Cozee Home Heated Throw - Product Recall

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw them on Argos too fancied the grey colour way too, seems like the price is about the same from The Range and from them direct too.
Interested how you get on.
Hi Dream Girl,
I thought I'd let you know I picked up my Dreamland throw today. The quality of the controller and where it's fitted to the blanket is very good and better quality that the Cozze Home one imo and I have more confidence in using it. That's the good news the slight downside is the blanket is not as soft as the Cozze home one and I ordered the grey which is a slate grey colour again I preferred the Cozze Home light grey colour. But,overall I like the blanket and it does what it says on the tin.

Hi Dream Girl,
I thought I'd let you know I picked up my Dreamland throw today. The quality of the controller and where it's fitted to the blanket is very good and better quality that the Cozze Home one imo and I have more confidence in using it. That's the good news the slight downside is the blanket is not as soft as the Cozze home one and I ordered the grey which is a slate grey colour again I preferred the Cozze Home light grey colour. But,overall I like the blanket and it does what it says on the tin.
That’s great thank you Runnerbean for kindly letting me know.
Whilst as you say the softness of the blanket not being like the CH. But having the upset of that one not being considered safe, it’s certainly a big plus that your a lot happier using the Dreamland option now. I certainly will consider putting one on my wish list as ideal when I get asked for gift ideas. 😊

When my dad was v poorly few years back, and we just couldn’t keep him warm - in between burning up! - we bought him one of the Dreamland heated throws.

This is going back 6 years and it was a chocolate brown colour.

It served it purpose really well and felt very reliable.

Since dad died, mum took it on and she actually mentioned the other day that it had given up the ghost at last. Amazed it lasted that long tbh although she didn’t use it all year round or often and probably wanted it more for sentimental reasons.

Mum did offer it to me and I have to say I found it nice and thick and warm but not as big as Cozee home ones look and the feel/texture was more of a felted feel than CH.

I’ve twice nearly bought mum a CH one. Knew she’d appreciate and use it and the colours and so on looked so good.

I was always a little bit suspect bc there were always loads of them (“new without tags”!) on eBay and wondered why.

IF they can sort it and do it really well I would consider one for her but this incident doesn’t inspire confidence!

It always seemed like witch craft that they were machine washable! 😉

I’ve gone for the refund on account. I’ve taken the plug off the throw (well hubby did that!) and have pulled the wire out. The dogs are very pleased with their new throw!
Ah didn’t know you’d be able to take the wires out - I did wonder what people were meant to do with a wire filled but non-electrical throw!

Sure your dogs will love it even with the added heat! 🐶

I’ve gone for the refund on account. I’ve taken the plug off the throw (well hubby did that!) and have pulled the wire out. The dogs are very pleased with their new throw!
Yes, I’ve done that too. It was fiddly but kept me occupied for a while 🙂
I’ve washed the throw - it washes so well and quick to dry - and am using it as an ordinary throw. I got the lovely dusky pink colour.

I’ve chosen the refund to my account with the additional £15 voucher. I’m happy with the outcome, overall.

I bought one of the heated throws in November the one with the new control that went up to heat setting 9. All good until 7th February when I got an email to tell me to stop using it as it was dangerous with chance of fire or electrocution. They said they were going to send me an envelope to return the throw. Well I waited until 21st February for the envelope to arrive, then sent back the control unit only the next day. To date even after numerous calls not had my refund totally fed up. I bought this for my daughter who has chronic illnesses to keep her warm in the day. It is nearly 2 months now and cannot afford to buy a new one until I get my money back. When I rang the operator said although says 2 weeks for refund I should forget this as they have had to deal with thousands of returns. I appreciate this but they are a multinational company so surely they can deal with this. Thoughts about what to do please.

I bought one of the heated throws in November the one with the new control that went up to heat setting 9. All good until 7th February when I got an email to tell me to stop using it as it was dangerous with chance of fire or electrocution. They said they were going to send me an envelope to return the throw. Well I waited until 21st February for the envelope to arrive, then sent back the control unit only the next day. To date even after numerous calls not had my refund totally fed up. I bought this for my daughter who has chronic illnesses to keep her warm in the day. It is nearly 2 months now and cannot afford to buy a new one until I get my money back. When I rang the operator said although says 2 weeks for refund I should forget this as they have had to deal with thousands of returns. I appreciate this but they are a multinational company so surely they can deal with this. Thoughts about what to do please.
Welcome Janfair 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼
Your post has been added to a thread were other forum members have discussed their returning of the same throw.
I hope this helps you, but if not I’m sure those being involved will be around to advise.

I'm still waiting for my refund too Janfair - it's been about 3 weeks since I returned it. Am going to give them a ring today.

It’s not as if they have been taken by surprise with the numbers of returns & refund requests. They know how many they sold, they know how many emails and letters they sent out. They should have planned their response a bit better - more staff or better communication with affected customers.

It’s not as if they have been taken by surprise with the numbers of returns & refund requests. They know how many they sold, they know how many emails and letters they sent out. They should have planned their response a bit better - more staff or better communication with affected customers.
I'm still waiting for my refund too Janfair - it's been about 3 weeks since I returned it. Am going to give them a ring today.
I really don’t see why customers had to wait for a refund. As surely if the item is
redundant and not to be used, then the buyers should be refunded right away, emailed and told to stop using the item as of then. I believe the customers were promised a goodwill extra gesture for the return of the item. Then in the email it should have said your refund has been made to the card used at purchase, here‘s a returns slip and label to return your item, free collection can be arranged by ringing customer service, or you can return by parcel shop or Royal Mail, whichever suits yourself. Its important for whatever stating the reason you stop using the item and when it arrives back with us, you will then receive your goodwill gesture of and if there’s a choice to indicate which you prefer on the returns slip included with this print out label. If you don’t have access to a printer please contact CS who will mail out all the relevant returns label and slips to you.
After all it isn’t the customers fault that there is a problem with the items, so therefore shouldn’t suffer any hardship or unnecessary upset due to any incurred faults. QVCUK have been in business long enough to be able to correctly manage a faulty product, requiring return to them with issuing refunds and to fully compensate customers for the inconvenience without any delay or hiccups in doing so.

It’s QVC dealing with the refunds so a very long wait is no surprise to me. Their practice is prehistoric compared to other companies. 🙄

Someone on QVC Facebook complaining that the voucher code does not work.
Saw that, she says “showing as invalid” so probably tried to use it on something on easy pay or advanced order or summat.
Mine worked fine.
She also says she can’t use the credit on line. No, because you have to phone so they can apply the credit to the order.

Just wondered if anyone had actually received their refund back yet for the CozyHome throw that was recalled.I sent mine back on the 20th Feb and still not got a refund. Every time I ring them I get told something different. Getting fed up with all the lies. Will seriously be thinking before I buy anything else from them.

Has everyone been able to get sorted with their QVC refunds and compensations. Also have you managed to find an alternative throw from elsewhere?

No I’ve still not received my refund and there is no point me even looking for a replacement until I’ve got the money back from QVC

Has everyone been able to get sorted with their QVC refunds and compensations. Also have you managed to find an alternative throw from elsewhere?
I saw these being sold on TJC the other day. The reviews seem quite good as well...

Latest posts

Back