Clean & Tidy TSV 05/02/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

• Chemical free
  • Cleaning Blocks crumble after repeated use - to extend their use, cut them
  • Always do a patch test
  • For use on hard surfaces only
  • Do not use on glossy car paint

They are not chemical free, they are made of chemicals, including melamine.

Melamine is an organic compound with the formula C3H6N6. This white solid is a trimer of cyanamide.

Cyanamide doesn't sound good to me :eek:

n the early 21st century it was discovered that melamine foam is an effective abrasive cleaner

The open-cell foam is microporous and its polymeric substance is very hard, so that when used for cleaning it works like extremely fine sandpaper, getting into tiny grooves and pits in the object being cleaned. On a larger scale the material feels soft because the reticulated foam bubbles interconnect. Its structure is a 3D network of very hard strands, when compared to the array of separate bubbles in a material such as Styrofoam.

Rubbing with a slightly moistened foam may remove otherwise "uncleanable" external markings from surfaces. For example, melamine foam can remove crayon, marker pen, and grease from painted walls and wood finishings, plastic-adhering paints from treated wooden tables, and adhesive residue and grime from hubcaps.[4] If the surface being cleaned is not sufficiently hard, it may be finely scratched by the melamine material. The foam wears away, rather like a pencil eraser, leaving behind a slight residue which can be rinsed off.

What on earth is this gobbledygook about kitchen foil?

Goodbye waste - these Cleaning Blocks can be used multiple times to tackle stubborn stains, so there's no need to get through reels of kitchen roll each time you spot one. It's far less mess and waste, and no guilt either!

What on earth is this gobbledygook about kitchen foil?

Goodbye waste - these Cleaning Blocks can be used multiple times to tackle stubborn stains, so there's no need to get through reels of kitchen roll each time you spot one. It's far less mess and waste, and no guilt either!

I didn't see the presentation but maybe they were on about the way some people use scrunched up foil to scrub ovens etc.?

There's cyanide in apple pips. I remember as a child being told not to touch foxgloves because of the digitalis in them. We were putting the flowers on our fingers like little glove puppets when a neighbour came out and gave us a rollocking and trooped us all in to wash our hands (with her yummy carbolic soap - I still love that smell and recently found some bars at the Carbolic Soap Company).

Can you imagine neighbours looking out for kids like that these day? The parents would be screaming for the police about abuse.

I can't use those blocks with bare hands. There's something about the way they feel that gives me the heebie-jeebies. They're good on grout that's been muddied by dog paws (and man boots!), though.

I'm amazed they haven't claimed they clean viruses off surfaces (or have they?).

Anything that says "chemical free" is a load of cobblers! We human beings are not chemical free. Water is not chemical free. Air is not chemical free. It is meaningless marketing guff and I wish they would just stop.

Oh, yes! The people who say they only want natural products are deluding themselves. Not to mention missing out on some pretty great formulations along the way.

Latest posts

Back