Clarisonic Face & Body TSV 10 Feb

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unpacked mine today and the first thing I felt on getting it out was a rough patch on the back of it. On closer examination there are several pits in the finish. Doesn't make me think that the finish will stand up to long term usage in the shower etc. It is one of the coloured ones - lavender, that were specially done for QVC, Has anyone else had a similar issue ?.

I bought the lilac as well and haven't noticed any defects in the finish. I know lilac has sold out but it might be worth returning it and getting a replacement in a different colour. For £166 you want a perfect Clarisonic.

I haven't posted on here for ages, but just looked on here to see if anyone had any problems with their clarisonic, I had the lavender option and it had bubbles on the plastic wrap, I didn't think it would stand up using in the shower so I sent it back, I've now got a white one but that has pits in the grey rubber on/off panel :( not sure what to do, it's an expensive item, two with defects so far, also the box containing the two large tubes and two brushes looks like someone ripped it open in a hurry, not sure I've got a return or not, anyone else with any defects on their clarisonic?

When first a TSV I got the lavender and it was perfect, I already own an original Plus in white. Someone on here got a lavender with the bubbling and returned it.

I would send it back and get replacements. Madge contain CS and tell them the box was damaged as if ripped open and the rubber looks damaged. Get them to send another one. You deserve to get perfect factory sealed one.

I have contacted CS and they are arranging for an exchange for a white one but it sounds like there may be issues with the white ones too. The rubber on/off panel on my lavender one had black marks on it as well as the bubbling/pitting in the lavender finish.

I saw a presentation where they said that the coloured versions were only available at QVC when it was too late to cancel my order for the lavender as I have learned to be wary of anything that is 'special' for QVC, so I am not totally surprised that there is a problem. It is disappointing to hear that the white ones might also have problems - I wonder if they are also made on a production run just for QVC.

All in all I am not very happy that for such an expensive item, I am having to faff around returning it and now hearing that others have had similar problems, I do wonder if the good deal QVC had on the price might have come at the cost of some corners being cut in the quality of the product.

Last edited:
I have contacted CS and they are arranging for an exchange for a white one but it sounds like there may be issues with the white ones too. The rubber on/off panel on my lavender one had black marks on it as well as the bubbling/pitting in the lavender finish.

I saw a presentation where they said that the coloured versions were only available at QVC when it was too late to cancel my order for the lavender as I have learned to be wary of anything that is 'special' for QVC, so I am not totally surprised that there is a problem. It is disappointing to hear that the white ones might also have problems - I wonder if they are also made on a production run just for QVC.

All in all I am not very happy that for such an expensive item, I am having to faff around returning it and now hearing that others have had similar problems, I do wonder if the good deal QVC had on the price might have come at the cost of some corners being cut in the quality of the product.

theyre not exactly cheap though for that kind of money they should be mint condition and last for many years

For this very reason I steer well clear of "made exclusively for QVC" Kipling bags as the quality has always been compromised. I thought with the Clarisonic that the unit itself has to be the same as their original units (in white etc), just a print coating had been added which is different. My lilac print Clarisonic is fine but sorry to hear this is not the case across the board. Definitely don't compromise with this. It's very expensive and perfection should be the standard.

I got the lavender one last time which had a couple of tiny patches of rough blisters in the finish I did think about sending it back but decided to keep it as it stopped annoying me after a while and I am very lazy. I've had it 4 months now and it's not got any worse so is durable. With hindsight I probably should have returned it as I do think for the huge price it should be perfect!

This isn't good that quite a few of us have not received a clarisonic in perfect condition :( On closer inspection the pit in the rubber on/off panel is in fact a hole, puncture and I have contacted QVC to say that I will be returning it, it can't be water tight if there is a hole in it, and I mentioned the box was rippped too, I thought the white would be as sold in the shops and I didn't expect this, yes I think corners could have been cut here, I don't want to say I received a reject but it feels that way. I really want one and have asked for a replacement to be sent out, I will post on here when it arrives

I got the lavender one last time which had a couple of tiny patches of rough blisters in the finish I did think about sending it back but decided to keep it as it stopped annoying me after a while and I am very lazy. I've had it 4 months now and it's not got any worse so is durable. With hindsight I probably should have returned it as I do think for the huge price it should be perfect!

This was my experience, too. It hasn't worsened with use so I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

I have now got my replacement Clarisonic in white, having sent the lavender one back because of bubbles/pitting in the finish. I have to say that the finish on the white one is far superior, in fact is in another league. It is sort of satiny, matches the charger unit exactly and looks more expensive than the made for QVC coloured version I originally received. When I ordered the lavender one I didn't know it was made for QVC, as having been wised up by this forum, I would have avoided it. I'm sure they all work the same though and it has been a tale of woe to get the replacement as QVC messed it up,but am now, at last, able to give it a go and see if it can work any wonders on my skin.

Last edited:
Well at least that's sorted now winetimeisfinetime & I hope you will think that it was worth the effort when you have had a chance to use it.
Your comments about the white version are interesting.
I bought my Clarisonic Mia from a seller on eBay a few weeks ago & I love it.

I didn't know you could put a body brush on the original white one QVC sold, thought they were only for the handles designed for the face/body?

I got the white one last time round.
I was going to get the patterned but they'd sold out of them. Having read all the comments afterwards on here I considered myself quite lucky that I'd missed the special QVC coloured one. The white one is lovely, beautifully finished & classy looking.

The original one sold on QVC is for the face only you cannot use the body brush with it.

The one which is called Plus and the TSVs you can use with the body brush.

The lavender one I bought from the first TSV the charger etc is just the same as the white one I bought from Space NK back in 2010 no difference in quality.

I received the 2nd replacement Clarisonic in white and this one seems fine, no marks or holes, QVC sent the replacement out and picked up the faulty one the next day, which I thought was pretty good.

Latest posts

Back