Clogau Gold TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
I see there is a Clogau Gold TSV showing for Monday, 16th November. Wonder if it will be something with a reasonably affordable price tag.........:wink2:

I see there is a Clogau Gold TSV showing for Monday, 16th November. Wonder if it will be something with a reasonably affordable price tag.........:wink2:

Well, knowing Clogau prices BL, it will be mega expensive.. Can't believe some of the prices they charge, for what is 9ct gold.. :wave2:

Well, knowing Clogau prices BL, it will be mega expensive.. Can't believe some of the prices they charge, for what is 9ct gold.. :wave2:

ahhhh: but you are forgetting the tiny, incy winey bit of microscopic welsh gold, which adds all the value ( unless you loose it and try and claim of the insurance company. Happened to a friend who is welsh and had one of their designs as a wedding anniversary present. It was stolen whislt on holiday and she only got the average price on a 9ct gold itme refunded, which worked out 1/3 of the price)

ahhhh: but you are forgetting the tiny, incy winey bit of microscopic welsh gold, which adds all the value ( unless you loose it and try and claim of the insurance company. Happened to a friend who is welsh and had one of their designs as a wedding anniversary present. It was stolen whislt on holiday and she only got the average price on a 9ct gold itme refunded, which worked out 1/3 of the price)

Thats terrible Star.. Maybe they should mention that for insurance purposes, you can only claim for it being 9ct gold and not for the minute speck of welsh gold thats included :cheeky:

Hi all

When Clogau say an item has 'a touch' of Welsh gold how much is that? Is 'touch' a new unit of measuring gold weights perchance? :D

Hi all

When Clogau say an item has 'a touch' of Welsh gold how much is that? Is 'touch' a new unit of measuring gold weights perchance? :D

Yes, in a 9ct gold piece which consists in 'a touch' of gold in the first place. Wonderful designs, but I'd rather buy gold.

are the royal families wedding rings not made of welsh gold? So I always assumed that that is why they can charge extra for it?

I have a couple of pieces and I love them. Imo there is something special about it. It may not be intrinsically more valuable than any other gold, but there's something very special about opening the beautiful packaging and owning a teensie weensie bit of Welsh gold.

I'm sorry, I really don't get this 'Welsh gold' thing... How is gold mined in Wales any different from any other type of gold????

Because it is mined in Wales by Welsh miners. More like typing "clogau gold" in ebay :giggle: And there's no English gold mine (apart from the english tax payers :tongue2:) so it's special.

Pah, why bother buying this when you can go out to Middle East/Asian countries and get a higher carat gold at cheaper prices. Better designs too I might add and if you are fortunate, they'll design one for you.

I have 3 Clogau rings and I love them. Didn't buy them from QVC though. They're good value for me because I wear one of them every day. Not as keen on the necklaces/pendants. Too delicate for me whereas the rings are quite heavy and chunky.

Wow. lucky you Margaret, owning three Clogau rings. I don't have any but I think the rings are beautiful. It is the understated design. I love rose and yellow gold together. The ones with diamonds are particularly striking I think. I have one pair of heart studs, which I purchased from Amazon after Bizzie Lizzie left a note in the drop. I got £100 off, but they are still expensive. They have not been out of my ears since though.

One was a bargain on eb.. and the second is one of the most affordable that they do in silver and rose gold. And the third - well I decided earlier this year to spoil myself after a particularly hectic spell at work, and pushed the boat out further than usual. Probably won't buy another one before 2020!!

Latest posts

Back