Click Free - any good??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

greatgable

Registered Shopper
I could do with another external Hard Disc for backup purposes. I am tempted by Click free. My main question is: is the intuitive backup software as good as they say it is??

Your comments would be appreciated

I could do with another external Hard Disc for backup purposes. I am tempted by Click free. My main question is: is the intuitive backup software as good as they say it is??

Your comments would be appreciated

Nope I'm afraid not. I am a medical secretary working from home and I realised by chance that it wasn't backing up the whole of my work. Luckily I have a service contract with my programme providers and they had to dial into my computer and rectify the problem. It still doesn't start running automatically though. I have to wait for it to load and then go into 'my computer' etc.

I've never had problems with any of mine, it found all sorts of stuff scattered around I didn't know about. I've just bought the new one that backs up everything, but haven't tried it yet.

Unless you really, really really want the backup software that comes with it buy a much cheaper external hard drive and download some backup software...there is lots available out there and lotsof free solutions as well...even Windows has a backup solution built in!

Yes they are good BUT, they are very very overpriced.

You can get a plug in Click Free adaptor that turns any hard drive into click free, that's what i have got cost me £17 and a 500gb portable hard drive £30 total £47 , QVC price £101 with postage for 500gb clickfree drive

http://www.clickfree.com/products_transformer.php

Last edited:
i find i back up more often because its easy. and they look nice so i keep mine on the desk which is a permanent reminder. mine doesnt always run automatically either but its a damn sight less of a performance than it was doing it with my previous external hard drive.

i didnt know about the transformer, that sounds good.

I use an Apple imac and just connect an ordinary external hard drive and the software backs up the whole of the computer every hour for me without having to think about it.

Clickfree is overpriced and you would be better buying an external hard drive and using propriotory software for backing up.
Clickfree is for lazy or people with next to no computer knowledge.

I use an Apple imac and just connect an ordinary external hard drive and the software backs up the whole of the computer every hour for me without having to think about it.

Clickfree is overpriced and you would be better buying an external hard drive and using propriotory software for backing up.

wrong. i am not lazy and i am proficient on computers. not everyone is that bothered though simon. we have other things we like to do that doesn't involve spending unnecessary time backing up crap we should have deleted 3 years ago if we had the time and inclination. in other words not everyone is a geek.

so get over YOURself mister!

I prefer online backups but only because I can then access work files from anywhere. And that runs in the background as you work. That really is for lazy people. Like me!!

I am ok with computers, paid out for acronis rue image and it failed spectacularly when I needed it. Clickfree works fine for me and I use it rather than mean to use it.

I am very computer literate. I have to be as I wouldn't be able to do my job otherwise. I also don't consider myself to be lazy either.

I'm putting highly confidential medical information into documents and there are very specific guidelines about how medical records are stored. I bought a Clickfree because I considered it would be a less time consuming way of doing my daily backup, which was a real chore previously.

I have an older version of clickfree but it does what it says and it's simple to use. I would definitely recommend it :up:

Thanks for all the interesting posts. My other observation is that click free is around £20 dearer than other external hard disc drives, presumably that covers the in built software. Anyway, food for thought!

It's good and nothing easier out there as far as I know but it doesn't run automatically,and I also have to go to "My computer" and click on it to get it running. Lee ,the guy who does it QVC,is a bit of a slight of hand artist.He's got all the patter and is full of charm but he also seems to gloss over a lot of things .I'd like an in depth presentation with on air questions from real people asking relevant questions about all of the tech products that require it,so that we get the info thats needed and not just the info that those flogging it want to give you.
The presenters ask questions but frankly with the exception of Debbie Flint, they ask the most basic of questions ..that a 7 year old might ask.
The Click Free is good however I have to say.

It is dearer,but you get what you pay for pretty much.I don't want to be mucking aropund with an external drive that I have to configure or whatever.I'd rather pay a bit more and get something like the Click Free which is pretty easy.

I just received the C6 from clickfree from QVC this week and i think its ****** brilliant. I used it on my samsung nc10 (that has whitescreened on me) and was able to recover all of my files from there, something i'd been panicking about, then i plugged it into my new samsung ns310 however it wasn't click free on that, it went through installation files, downloading drivers etc and took about 5 mins before it started anything like a back up, however now its done, I assume it'll be very easy to use in future.

I'm thrilled with mine, its 500GB so now i'm wondering if I should have gotten a larger sized one.

I got one from Warrington outlet store a couple of years ago for about £30.
I think its great for what I want it for (and I'm very computer literate and not in the slightest bit lazy....tut tut).

Latest posts

Back