), no to the shimmer block (can't remember seeing it or I probably would have gone for it). Here's to a glamorous Summer!! lol

Well, all 3 bags have landed! Packaged in a large jiffy bag - all squished up, not very impressed.

First one opened was white. First reaction - "hmm". Not a super white, and when I took it out of the cellophane it was marked from where it had been folded. Bit of spit and polish and it's not coming off! It looks cheap and will mark really easily. Left this one where it was.

Next one opened - pink. Oh my word! What a gorgeous colour, and this was pretty much my reaction too! Promptly went about filling it with my bits I intend to take on the flight, tried it on a small suitcase I had lying around, on the shoulder, cross-body etc.....the verdict? It is perfect for what I want it for!

The top compartment is not very deep, but it does have a clear plastic pocket with a popper, and behind that a zipped pocket. I have my glasses and my mobile in here, still plenty of space. Oh and I shoved my Bobbi Brown lip balm and Mally lippie in for good measure, in the plastic pocket. That is the extent of what I top-up during the day!!

The main compartment is deceptively roomy. I have a scarf, Kindle, purse (although I had to downsize from my LG wallet - it's so heavy!), ballerina slippers in here. There are various pockets in here, zipped and open, and two at each side for small bottles of water (or beauty products, I keep forgetting it's a make-up case!!). I also have room for a folded cardi and some snacks for the plane :happy: OOh and on the underside of the top section (so in the main bit) is another clear plastic zipped pocket.

The front section, which they didn't show on the video, is split into two. I have my passports in one side and will put tickets etc in the back bit.

The handle is adjustable and sits on the shoulder niceley, as it does cross-body. However, if it is only half-full then it tends to swing. This bag needs to be crammed to the rafters to look/perform!

Now I have a dilemma - pink or black?! The pink is lovely, a real bubblegum/Jordan pink. I am not a pink girl, and the fact that it puts me in mind of Jordan is fact enough to go for the black! The black is classy, looks more like real patent, and I suppose will be better with my black cases and whatever I am wearing to travel. I have them both in the garden with me and, whilst it keeps catching my eye, that pink is very bright :blush: *sigh* what a dilemma!

Some photo's attached!

20120529_121252 (Large).jpg20120529_120751 (Large).jpg20120529_120808 (Large).jpg20120529_120906 (Large).jpg20120529_121116 (Large).jpg

well I'd say you're going to have to keep the pink and the black and return the white! Great review Capirossi and good pics..I didn't order and it's not really the sort of thing I'd need (I don't travel!) but thank you!

Haha busy mum. That's what I was thinking too! Although ruling with my head, have decided to keep the black! Speckledhen wanted a full report as I think she was toying with the idea. I wouldn't use it for make up, the amount I use fits in a tiny bag! However if you have a lot, or could use it as a flight bag, then I highly recommend it. I suppose it would make a funky baby bag too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Helloooooo, excellent report Capirossi and you get extra brownie points for the photos! I have mulled over your dilemma and it would have to be PINK all the way, although I love the black too (and yes I am going to get a pink!), and possibly a black. Because of your reaction when you opened the pink, then I think you should keep it and forget about the Jordan niggles (its only if you totter along with it, with a skirt up to your armpits, white thigh length boots, heavy make-up and a peep-hole bra that you won't get away with it)..

Helloooooo, excellent report Capirossi and you get extra brownie points for the photos! I have mulled over your dilemma and it would have to be PINK all the way, although I love the black too (and yes I am going to get a pink!), and possibly a black. Because of your reaction when you opened the pink, then I think you should keep it and forget about the Jordan niggles (its only if you totter along with it, with a skirt up to your armpits, white thigh length boots, heavy make-up and a peep-hole bra that you won't get away with it)..

oh God, you've seen me on the pensioner's outing then......:mysmilie_505:

Haha!!! No danger of that, even if I did have the legs (and rest) for it!!!

Oh Hen you are so bad for me. I've just been playing with the pink since reading your reply, and thinking pink for hols and how the black would make an excellent work bag - very organised. Am going to stop reading your posts, ha ha!!! :p

Glad you're going for it. Maybe you'll use it as intended?! Good thing about dithering and not deciding, at least they're on easy pay (are they still?) Hoorah for the 30 day mbg I say - a ditherer's dream!!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, good job we're not next door neighbours - we'd have handbags crammed in the shed, greenhouse, attic and bedrooms!!

BUT..we deserve a little treat every now and then (seems more now than then with us tho!) lol....

For me - Black for home and pink for work with all my bits in, i.e. purse, water bottle etc.

Lol Busy Mum!!

That sounds like a plan Hen! Well, I'm giving myself until I go back to work to decide. As much as I would love to keep them both, I only really have need/use for one, so I must make a decision :-(

I forgot to mention there are two pockets on the outside, at either side. They're not deep enough for my large sunglasses, but could be used for small reading glasses or something...

No point showing hubby, he will say black. He grew up with two extremely frilly, girly girl sisters and now has an aversion to anything pink or fussy!! May just keep the pink to wind him up, haha!

Lol Busy Mum!!

That sounds like a plan Hen! Well, I'm giving myself until I go back to work to decide. As much as I would love to keep them both, I only really have need/use for one, so I must make a decision :-(

I forgot to mention there are two pockets on the outside, at either side. They're not deep enough for my large sunglasses, but could be used for small reading glasses or something...

No point showing hubby, he will say black. He grew up with two extremely frilly, girly girl sisters and now has an aversion to anything pink or fussy!! May just keep the pink to wind him up, haha!

his surname isn't Franks by any chance...:devil:

his surname isn't Franks by any chance...:devil:

OMG could you imagine?!! Haha!! :thinking:

True to form, he said black straight away! He said if it was a pale pink it wouldn't be too bad, but it looks neon :cheeky: that put me off straight away! So the black it is. I am not too disheartned though, as I finally have the travel bag I was after, and a gorgeous little white French number hopefully arriving very soon! And then....no more bags!! Well, until Lulu Guinness puts the polka dot Franka on 4 easy pays, and then when I stumble into my favourite leather shop in Santorini at the end of June......arghhhhhhh!!! :cash::heartbroke:

Latest posts

Back