Cozee Home Heated Throw - Product Recall

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
Hi all. Putting this out here just in case it affects anyone. Around about Christmas 2020 QVC had a some heated throws - I think they may have been a TSV. Anyhows, they have sent around emails asking buyers to unplug them immediately and not use them. They are a fire an electric shock risk. I'm horrified as I bought one for my elderly Mum and I would really like to know how it took after a year to discover the problem.
I'm just putting this out here in case any of you, or yours, bought them or were gifted them and are not aware.
It affects item numbers item number 815576 / 809971

Hi all. Putting this out here just in case it affects anyone. Around about Christmas 2020 QVC had a some heated throws - I think they may have been a TSV. Anyhows, they have sent around emails asking buyers to unplug them immediately and not use them. They are a fire an electric shock risk. I'm horrified as I bought one for my elderly Mum and I would really like to know how it took after a year to discover the problem.
I'm just putting this out here in case any of you, or yours, bought them or were gifted them and are not aware.
It affects item numbers item number 815576 / 809971
Welcome!

This issue was mentioned in this thread but I agree it has taken rather a long time for then realise there was an issue.

I bought mine in late autumn last year - 2021, They’ve just taken the final easy pay. I’ve had their email so I know mine is the item affected. Disappointed because it’s fab, both the cat and I really enjoy it.

I had the same email and I bought 2, one for me and the other my elderly mother - it is a lovely soft blanket and works great, but agree, why has it taken soo long to realise there is a fault ?
Just waiting to see what they are going to do about it !
The email says they will update me within days, but it’s been a week now and still no update.

I have two heated throws but they pre-date the one they’re recalling so I assume I’m ok. I haven’t had an email anyway. I will be wary from now on, however, and definitely won’t be falling asleep with one switched on. I do love them so I’m glad I haven't got to lose them.

PS Just checked the product numbers and they are different.

I SO nearly bought this throw for my mum. Very glad I didn’t now!

I’ve always been a bit dubious about the concept, particularly the fact you can unplug and machine wash them! (Assume this is the same).

Assume they’ll be refunding people?!

There used to tons of CH heated throws on eBay and I was tempted but wasn’t sure why they were on there! (New in pack...)

(I got an email about a year ago about an item I bought from amazon - a plug “tower” with usb slots too - which was recalled as a potential fire risk...
Abs reading this has reminded me it’s still in use! 😳
It doesn’t get warm or anything and I thought carer was dealing with it..!)

I told QVC I was absolutely appalled that their product put my Mum at risk. I had also ordered the Heys Luggage set. It was in stock, not even on advance orders, they then sent me a letter saying they didn't have any and would try to get it in 30 days but no promises. I was gutted as I have a flight soon. This, on top, of the fire risk granny-grilling blankets has put me right off QVC. I am not intending to shop with them again their quality control and customer service have gone right down the Swanee.

I SO nearly bought this throw for my mum. Very glad I didn’t now!

I’ve always been a bit dubious about the concept, particularly the fact you can unplug and machine wash them! (Assume this is the same).

Assume they’ll be refunding people?!

There used to tons of CH heated throws on eBay and I was tempted but wasn’t sure why they were on there! (New in pack...)

(I got an email about a year ago about an item I bought from amazon - a plug “tower” with usb slots too - which was recalled as a potential fire risk...
Abs reading this has reminded me it’s still in use! 😳
It doesn’t get warm or anything and I thought carer was dealing with it..!)
I bought one from Amazon after seeing it on QVC, I wonder if it is the same one?

I bought one from Amazon after seeing it on QVC, I wonder if it is the same one?
Do you mean the plug tower thingy?

If so, don’t worry!

The ones on QVC and which I’ve posted about before and recommended are all Safemore brand.

I’ve got one of those and it’s been great.

The dodgy one wasn’t cheap but it was unbranded and in a generic box...

FYI it’s the one listed on page 3 of this document..

Do you mean the plug tower thingy?

If so, don’t worry!

The ones on QVC and which I’ve posted about before and recommended are all Safemore brand.

I’ve got one of those and it’s been great.

The dodgy one wasn’t cheap but it was unbranded and in a generic box...

FYI it’s the one listed on page 3 of this document..

Yes, I meant the tower thingy, I'd gone off-track ;)

I think the one I bought was a Safemore, the same as on QVC

My order list on my account doesn't go back that far but I have a cozee heated throw and no idea what product number it was. I've been using it for well over a year with no problems but now I'm a bit worried, although it's never on unless I'm there. I would hate for my dog to be toast as he's the one that usually bagsies it. Would QVC have a list of my orders in 2020?

CC

If you ring CS they’ll be able to access all your purchases and, if you’re really lucky, they’ll send you a paper copy of all of them. They did that for me a few years ago and the envelope contained enough paper in it to warrant the draft of War and Peace. 😳

I’ve received a letter today with a poly transit bag and returns label enclosed to return the control unit. The blanket does not need to be returned. 2 refund options: Full refund incl P&P, to payment card on file with additional £5 voucher code, on receipt of returned control or option to have amount credited to account with additional £15 voucher code.

I’ve received a letter today with a poly transit bag and returns label enclosed to return the control unit. The blanket does not need to be returned. 2 refund options: Full refund incl P&P, to payment card on file with additional £5 voucher code, on receipt of returned control or option to have amount credited to account with additional £15 voucher code.
So sadly no safe, correctly working replacements being offered then?

Shame they can’t offer a working replacement which is all anyone would want, I imagine?! But to be fair to them, this does seem like a reasonable solution given the circumstances?

Mind you, I don’t know what think they you’re going to do with a throw full of wires which doesn’t work?!

Latest posts

Back